Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Why no Troll Warlocks?

Warlocks are Mages who abandoned Arcane Magic (Frost, Arcane, most of fire) in order to attain greater power with Fel/Demonic Magic (Shadow, Fire).

Quote Originally Posted by Iroar
    Trolls and Dwarves are getting warlocks...it's been confirmed through the alpha and blizzard.

Why is there 6 pages of nerds arguing about this shit??
    I want source link now.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    Shadow priests are cooler then warlocks anyways.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Of course, I could just be biased because I have more fun with the priest class.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea
    I wholeheartedly agree. Of course, I could just be biased because I have more fun with the priest class.
    pfft Spriests are just a bastardized poor man's afflock :P
    I do not kill people...that is my least favorite thing to do! - Carl from Llamas with hats

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki
    Voodoo for trolls = questionable magic

Fel magic = questionable magic

Voodoo = fel magic

lrn 2 troll lore
    You used bad logic.

Idiots use bad logic.

You are an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are real." ~Abraham Lincoln

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Danne9423
    Let's see how long it take to see someone asking after Gnome/Worgen/Night elf paladins
    the worgen pala thing already exist xD
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

Let's just agree to say that the OP may or may not be pleasantly surprised.

After all, nothing is certain.

Voodoo is the magic practiced by the trolls. In lore, voodoo is a type of divine magic with dark, yet natural ties to loa spirits.

In World of Warcraft mechanics, its power appears to be a combination of shadow and nature magics as well as alchemy.

TL;DR, read the first post and felt like posting this after reading four pages of banter on what "Voodoo" is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darshana
    They already got loads of choice of classes and they get Druids soon too.... but Draeneis don't get anything new, not even Rogues, why can't Draenei be Rogues, just because they're big? Well there's nothing no where saying that Rogue's have to be little cause stealthing is about walking slowly not being a Gnome.
    I agree. You don't have to be little to be stealthy. I want to play a Tauren Rogue...Sneekycow !
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Sometimes faction pride goes beyond rational lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    No no this is Warcraft, not Lovecraft, I know it's confusing with both of them having old gods, but they're different.
    Knarg: "Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlac

If you want to go with lore, the Kirn Tor (human mages) allied with the High Elves (affinity to, and interest in arcane magics) and taught them the way of the mage to ... combat the forest trolls that were pwning face. Now, while jungle trolls are different from forest trolls, why the hell would the racists humans who have been fighting trolls be cool with teaching them to be mages?

So no, warlock isn't a perfect fit for trolls, but it sure makes a lot more sense than mages.
    Umm..that's not how the lore goes.

The elves (High Elf/Blood Elf) taught humans how to use magic in exchange for the humans helping the Elves.

As to the trolls - one of the oldest races on Azeroth, they probably had magic use before the NEs did.

On Topic: Troll Warlocks would be cool, especially if their miinons spoke with the same accent:
    "Dat not be mah contract, mon"
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Sometimes faction pride goes beyond rational lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    No no this is Warcraft, not Lovecraft, I know it's confusing with both of them having old gods, but they're different.
    Knarg: "Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?"

Deleted

Oh, come on. Blizzard is just trying to compensate the fact that Trolls and Dwarves are among the least played races in game by giving them more available classes. It's not a matter of lore. It's possile they considered Warlocks too as a possibility, but then it was probably too much.
    They should rather give them better character models (female dwarf anyone?), but I guess that would just require more work, time and risk.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki
    Voodoo for trolls = questionable magic

Fel magic = questionable magic

Voodoo = fel magic

lrn 2 troll lore
    Oh, I get it!

Wushootaki = MMO-Champion User
    Boubouille = MMO-Champion User

Wushootaki = Boubouille!
    Omg, didn't know you posted under an alias

Voodoo magic is WAY more different than Warlock's.

It'd be needed another brand new class to fit in their skills with Voodoos.

Dwarf and Troll Warlocks.. very possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrius Frostglare
    I have three things to say to you.

1) Warlocks are not voodoo priests. Voodoo priests have nothing to do with fel magics, though they do delve into the shadows a lot. They have no connection to demons whatsoever, though, and the troll warlocks that exist are rogues who joined doom cults like the Twilight's Hammer, not the playable Darkspears. It's just not part of their culture. In fact, Darkspears hate demons.
    2) Gameplay-wise, it would make trolls capable of playing all but one class, making them more versatile than all others. This game looks toward equality, and this would not do.
    3) This discussion has been overdone.

There. Finished.
    Seriously, Mmo champion? This post completely finished the topic, but you stretched it on for 8 pages?
    SERIOUSLY?

So will there be troll warlocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquoid
    So will there be troll warlocks?
    Yes, I have answered your questions with juicy info.

Trolls will be flippin' on da fel magic Mon!

There's nothing like a great Ale and a Succubus to satisfy an old Dwarf...
    Evil is apart of all things, an essential energy of vile corruption. Evil manifests where Good thrives. You cannot have order without chaos. Nor, chaos without order.

I am a Warlock and trollin' do not know if it already has been said!