Poll: Which do you prefer to do?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Heroic bosses: To skip or not to skip?

It's nice to do all the bosses...however if people want to skip, i'm fine with it.

It seems to me you completely forgot to mention one extremely important factor in how many badges one gathers an hour: group role.
    I'll go out on a wing here and say you're either a tank or a healer most of the time, otherwise, none of your argument would make much sense. It takes an average of ten minutes for a DPS of my battlegroup to find a heroic; I want to be able to earn all the badges I possibly can in that heroic before we disband and I have to start the waiting process all over again. Badges an hour would be too much of a luxury for me, as a DPS, to even consider. The best and only route towards obtaining as many badges as soon as possible is to complete the few heroics I can get into in a set amount of time.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fex
    I simply cannot fathom why some people get upset about skipping bosses in heroics.

As far as I'm concerned, there are two types of people who do heroics:
    • Typical players trying to do their daily random as quickly as possible
    • Brand new 80's trying to earn badges as quickly as possible

For the first group of people (which I imagine constitutes at least 90% of the people doing heroics at any given time) getting to the final boss seems like the only thing that should matter. Skipping optional bosses (Hadronox, Prince Keleseth, Novos the Summoner, etc.) seems like it should be the obviously correct etiquette for heroics.

In fact, insisting that a 10 minute heroic run be turned into a 20 minute run seems extremely rude to me, and yet I find people all the time who insist that skipping bosses is poor etiquette.

For the second group of people, it's almost always more badges-per-hour to simply finish dungeons as quickly as possible, anyway, because of the bonus 2 badges per clear. The only possible exceptions to this rule are quick and easy optional bosses that can be done on the way to the final boss, such as King Dred, Elder Nadox and Infinite Corruptor. Even then, unless you're with a group specifically formed for farming badges, these bosses are best skipped. Bosses who are out of the way and/or have time-consuming mechanics (Novos the Summoner, Krystallus, Eck the Ferocious, Jedoga Shadowseeker, etc.) should absolutely never be bothered with, even when farming badges.

I'm mostly just interested in gauging the community's thoughts on this. I get the feeling that this is a case of a few irritated people yelling louder than the larger group of people who are quietly happy about skipping bosses.
    It's people like you that ruin WoW.

I chose full clear including trash just to offset the OP's douche-baggery.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

I usually do all the bosses when I tank heroics. The only exception is on HoS and usually I don't do Ick in Gundrak. Although if someone asks me to do Ick I usually will for them.

My runs go fast so people never complain. I've had a few complain though and I quickly remind them im the instant queue and the bitching stops.

As for what the OP says... you're just selfish man. That's a bad tank imo.

I got too many characters to do randoms(10 80's and do daily random on 5 a day) on to do full clears. Normally go with the tank though and follow him through the instance, but if I am in a rush ask as we start if we skipping or not and leave log new toon if they aren't skipping. Must admit, I have a much bigger issue with people slacking in heroics and feel nothing to kick people at the last boss if they have completely slacked! i.e. last night 5.7k gs warlock that didn't break over 2.5k dps overall for the instance. He got kicked at the last boss.

I play prot pally main and whenever im tanking i skip everything humanly possible to get right to the last boss, no if, ands or buts.

blizzard should just remove both. daily-shit + badges from heroics. remove. remove. remove. people should do heroics for items (direct drops) again, not for some welfare/carebear badge crap to buy tier stuff..

Always in HCs for emblems with one of my many alt and i still prefer to skip nearly everything in OK.
    If i need an extra emblem on my DPS, i just ask and the NEVER refused (we are so kind and gentle in a game..real life is still waiting XD)
    But we usually take easy bosses down like trollgore

When I do heroics, I like to skip the trash able to be skipped, but still do all bosses, because I like my runs to be fast, but I also like triumph.
    What I dont get is the people who doesnt want those extra triumph. Cmon its worth money, and precious gems for your delicious epics!
    There are a few exceptions though, for example Ick, and fast run through HoS.

I simply cannot fathom why some people get upset about skipping bosses in heroics.

For the first group of people (which I imagine constitutes at least 90% of the people doing heroics at any given time) getting to the final boss seems like the only thing that should matter. Skipping optional bosses (Hadronox, Prince Keleseth, Novos the Summoner, etc.) seems like it should be the obviously correct etiquette for heroics.

In fact, insisting that a 10 minute heroic run be turned into a 20 minute run seems extremely rude to me, and yet I find people all the time who insist that skipping bosses is poor etiquette.

For the second group of people, it's almost always more badges-per-hour to simply finish dungeons as quickly as possible, anyway, because of the bonus 2 badges per clear. The only possible exceptions to this rule are quick and easy optional bosses that can be done on the way to the final boss, such as King Dred, Elder Nadox and Infinite Corruptor. Even then, unless you're with a group specifically formed for farming badges, these bosses are best skipped. Bosses who are out of the way and/or have time-consuming mechanics (Novos the Summoner, Krystallus, Eck the Ferocious, Jedoga Shadowseeker, etc.) should absolutely never be bothered with, even when farming badges.

I'm mostly just interested in gauging the community's thoughts on this. I get the feeling that this is a case of a few irritated people yelling louder than the larger group of people who are quietly happy about skipping bosses.
    You're a tank aren't you? Be a dps as main and come back with this pointless drivel then.

If I'm trying to gear an alt with Triumphs and he's dps, it takes me 30mins to get an instance. If you only do 2 bosses out of 4, it is going to take me twice as long to get the tokens I require.

People like acheivements, I don't have the achievement for the dungeon unless I kill all bosses.

When I do a dungeon I want to have fun, I don't want to rush straight to the end. Especially if I'm waiting 30mins for a new dungeon.

imo, they should only give your frost tokens when every boss is dead, and it's probably only a matter of time until they implement this.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Since I'm a healer, I don't really wait all that long in queues. I just want in and out and get my daily done.
    I could see why a DPS waiting 15 minutes trying to as many triumph badges as he can would want to do all bosses though, so I don't really mind.

Quote Originally Posted by lapetes
    "I'm bad listen to me yell!"

I'm typically a tank so its insta-ques for me. Honestly I see that as a blessing in itself for lowering the time it takes to do my Daily. Personally if I see anyone before a 5k GS (yes I use the fail addon) I just do all the bosses. Because at the very least they need the badges for epic gems. As a tank when I think about it they probably had to wait like 10-20 minutes for a que sometimes longer and taking the time to get like the two extra badges each time probably means a world of difference after a while.

In reality it is be etiquette imo. While you simply need frost badges, they need to work on an entire set of gear and triumph helps them achieve that. By skipping bosses you simply inhibit that which if you think about it, inhibiting them getting gear is probably costing them WAY more time than you taking the time to just kill a boss thats in your path anyway.

(Don't get me wrong, I won't kill the Fungus boss in Old kingdom, or Jedoga unless someone asks for it specifically. So I guess I'm a hypocrite, but even the newbies that need gear don't usually mind skipping those bosses.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley
    Erm, just out of interest, how do you skip Hadronox?
    There are actually a couple of methods.

The first one is to send a single party member to engage the trash, then pop Shadowmeld/Vanish/Invisibility/Feign Death immediately after they aggro. As long as the other party members are not in aggro range, all of the trash in the hallway will despawn, along with Hadronox. You can run down and jump through the hole before anything respawns (you can also just wait down there for the respawn for a faster kill, if you need the badge/achievement but don't want to deal with 5 minutes of trash).

The second method is simpler, but not possible with undergeared baddies: you simply run straight past all of the trash and jump through the hole. The tank does his best to peel off of clothies, but as long as everyone's decently geared, everyone should make it through without any problems.

15+ Year Old Account

There are no optional heroic bosses that take any thought process or are hard or that take much time.

I can understand skipping stuff in HoS and maybe OK especially the mushroom guy but the rest are just blow through its easy.

For DPS with longer queues it would be horribly annoying to get put into a possible 5 badge instance + 2 from clearing and only get 2. This 2 badge at the end of the instance stuff is a "gift" that has ruined perspectives on running heroics.

As for things like Eck. Did you know that there is a tunnel in the very back of Eck's Pool that opens when he dies and you can swim out into the pond then jump off the waterfall to get to the last boss?

IMO Ask the group and consider their wishes. Did a HoS with a tank friend (me healing) and the new 80 wanted a full clear it took 10 extra minutes. Not bad at all.

So I'm beginning to notice a very distinct trend: healers and tanks want to skip everything, DPS wants to kill everything.

My question to the DPS is: Does your guild not have tanks and healers you can run with to speed up queue times?

I never thought about the queue times for other role types for dungeons, I'm a tank and I just assumed that it was always instant ... Although I haven't left any randoms yet. For me it seems what goes around comes around.

Anyways, I random HC and the dps is terrible, i mean uber teribad ranging from 900 to 1.8k dps. The healer (who also had decent gear) asked me to stay as I was gonna quit because trash just took ages to clear. But i stayed to the end quite simply because he asked me to and I had no reason not to really. In the end it didn't really take much longer but I was tops on dps ...

On the flip side I got one of the IC instances for the first time and 2 of the DPS was doing 8k dps and I'm just a tank in Naxx 80 gear who recently came back (4.2k GS). So in that respect although I was losing threat some of the time and subsequently they died, they stuck with me to the end. For that I was glad they didn't boot me out (too bad nothing dropped for me though).

You just never know when on you're on the other side.

I'm a dps and I voted to skip everything and I do every single time, for two reasons; 1) I very often get HOS (I once got it 5x in a row 5 days in a row) and 2) I Don't need triumph/frost. But if I needed only frost I would vote to skip then also.

I don't really appreciate scrubs holding my time to ransom.

Quote Originally Posted by luke_lol
    I don't really appreciate scrubs holding my time to ransom.
    This. A million times, this.