Hunter or Ret Pala for raiding in Cata

Hey, i'm wondering what you think would be better, i'm considering making my hunter my main and leaving my pala to decay... is the gameplay more fun (or be more fun)? i'm kinda sick of the pala rotation and its quite boring but i dont know if im replacing one boring class with another, advice appreciated

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Hunter or Ret Pala for raiding in Cata

Do what you want to do.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I too have just hit 80 on my hunter after playing Paladin for 5 years. Im definately playing hunter main in cataclysm, not that i will forget my paladin though, ill play both, when it suits me

Yeah I am having the same question but first before I make my decision I want to see what Blizzard does with the Focus system for Hunters and if its too broken I'll just raid with my Pally.

Hunter because its ranged..
    And Blizz hates melee in PvE.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin
    marrowgar, saurfang, festergut, and blood princes are soooo easy for melee

I find wotlk quite easy as melee for raiding...

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign
    marrowgar, saurfang, festergut, and blood princes are soooo easy for melee
    Uhm bloodqueen is easy for too. There really are no ranged friendly fighta in icc. There's melee friendly and equal fights. I'm having terouble picking a main as well. Its hard though because I have 8 80s anda 75...my poor warrior will never get anywhere
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

15+ Year Old Account

Thought these kind of questions weren't allowed?

Anyways OP, it's up to you what you choose doesn't matter what we write :P

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Most of the time its Ranged that have to "switch targets" to kill adds because melee are more effective for sustained DPS. And really how many times do you have to dodge shit like Malleable Goo/Vile Gas/Orbs/Kite Blistering Zombies, ect? Hell you guys would get to stay on Sindergosa if not for the Chilled to the bone effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben
    Uhm bloodqueen is easy for too. There really are no ranged friendly fighta in icc. There's melee friendly and equal fights. I'm having terouble picking a main as well. Its hard though because I have 8 80s anda 75...my poor warrior will never get anywhere
    Every time i see someone say that range "got it easy" i ask them to name all the fights that range have a significant advantage over melee. Then name all the fights that melee have a significant advantage over ranged. Then remove the ones were it is about equal, So far i have never had anyone list more range friendly fights.

Bad melee will be even worse at ranged since being at ranged you have to account for positioning of healers and move accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif
    Hell you guys would get to stay on Sindergosa if not for the Chilled to the bone effect.
    but the chilled to the bone effect IS there, therefore melee DON'T get to stay on sindergosa
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

My main is Holy paladin, ive been healer in all 3 games so far and i feel like trying something new so im going for retri/prot paladin in cataclysm, or you know.. shut up and do as guild wants me to?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Gah? Once again with calling paladins 'pala'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_%28novel%29

Melee and Ranged together make up a team, we all face the same challanges as a group, as one.

amirite?

13.6.2. Pointless threads
    "Which class should I roll?" is a frequently reoccurring thread.

There is no real discussion to be had about which class any individual should play. This is a very personal decision and all anyone can really do is post their personal favourites over and over again.

If you wish to find out more information about specific classes, feel free to browse our Class Forums. You can also try to use the forum's search function if you have a specific question about a class.

Other examples of pointless threads include, but are not limited to:

* Which race should I roll?
    * Which faction is better for me?
    * Which is the best PvE/PvP/... realm?
    * Looking for RAF partner
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/forum-guidelines-%28new-version!-read-me%29-11620/

stop posting these threads.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Indeed.