Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Draenei Warlocks

Draenei shamans came about when the shaman trainer found that the light no longer answered his prayers, he went out for a walk, sat down near a lake and some trees, while smoking a spliff he noticed that the elements were talking to him (duuuuude) and then became a shaman.

I suppose there's no real reason any race can't become any class... All races have magical as well as physical stength to some degree. If a draenei orphan was raised by a group of warlocks, he could very probably become a warlock.

Splinter cell groups of races often distance themselves from the main group. Night elf mages aren't (lore wise) affiliated with the darnassus crowd. They are kel dorei ( i think) deciding to join up with them. Dwarf shamans come from the wildhammer faction of dorfs. They decided that on their own they couldn't handle deathwings beef and teamed up with the ironforge aka bronzebeard dorfs we know in game.

TLDR: Rebel race members could and can set up their own group and become w/e the fuc they want.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Deleted

Re: Race-Class combos

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    I do, but now will the lore fanboys come who prob browsed for 2 days straight to find 1 reason why it shouldn't be there. Also that they worship the light is not a valid reason.
    I don't need to browse for even a minute to come up with the counter-argument that their worship of the Light is a completely valid reason.
    The reason why it's valid, is because their Light-worship came in their darkest hours, when they needed someone to help them away of the two thirds of the Eredar race who had started to use demonic magic were out to get them for not doing the same.
    They started worshipping the Naaru as a way to survive the Warlocks.

So, no. As opposed to Humans, who weren't quite as ravaged by Warlock magic in the past as them, Draenei hold their faith as a direct opposition to dark magic. The direct Naaru worship of the Draenei is the purest of them all, and there's no place for compromise or "fighting fire with fire while retaining our purity" logic like the one Human, Gnome, Orc, Forsaken or Blood Elf Warlocks perform. It'd be a complete perversion and contradiction to anything an eredar who calls himself Draenei has ever believed.

In fact, they're so much anti-warlock, if it wasn't for game mechanics I doubt they'd even accept warlocks to work beside them. Not 100% about this as they might be neutral to the beliefs of other races, but it seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsurugi
    Draenei.

I started playing near the end of BC, so I didn't do much with the Deathsworn. However...

One, they're all Broken, so they aren't the Draenei players have access to. Two, note the 'most evil' part. The Ashtongue Deathsworn have no affiliations with the Draenei of the Exodar, so my comment stands.
    Nobundo was a broken and learned shamanism...we now have NORMAL draenei shaman. Regardless of them not having an affiliation, they are former draenei who are rogues...so there is a feasability that Draenei can be rogues.

A broken draenei is still a draenei. Just like a mag'har or fel orc is still an orc.

The Draenei would probably leave the intelligence gathering to SI:7, since they're part of the Alliance.
    With Varian intervening in the affairs of Ironforge with SI:7 during Cata (speculation), its possible that the Draenei want their own version just to play it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki
    Dreanai<sp?> Rogues already exist.

Ashtongue in Black Temple have rogues there...Its not hard to put a piece of leather on the bottom of your hooves to silence them.
    There are a couple of differences between broken and draenei.
    The hoofs of broken splinter and they get feet like any other rogue race
    their HUGE armoured tails fall off/disappear on broken
    while broken and blood elf eyes glow they don't go PEW PEW PEW like draenei eyes
    picture them with their long legs, stubby arms and phat hoofs trying to jump, tumble around. Does it feel good to jump from a height and land on clog shoes? Draeneis are just fail, demons got same features but they can support them with their demon pwnage.

Quote Originally Posted by RAUBEZ
    while broken and blood elf eyes glow they don't go PEW PEW PEW like draenei eyes
    picture them with their long legs, stubby arms and phat hoofs trying to jump, tumble around. Does it feel good to jump from a height and land on clog shoes? Draeneis are just fail, demons got same features but they can support them with their demon pwnage.

orcs and trolls aren't the most nimble of races and they manage to have rogues. Stealthing in WoW is magic anyway, so they could silence their hooves with magic. If it doesn't make sense; magic did it.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

10+ Year Old Account

Nobundo was a broken and learned shamanism...we now have NORMAL draenei shaman. Regardless of them not having an affiliation, they are former draenei who are rogues...so there is a feasability that Draenei can be rogues.

A broken draenei is still a draenei. Just like a mag'har or fel orc is still an orc.
    Nobundo just taught the rest of the Draenei on the Exodar how to listen to the elements. Play a Draenei shaman to level 20, you'll get the idea.

Well, a Broken can be a Draenei (it's a title they gave themselves, they're still part of the eredar race). Also, you skipped over the whole 'The Ashtongue are evil' part of my argument.

With Varian intervening in the affairs of Ironforge with SI:7 during Cata (speculation), its possible that the Draenei want their own version just to play it safe.
    I'm not gonna pile on with the Cataclysm speculation. I'd like to actually be surprised by the content.

Quote Originally Posted by RAUBEZ
    You know the devs put a joke in-game about Draenei being rogues, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Draenei Male Joke
    "You know, our tails add to our natural balance and agility, ha!" *Loud noise of metal crashing to the floor*
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Bad Draenei = Eredar
    Warlock = Bad
    2+2=?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Basically, my last guild leader was a wheel-chair bound Mexican who wanted to be Black, posted pictures of his dad claiming it was him, had the hots for his sister, created a fantasy in which his sister was his wife and that they had twin daughters together, and thought he was an FBI agent.

After twenty-five thousand years of adhering to a strict, no demon energy use, no demons period, no warlock policy, it wouldn't make a great deal of sense for the Velen's followers to fold into that trap now of all times. :-\

Blizzard: Velen, we've decided to allow your people to start training as Warlocks, and you're going to be friendly and supportive to them.
    Velen: ....In the name of the light, why?
    Blizzard: Because the demons know where you are now and you're living on the world that has been #1 on their hit list for ten thousand years now, the only one they actually failed to destroy. It's pointless to keep hiding as long as you stay here, wouldn't you say?
    Velen: It's not just about that! I want to keep my people clean and free of corruption!
    Blizzard: Yes, we know. But enough WoW players wanted draenei warlocks so we decided to cave into their demands and give it to them.
    Velen: **mutters something about draenei can't be druids while tauren get to be paladins**

Read these 2 pages and you will understand why...
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Velen
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Kil%27jaeden
    Here comes the pain bitch

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Leraux
    orcs and trolls aren't the most nimble of races and they manage to have rogues.
    rofl yes they are, stop pulling things out of backsides

Nobundo just taught the rest of the Draenei on the Exodar how to listen to the elements. Play a Draenei shaman to level 20, you'll get the idea.

Well, a Broken can be a Draenei (it's a title they gave themselves, they're still part of the eredar race). Also, you skipped over the whole 'The Ashtongue are evil' part of my argument.

I'm not gonna pile on with the Cataclysm speculation. I'd like to actually be surprised by the content.

You know the devs put a joke in-game about Draenei being rogues, right?
    So were the original blood knights, but Blood Elves got to keep paladins. It doesn't matter if the ashtongue are evil. The point is THEY EXIST IN THE WORLD. I am not saying the Ashtongue personally come to Exodar and teach others how to be a rogue. And I've played draenei shaman to 20. I understand that Nobundo showed them the way...the point is, he was still a Broken who becomes something that the other Draenei are not until they learn of his existence as one.

Also, who's to say that one of Akama's faithful doesn't decide to seek out Exodar and teach the ways of rogue? Akama and his deathsworn are not evil...and lore is forever changing and progressing.

What won't change, is the fact that when a draenai becomes a warlock, they turn their back on everything Velen has done up til now for his people. Blizzard won't allow this to happen, because what makes the draenei so interesting is their decision to remain apart from the Eredar that caved in and joined the legion.

As for the draenei rogue joke, no idea what/where it is...Details?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotblade
    2. Drenei have the perfect backround in lore for the warlock class with the whole Eredar race, which could have fit in with the drenei just like the broken shamans.
    does anybody here see my point?
    Draeni =/= Eredar
    Your point is useless.

Draeni HATE eredar, and hate deamons.
    Like human hate Ud.

Draenei = Naruu followers , only follow the light

Alot of good reasons why not to have them, BUT

what about Demon Hunters? I would use the same reasoning behind Draenei warlocks. In order to better understand your enemy, put yourself deep into their territory. Draenei warlocks come from Draenei who study indepth the art of mastering their enemy.

Valid point I hope?

All those people that say about Draenei hating the shadow forces, what about Draenei DK's?

10+ Year Old Account

So were the original blood knights, but Blood Elves got to keep paladins. It doesn't matter if the ashtongue are evil. The point is THEY EXIST IN THE WORLD. I am not saying the Ashtongue personally come to Exodar and teach others how to be a rogue. And I've played draenei shaman to 20. I understand that Nobundo showed them the way...the point is, he was still a Broken who becomes something that the other Draenei are not until they learn of his existence as one.
    The Blood Elves got to keep paladins because of the contingent of blood knights that came to Shattrath and pledged themselves to A'dal and the Light.

I'm pretty sure any race could become a shaman, if they'd sit down and actually pay attention like Nobundo did. The man crawled from Shattrath to Zangarmarsh praying to the Light. Since he couldn't 'hear' it anymore, he could pick up on other things, like the Wind (think of it like living near a highway for a year, then moving to a quiet neighborhood; you notice a lot more sounds since the loudest one you're used to is absent). All he did was take what he had learned (how to speak and listen to the elements) and teach the other Draenei how to open themselves to that connection. Any Draenei could have done it, they just hadn't because they had the Light.

Also, who's to say that one of Akama's faithful doesn't decide to seek out Exodar and teach the ways of rogue? Akama and his deathsworn are not evil...and lore is forever changing and progressing.
    Yes, yes they are evil.

As for the draenei rogue joke, no idea what/where it is...Details?
    It's one of the /silly comments a male Draenei makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Blanchy
    All those people that say about Draenei hating the shadow forces, what about Draenei DK's?
    Not quite the same. And its not just "draenei hate shadowy forces", its "draenei hate demons and warlocks". A bit more specific. Also the draenei dk's are in the same boat as the broken: They couldn't really help what happened to them and are now just makeing the best of a bad situation.

And yes Akama and his deathsworn are evil. On our side, but they are murderous bastards with no allegiance to the alliance or the horde.
    Individuals are not simple. They cannot be defined for easy reference in the manner of:The elves are a lithe, pointy-eared people who excel at poverty.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gambetti
    Valid point I hope?
    A good angle, but no. Think about spending 25,000 years running from demons, learning how to harness the Light to fight demons, then watching your second homeworld get wrecked by demons. At that point, there's no "Fight fire with fire" argument available. The forces that a warlock commands are so abhorrent to the Draenei that they would probably kill themselves if they were somehow forced to use fel powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Blanchy
    You say that like Death Knights had a choice (lore-wise) about what they are.

You say that like Death Knights had a choice (lore-wise) about what they are.
    Well, then you can have an extra story thrown in that corrupts draenei with demonic energies.

Because apparently if it was forced upon then it is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Leraux
    If it doesn't make sense; magic did it.
    Kinda like religion?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger
    Well, then you can have an extra story thrown in that corrupts draenei with demonic energies.

Because apparently if it was forced upon then it is ok.
    Thats not how warlocks work. Thats broken who are the draenei corrupted by demonic energies. Warlocks actively attempt to achieve what they do. It's not "herpdaderp I is a warlock now".
    Level a warlock to the point where you get the succubus and you'll see.
    Individuals are not simple. They cannot be defined for easy reference in the manner of:The elves are a lithe, pointy-eared people who excel at poverty.