Elemental trinket choice - gcd cap/delay

So i recently reached haste soft cap w/o using Dislodged Foreign Object.
    Considering i raid on ~250ms delay and 30-50fps if you had to chose between

Dislodged Foreign Object and Phylactery of the Nameless Lich

what would you chose? Going further below GCD cap means that LvB/CL will be less than 1sec cast, WoW client's
    way of queuing spells require at least a full GCD before queuing the next one, so having in mind the delay
    would you prefer crit vs haste? I know that in theorycraft haste is much more worth it than crit even
    past the soft cap, but practically?

Re: Elemental trinket choice - gcd cap/delay

well see, its near impossible to hit haste cap without a trinket that gives haste or gemming for haste, so most likely you prolly have some haste gems somewhere, either 20 haste or SP/Haste gems, so the best answer is drop any haste gem you have to straight SP, and pick up DFO.

If i could get an armory link or something, i could give you a more accurate suggestion.

Think i am getting close also
    my armory if it helps
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...her&cn=Zerogz]
    when you add totem and relic it gets high

so anyone know the hard and soft cap and if pushing for hard worth it?

i *think* that haste is still better because LB is still affected by Haste.

found it

The so-called 50% “soft cap” has no immediate effect on our stat priority and is not something to be avoided.
    The 100% “hard cap” is undesirable but it’s also unreachable under normal conditions! Making sure to use Elemental Mastery and Heroism/Bloodlust separately will mean that most shamans only scrape against the hard cap for 40 seconds of any given fight, and thus maximise the value of both temporary haste effects.

50% with full raid buffs: 1269 haste rating

50% with only Wrath of Air: 1406 haste rating

Remember that these are just for information – there isn’t any real consequence for going over the soft cap, as we’ll see below. Additionally the hard cap is really out of reach for normal players, even with full raid buffs:

100% with full raid buffs: 2785 haste rating

But you might scrape against it with Heroism if you’ve got high haste gear:

100% with Heroism/Bloodlust and full buffs: 1386 haste rating

If you twin Heroism with Elemental Mastery you’ll hit 100% haste even at very low gear levels:

100% with Heroism, Elemental Mastery and full buffs: 778 haste rating

Quote Originally Posted by Zunnol
    well see, its near impossible to hit haste cap without a trinket that gives haste or gemming for haste, so most likely you prolly have some haste gems somewhere, either 20 haste or SP/Haste gems, so the best answer is drop any haste gem you have to straight SP, and pick up DFO.

If i could get an armory link or something, i could give you a more accurate suggestion.
    Don't got a single pure haste gem, I gem pure sp - sp/haste(if the bonus is worth it)

Quote Originally Posted by zerogs
    50% with full raid buffs: 1269 haste rating
    It was this cap i was talking about, sitting at 1062 haste, add the 220 from the relic and you've
    reached it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin
    i *think* that haste is still better because LB is still affected by Haste.
    I know that theoretically haste is worth it, just cause of LB, my question is
    say we have like 250ms delay and knowing that game mechanics allows you to queue
    next spell to be cast, but requires at least a GCD before doing so(aka while casting LvB 0.8 sec
    you cant queue next LB till 0.2 sec after LvB is finished add to that network and some human delay
    and its like quite some waste) is it really worth it? Or do people with that kind of latency lose more
    than they gain?

An article i found on this Lag,WoW and You

I was always under the impression until LB hits 1 second (outside of heroism or EM) haste is till just as much worth using.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

As a raiding shaman who was in nearly your same position until about 6 weeks ago, I can vouch for the added bonus of more haste. I have since upgraded my modem and computer, so my latency only occasionally skates 100ms now, but before i was 250+ almost all of the time, with lower fps. I was also at 1169 haste before my Bizuri's or Wrath of Air, but with DFO. I agree with the above posters that haste is nearly as good as sp until your LBs are at 1 sec without a CD (read: pretty much always). If you have quartz or a castbar addon with latency indicator it helps greatly also. Lastly, the DFO proc is second to virtually nothing and i will personally be passing on the Phylacteries in favor of that Ruby Sanctum trinket once it's released. I love my haste and can never get too much of it.

Also, definitely use EM separately from lust/hero and any other haste CDs you have once you hit these haste levels. Here is my armory link if you'd like:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lade&cn=Zaksaa