Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Thekal soloed - No exploits

Managed to kill him as fire with no exploits

Yeah I know it doesn't prove I killed him without exploiting. I'll try doing it again and get it recorded on a better computer.

EDIT : phaillink
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Quite impressive. Did not thought it would be possible before cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So whos this Thekal and why should we care that a Mage solo'd him?
    Thekal is a boss in Zul'Gurub a vanilla 20 man raid instance. He drops a special tiger mount.

Hi,

I have thought that it could be possible for a mage to solo the level 80 version of Onyxia, but I am not crazy enough to try it myself.

It would basically revolve around using ice barrier and blazing speed. You would start the fight by using invisible and running into one of the whelp caves to get a few whelps on you, enough to bash the shield and proc blazing speed consistently without lowering your hp too much. The hard bit will be outranging the flame breath, and the air phase will also be tricky you will likely need to keep kiting all the ads in a massive circle for the whole fight. I think the only way it can really work is permanent water ele doing the majority of your damage, though the ranged nova would also be very useful in final phase when fear comes into play. You will need to be really far ahead likely using iceblock when needed to break it.

If you decide to give it a go let me know!

Yeah, I saw that little buff when I did my Golemagg homework, I'm not particularly excited about trying him.

Grats on soloing him as fire if it's legit, I suppose you hit them hard and heavy with AoE? I always wanted to kill something without having an Ice Barrier spec! ^^

As for Onyxia. The whelps will hit you for like 2k. I think that explains well enough why an 8k Ice Barrier isn't anywhere near enough to do it.

Fire mage solo, no exploits
    Did this vid two days ago but I got lazy :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kub7Wwajd4

First scene-OOM, died with Thekal having 59hp left
    Second scene-Screwed up by not putting up mana shield
    Third scene-forgot to turn on recording during the pull but managed to realize that after 5?6? seconds after the pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tfkfc
    Hi,

I have thought that it could be possible for a mage to solo the level 80 version of Onyxia, but I am not crazy enough to try it myself.

It would basically revolve around using ice barrier and blazing speed. You would start the fight by using invisible and running into one of the whelp caves to get a few whelps on you, enough to bash the shield and proc blazing speed consistently without lowering your hp too much. The hard bit will be outranging the flame breath, and the air phase will also be tricky you will likely need to keep kiting all the ads in a massive circle for the whole fight. I think the only way it can really work is permanent water ele doing the majority of your damage, though the ranged nova would also be very useful in final phase when fear comes into play. You will need to be really far ahead likely using iceblock when needed to break it.

If you decide to give it a go let me know!
    I doubt you could kite all the mobs and get Ony down at the same time during phase 2.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

Quote Originally Posted by afkalmighty
    Fire mage solo, no exploits
    Did this vid two days ago but I got lazy :P
    My hat is off to you! I do think you should have SS'd the Lightning Shield however, since it gains 100% of your SP :P

Really neat to see a boss soloed without Ice Barrier without necessarily making things harder, and it's both fresh and bold to see you more or less AoE down P1. I must ask however, why take Imp. CS for this? Or did you just use a generic fire PvP spec? :)

Grats! Thats quite a feat!