Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why is Fury better?

So for the past year, actually longer, I have assumed Fury is better than arms dps wise in pve in higher tier gear. However, I have been in an argument with a friend over which is better. He recently rolled warrior, like me, and now is up to gear with almost full 264s. I told him to go fury, as he can now reach arp hardcap and still gem strength, but he refuses claiming he is better off as arms.. Is it me or is that wrong? We were in vent and I mentioned he should go fury and he would see better results and yet some other warrior claimed he was right about arms being better. I do not believe this as even the greatest/more experienced warriors, Landsoul for example, are fury. Can I get some insight on to why he might think this and what facts I can present to them to prove fury>arms. Thanks in advance

Also, if needed, he is using SE/10m Saurfang axe. He is arp hardcapped/exp capped/hit capped.

Re: Why is Fury better?

Fury is definitely better with his gear. If he can't see that he's an idiot.

I have tried both and have found that Fury not only has a much higher AOE DPS but also single target on bosses. Arms flaw that I see is that relies on mainly Procs, if you dont get your Sudden Death procs or Overpowers, your DPS will be less

Bucknaste Time!

10+ Year Old Account

Only reason for him to stay arms for 25 man is if there is no other arms or combat rogues to give the 4% physical damage debuff

I believe it has a lot to do with swing speed, but I could be wrong.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Fury is better because you can slam your face into your keyboard and get respectable results.

fury is better at keeping your rage bar low where arms doesn't have much to do at full rage other then slam and wait for procs.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

At lower gear levels Arms does better in pure dps because it uses execute for so much damage which is less limited by weapon damage range.

At higher gear levels Fury pulls well ahead with the reliance on my heroic strikes and WW.

That said, there are quite a few reasons he should stay arms.

1. He provides the physical damage debuff and extra bleed damage debuff.

2. He is much better at the arms playstyle over the fury playstyle.

#2 is the biggie there.

Anyway, if his dps is good, he's not slacking, no one has to make up the extra dps and he's providing the debuff, well let him play arms. Especially if that's the spec-style that he likes to play the most.

but but but >_< 2 2-Handers is kickass

Fury scales a lot better with increasing gear cause you get 20% strenght bonus which gets better while gear is getting better.
    the only thing arms can do which fury can´t at a higher gear level is 4% phsical dmge and 30% bleeding dmge debuffs.

in my eyes its more about personal flavour. myself i dont like fury at all, i raided from ulduar to icc25 as arms(still am) without going fury. i didnt have any problems keeping up on the dps (early icc25, before last wing and the icc buff was released) i pushed 10k+ on singletarget bosses as arms. then again i think it start out like, fury is ALOT easier to play than arms (if you talk about playing it perfectly) so people go ez-mode as always and the rest of the warriors follow thinkings its the best. i personally would do alot worse as fury than arms cuz i cant stand it. arms on the other hand is alot of fun to play in proper gear, and is far from a bad spec.

and i dont know how many times ive heard from other warriors "why dont you go fury? its better?" and the amount of times ive said what i wrote above to these warriors..jeez..
    but last i checked it would just been a few hundred dps difference in my gear btw arms and fury.

so i wouldnt bash either spec down as they are different from eachothers, and a good warrior should be able to go in and do whats needed in whatever spec he wants to play tbh.

2 > 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Fury is definitely easier to play and results in higher DPS but if you are good at arms you can still put out some high DPS numbers.
    I would suggest to play whatever you like more.
    It sounds like this is not the case and he is just arguing with nothing to back him up.

Check worldoflogs.com, plenty of answers there.
    Here is a total of how many warriors are in the top 10 for each mode.

10 man reg: 12 fury warriors 0 arms warriors
    25 man reg: 32 fury warriors 1 arms warrior

10 man H: 18 fury warriors 0 arms warriors
    25 man H: 57 fury warriors 0 arms warriors

So out of 440 spots there are 119 fury warriors and 1 arms warrior

The majority of "skilled" arms warriors who believe they can match fury dps have not raided with even a half decent fury warrior.

That's your answer, cut and dried.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrizzle
    The majority of "skilled" arms warriors who believe they can match fury dps have not raided with even a half decent fury warrior.

That's your answer, cut and dried.
    Yes it is. Looking at the logs, arms has fallen behind at high gear levels. It's a pity since arms has a much more demanding and unforgiving playstyle, but alas, fury will kick arms' butt.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Murreh
    a good warrior should be able to go in and do whats needed in whatever spec he wants to play
    This, 1000 times this.
    With arp hardcap (still some rubbish gear here and there) I can pull a reasonable 8-8.5k on regular DBS and other static fights (casual o'clock, btw), in ARMS. I'm wank at fury. I just don't like it.

you guys are forgetting to most important factor... smaller repairbill, since you only need 1 weapon =)

Both specs are near identical in terms of dmg. and dps output, you just see fewer arms warriors because of threads like this, saying arms is terrible compared to fury. Both specs however, do provide viable buffs for the raid. In BiS 277 gear, fury is about 1kish more than arms in terms of numbers, if recount is that important to you. Do whichever spec you have more fun playing. That being said, anyone who says fury is hands down, no questions asked, better by leaps and bounds, is just wrong, plain and simple.

Anyone who truly believes that arms and fury are equal in personal dps has one fo two things going on.

A. They're really bad at fury (which is unlikely...as fury is soo much easier than arms).
    B. They've got little to no experience at endgame raiding with both specs.

Don't get me wrong...I'm an Arms fan...I've been arms ever since I got my hands on my Bonereaver's Edge. Come cata Arms will be the first tree I try out. I've done the arms thing...and I've considered myself pretty decent at it. That said...I find myself hamstrung (lol) atm to play fury. There's really no comparision anymore in personal dps. If the raid has all the arms buffs covered...you're not doing your guild any favors by taking a spec that is hands down inferior in dps for progression.

...If you're all about farming, then who cares...have at it.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/.../Fury_Warrior/ - Fury 15,675

25 Heroic - 18,731
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/.../Arms_Warrior/ - Arms 11,752

25 Heroic - 14,446

Regular 10s Difference - (15,675-11752)/15,675 = ~25%
    25 Heroic difference - (18,731-14446)/18,731 = ~23%

At the top of the specs...there is a 25% decrease in dps dropping from Fury to Arms...4000 dps you're missing out on on a single target fight...the arms speciality. Festergut is tailor made for Arms, single target with infinite rage from damage...ie lots more HSs.It gets much worse in cleave fights. Thhere is literally in end game equipment...NO reason to be arms anymore..other than your prefer it.

Now I'm not saying these posts are the most accurate thing ever...like spot on accurate. As I'm personally been witness to many things being "off" on the rankings. But its a good approximation of the top end.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

"Big numbers and even bigger numbers you'll be so g-damn amazed with how big your numbers are when your fury youll just be like f*** MS. I wouldnt wanna not whirlwind all f***in day long you whirlwind with 2 weapons you kiddin, hit berserker rage! F*** it. You run out of rage hit berserker rage it gives you rage and pray to god somebody hits you. Big numbers, free slam you cannot deny the infallable power of fury." - Gearbreaker

/thread

Quote Referance:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1MG-5BBvg
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    There has never really been a time in the game when you could just do whatever you wanted with your class and be equally effective. Then, as now, smart players doing a lot of homework would figure out the most optimized way to play. You can choose to follow their recommendations, try to find an even more optimized way to play, or just do your own thing because that's more enjoyable for you, knowing that you may pay the price of being less optimized.