Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tankadin proffesions

Hi!
    I am just asking which proffesions you suggest for protection paladin ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercrunchy View Post
    I play both factions and theres not much difference, we're all idiots

Re: Tankadin proffesions

i use mining and bs it adds a good chunck of stam. jc probably is more stamina then mining thou

10+ Year Old Account

LW/JC provides the most stamina

But anything that provides stamina...
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

15+ Year Old Account

If you want the best, JC + BS. They are the best, regardless of what anyone else says, 3 improved gems from JC and a few additional gem slots from BS!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

Engineering/JC. Armory is king.

Any 2 of the following: mining, JC, BS, LW, enchanting.

If you're serious about a holy or ret offspec and have an alt that can gather for you, I would remove mining from the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiikarii
    If you want the best, JC + BS. They are the best, regardless of what anyone else says, 3 improved gems from JC and a few additional gem slots from BS!
    Only one extra gem from BS on your bracer, which leatherworking can give you a higher boost to sta on said bracer.

JC/BS is prolly best, but enchanting is decent for 60 stam on rings

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9
    Only one extra gem from BS on your bracer, which leatherworking can give you a higher boost to sta on said bracer.
    2 extra gems...
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=55641
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=55628

Quote Originally Posted by Shiikarii
    JC = 63 Stamina (3 +51 Stam gems vs. 30 Stam gems)
    LW = 62 Stamina (102 Stam to wrist vs. 40 Stam enchant to wrist)
    BS = 60 Stamina (2 Extra gem slots)
    Mining = 60 Stamina (60 stam)
    Enchanting = 60 Stamina (30 stam to each ring)

JC + BS is not the "best" if you are min/maxing. I realize you don't care because you are a moron, but the people that want to maximize their toon's performance will notice that JC + LW is the actual best combination for a tank.

my pally is bs/achemist for the 2 exrta sockets and because Flaskof SB gives something like 500-600 extra hp through mixology

10+ Year Old Account

Mining, Blacksmithing, and Enchanting all offer a potential gain of 60 stamina.
    Mining offers 60 stamina straight up; Blacksmithing offers 2 extra sockets that you can put 2 30 Stam gems in; Enchanting offers a +30 stamina enchant to ring.

Leatherworking offers a potential gain of 62 stamina through the bracer enchant. (+102 stam, instead of +40; 102 - 40 = 62)

Jewelcrafting offers a potential gain of 63 stamina (3 +51 stamina gems as opposed to 3 +30 stam gems; 153 - 90 = 63)

To maximize the amount of Stamina you gain, Jewelcrafting and Leatherworking would give a total benefit of 125 stam.

Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting offer you the most flexibility, as Jewelcrafting offers gems other than +51 stam.
    However, it's VERY expensive to level these two without mining, so you could level one, mine up a bunch of mats to level the other, and then go to town. With that being said, the other options through Jewelcrafting kind of suck for a tank.

Personally, I've gone the Mining/Blacksmithing route.

mining give you exactly the same amount of extra sta as BS(+60 sta from toughness at 450) so mining + JC would be best

Quote Originally Posted by tibben
    JC = 63 Stamina (3 +51 Stam gems)
    LW = 62 Stamina (102 Stam to wrist)
    BS = 60 Stamina (2 Extra gem slots)
    Mining = 60 Stamina (60 stam)
    Enchanting = 60 Stamina (30 stam to each ring)

JC + BS is not the "best" if you are min/maxing. I realize you don't care because you are a moron, but the people that want to maximize their toon's performance will notice that JC + LW is the actual best combination for a tank.
    The above is absolutely correct for the min/max'ing tank. While the "moron" comment was unnecessary, the rest of the information is dead-on.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I use Enchanting/JC 30 stam to both rings and those sexy 51 stam gems.

Quote Originally Posted by beilzar
    my pally is bs/achemist for the 2 exrta sockets and because Flaskof SB gives something like 500-600 extra hp through mixology
    At the baseline ratio, the 650 HP from Alchemy looks good but it fails to scale with talents or buffs. As such, Alchemy offers the weakest of the possible HP increasing profession buffs.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    The above is absolutely correct for the min/max'ing tank. While the "moron" comment was unnecessary, the rest of the information is dead-on.
    He said that BS and JC are the best "regardless of what anyone says". Perhaps I should have called him an ignoramus, since that is more befitting of a person who lacks knowledge. I can't assess that he is stupid or a moron by his comments, but I can say his is ignorant of the truth. I take back the moron comment

10+ Year Old Account

Perhaps he was referring to the flexibility offered by Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing.
    In fact, he makes reference to it.

You shouldn't be so quick to judge.

Not only is it very good for early Protection Paladins, who need defense rating gems, or those who are going for something other than Stamina (though I can't imagine why they'd want to do that), it is also extremely useful for your off-spec.

10+ Year Old Account

My tankadin is mining/enchanting. I'm never in a group with no DE now

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9
    2 extra gem slots, and cheap eternal belt buckles, but imo JC is overrated, sure you get extra strong epic gems, but since they would replace the normal epic gems you would put in said sockets, the benefit is "jc epic - reg epic = real benefit"
    they look pretty and have high stats but they dont give much of a benefit over say, 100 stam on bracers with LW

i choose mining \ BS myself, heh figured its stam and my pala has crusader, so faster mining, so why not. even if it is less than other said proffs. you also get cheap leg enchants with LW dont you? not a huge benefit but it saves G

but yeah BS \ LW \ JC \ Chanting, there isnt a big difference between em,
    two of those, or one of em if you dont already have a miner, then mining and one of those... id rate it, LW > JC > BS = Chanting.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.