CoT & Lich King (help)

Hi all , I've got a couple questions concerning warlocks and the Lich King encounter in 10 man normal.

My question is does CoT increase the cast time of defile? If so will then from your experience with it does it make the timer line up even closer to valkyr spawns in which case it would be bad or manageable?

Also i'd like to know when is the appropriate time to use demonic portal to escape from the valkyrs? is it as soon as your picked up or do you use it soon as the drop you off the cliff?

Any other tips for this encounter would be of great help.

thanks in advance!

P.S i am not a warlock but a warrior . this coming raid week i will be taking in a warlock alt of a guildie and i would just like to give him as much tips as possible . thanks again

15+ Year Old Account

Re: CoT & Lich King (help)

CoT does not work on bosses. Cast times are usually set in stone to make the encounter much more difficult for people who can't react quickly.

You cannot do anything until the valk drops you, so make sure your teleport is within range of where you will be dropped.

Tips: Put your teleport out of the normal line, as Defile lines up with a valk carry quite often. I.E if your raid is going West, situate yourself Northwest or Southwest so that if you get defiled you don't plop it in the valk path and ruin melee dps.

Shadow Ward is your friend if heals are tight or you are near-death.

Watch your pet on phase transitions - they like to attack the lich king due to the black lightning.

Frostmourne Room - you need to interrupt the cast, so if you are Destro w/o shadowfury the first thing you should do is summon a felhunter. If you are demo, put your pet on passive/stay and use Intercept to interrupt.

R.I.P. YARG

CoT doesn't work, use portal after valkyr throws you down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

thanks for the quick response ! much appreciated