Fury Rotation and clipping

Been fury for about 4 months now and picked up gear very quickly and doing OK,

I read a lot about rotation clipping, what is this, does this mean I should wait until my BT or whirlwind has fully ticked around before I slam?

How does the clipping effect the actual DPS? I ask as sometimes I barely break 9k sometimes on sarfang but others I do 11-12k but its never more.. Only thing i can see with the rotation is that I'm clipping it, people say i should be doing more given the gear I have

Armory is here

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...divh&cn=Obixcx

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Fury Rotation and clipping

I'm using arbitrary numbers here, so don't fuss about them too much. I hope this explains:

Fight lasts 5 minutes or 300 seconds. During this time, you should Bloodthirst 75 times (300s/4s cooldown)

Now instead of using Bloodthirst on cooldown, you use Slam instead and delay Bloodthirst by .5 seconds. You do this for 10 of your Bloodthirsts. So effectively you have made 10 of your bloodthirsts have a 4.5 second cooldown. This means:
    300 - (10 * 4.5)/4 = 63 4s Bloodthirsts + 10 4.5s Bloodthirsts = 73 Bloodthirsts.

Assuming your average Bloodthirst hits for 10k, you just lost 20k worth of damage or 67 dps, simply by choosing Slam over BT at the wrong moment, 10 times.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Analyze your raid buffs, the number of slam procs and heroic strikes. I would bet that sometimes you're missing a buff and other times you do a lot fewer heroic strikes.

R.I.P. YARG

ok thanks for that info! I use a slam timer that tells me when to slam.. got another question, sometimes when at full rage my BT takes an age to tick around so I can use it again, and of course that means reduced DPS.

I spam HS when I have the rage, I see less geared players doing 2-3k more dps boggles my mind