Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lich King Theroy

Well well, first post; lets see how it goes... to sum my theroy up I have a few points:
    1. The crown of Domminon (Lich King crown) is the source of control over the scourge
    2. Ner'zhul, Arthas/Ner'zhul, and Bolivar are all their own intites
    3. in the cinamatic : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW02BWFRnkw their is a flash of dark and you can hear Nerzhul make strange noise. the crown of domminon hits the floor and Arthas places it on his head. For me I dont think Arthas would place that crown on his head without influnce from Nerzhul. I think that directly after that noise Arthas and Nerzhul no longer existed and the Lich King had to place the crown on himself again to gain control of the scourge
    4. Finally I think that Bolivar as of now is all alone up there and that Nerzhul died with arthas
    Just my thoughts, first post so be gentle
    Insquequo terminus

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Lich King Theroy

tbh your post did not make alot of sense, but yeah alot of people seem to agree with you that its all about the damn helm

i dont think Nerzhul is dead tho, since Bolvars voice sounds very... orcish? at the end of the cinematic

Thank you, English is not quite my forte :P (silly highschool student), we saw arthas die, thats a fact. but not Nerzhul; perhaps theres a role for him to play yet, just wishful thinking
    Insquequo terminus

unless something else has been retconned that I dont know about,

then Ner'Zul is inside the Armor and Frostmorne.

Frostmorne got destroyed, but the armor didnt.

Part of the NerZul's power is still left. may be a faction of his original power, but still enough. and it all in the helmet.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    unless something else has been retconned that I dont know about,

then Ner'Zul is inside the Armor and Frostmorne.

Frostmorne got destroyed, but the armor didnt.

Part of the NerZul's power is still left. may be a faction of his original power, but still enough. and it all in the helmet.
    or maybe after frostmourne was destroyed he went out, found somebody to posses ( maybe bolvar?).

15+ Year Old Account

I imagine the helm holds the power, but Arthas could create scourge long before he became lich king. Im 95% sure Yoggs in this equation somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzo
    or maybe after frostmourne was destroyed he went out, found somebody to posses ( maybe bolvar?).
    The Frostmorne wasnt the only part of Nerzul.

in WC3, for example, Arthas didnt become the Lich King untill he put on the whole armor.

the story reviled that the Sword was once part of the armor set. But nerzul made a plan to get the sword into the hands of Arthas.

But in that process, he accidentally damaged himself, weakling his power.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

well what exactly was the importance of frostmorune besides stealing souls and bringing arthas to the frozen throne in the first place. also where the heck is Those sick looking lichking plates?http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/arti...8113155478.jpg
    Insquequo terminus

Quote Originally Posted by Kinaed
    well what exactly was the importance of frostmorune besides stealing souls and bringing arthas to the frozen throne in the first place. also where the heck is Those sick looking lichking plates?http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/arti...8113155478.jpg
    Most was on Arthas.

But he was defeated. the Helm was placed on Bolvar.

Conspiracy:
    the Uther and King Terenas were illusions created by Nur'Zul in order to trick somebody into wearing the Helmet.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Kil'jaeden created the helm of dominion and frostmourne and stuck them in the frozen throne with the Lich King.

Arthas put the helm on and became the Lich King.

Ner'zhul was killed off in a book.

Arthas is dead

Bolvar puts it on

Now hes the lich king

I think theres more here than just belief, like fact. The helm control the scourge.

KJ is gona skrew us all in the next expac methinks, or just drop epics :P
    Insquequo terminus

Quote Originally Posted by General Vezax
    Kil'jaeden created the helm of dominion and frostmourne and stuck them in the frozen throne with the Lich King.

Arthas put the helm on and became the Lich King.

Ner'zhul was killed off in a book.

Arthas is dead

Bolvar puts it on

Now hes the lich king

I think theres more here than just belief, like fact. The helm control the scourge.
    So how did he die?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Now thats my problem, some book says Nerzhul died in some sybolic mobo jombo, I would like to belive the text could be interpreted in more than one way
    Insquequo terminus

Quote Originally Posted by Kinaed
    Now thats my problem, some book says Nerzhul died in some sybolic mobo jombo, I would like to belive the text could be interpreted in more than one way
    So he died fusing with Arthas?

That makes no sense.

Since Arthas is officially the same concept as a WC2 Death Knight, being a Human knight being controlled by a Orc Warlock bound inside a artifact on the human's body.

But those Death Knights didnt kill the Orc inside of them.
    The Orc just gained the knowledge of the Human, melee skills and all. That doesnt mean they die. Even in Northrend, with that quest with the Draenie Shaman, the Lich King addressees himself as a former Shaman. Which Arthas was never.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

So he died fusing with Arthas?

That makes no sense.

Since Arthas is officially the same concept as a WC2 Death Knight, being a Human knight being controlled by a Orc Warlock bound inside a artifact on the human's body.

But those Death Knights didnt kill the Orc inside of them.
    The Orc just gained the knowledge of the Human, melee skills and all. That doesnt mean they die. Even in Northrend, with that quest with the Draenie Shaman, the Lich King addressees himself as a former Shaman. Which Arthas was never.

In the Arthas: Rise of the Lich King book i think it was. Arthas and Ner'zhul had some sort of convo in "their" head which ended up with Arthas removing Ner'zhul's consciousness from the Lich King. He still retains Ner'zhuls attributes and memories though.

And no, Arthas is nothing like a WC2 Deathknight. I dont know where you got the idea that that was official. His soul was stolen by Frostmoure and he became the first 2nd-gen Deathknight.

Quote Originally Posted by General Vezax

In the Arthas: Rise of the Lich King book i think it was. Arthas and Ner'zhul had some sort of convo in "their" head which ended up with Arthas removing Ner'zhul's consciousness from the Lich King. He still retains Ner'zhuls attributes and memories though.

And no, Arthas is nothing like a WC2 Deathknight. I dont know where you got the idea that that was official. His soul was stolen by Frostmoure and he became the first 2nd-gen Deathknight.
    he was being Prosesed by the Currpted object, like all the past Death Knights.

Even the original WC3 manually lore was retconned for the DK class.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Conspiracy:
    the Uther and King Terenas were illusions created by Nur'Zul in order to trick somebody into wearing the Helmet.
    perfect sense

Quote Originally Posted by CATER
    perfect sense
    hey his spirit was also in WPL wasnt it?
    He didnt seem weaken them]n did he?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

THEEEEERRRRRRROOOOOOOOYYY JEEENKIINNNSSSSS

on topic: I think that Ner'Zhul consciously is not in the helm. I do believe, however that his power is inside the helm thus allowing the Lich King (whatever he is) to control the Scourge. This comes from that one book that I hear people always talking about, Fall of the Lich King I believe. It states how Arthas and Ner'Zhul are no longer in the Lich King...or something along those lines. Please correct me if I'm wrong :-*

Just throwing it out there. Ner'zhul wasn't JUST bound to the helm. He was bond to the frozen throne and ALL the armor within it. He was NEVER dead. Even the Arthas Lich King showed influence of Ner'zjul (claiming to have once been a shaman in a low level alliance quest).