Thread: Feral Tank Gems

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral Tank Gems

Alright hit 80 yesterday and currently gearing her up. My question is what do I do for gems...the sticky says that for yellow to actually toss in like say the Def Rating-Stam or an actual green/yellow gem.

I keep getting told to just toss in stam for those.

Any tips you could toss me for gear and enchants would be much appreciated.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lord&cn=Shirya

That's her ^^

Plan on getting the 245 Helm next is that a good choice?

Re: Feral Tank Gems

just stam pretty much straight stam or agi and stam but i dont see a reason for it

As a druid, you are already automatically defense capped due to talent points, so just gem straight stam.. best things for tank as of this expansion.

if its a *really* nice socket bonus, the defense does add a bit of avoidance in the form of dodge and miss, so its not a total waste....but I don't really see many druids going this route. most go max stam or stam/agi gems..
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted

Red socket with 6/8 agi bonus: Gem 10 Agi / 15 Stam
    Yellow socket with 6/8 agi bonus: Hit / Stam or Crit / Stam (Depends on your hit rating)

Otherwise gem full Stam

Deleted

STAMINA!!!

go full stamina and one 10 agi/15 sta for the meta.

Thanks for the help and especially the "good" socket bonuses to look for.

EDIT: What is the magic number for hit as feral (tank)

8% hit is the cap for us
    but gem choice depends what you plan on tanking with it i would say...

if your gonna jump into icc and tank there full stam is best if its jsut hc's and a toc once in a blue moon then stamina isent really nessasry

/facepalm

Loads of mis-information again.

Never gem for +Crit as someone mentioned up there^^, it does not multiply with anything and we really dont need any more crit when you should already be about 50% in bearform.

Dont gem full stamina until you start stepping into ICC HM, its a really stupid idea and you will just become a large healthpool to soak up all of your healers Mana. As a rough guide, if you do not have more than 45-50% dodge when your raid buffed (25-30% in ICC) then you really have no place to be gemming stamina in every socket.

As a general rule for a yellow socket you need to consider a few things, is the bonus 8 Agility or 9 Stamina? If yes then you want to socket to gain it. The only 2 worth taking are 10 Hit / 15 Stamina which you should consider if you are below the hit cap (263 i believe). If you are above the hit cap then a 10 Defence / 15 Stamina gem is the one to chose.

Blue sockets? 30 Stamina
    Red Sockets? 10 Agility / 15 Stamina

I personally like to have a healthy mix of avoidance, threat and health. But when i stepped into ICC last night with the 20% buff, i had 77.8k HP with a static 30% dodge (rougly 33% when my idol ramped up). 35k Armor (37k ish with a different trinket) Do you really think i need any more health? I dont. I personally gave up gemming straight stamina when i was at 71k HP when my warrior OT was stuck at 58.

Take a look at my gear if you want a rough idea, you see how i've gemmed for the socket bonuses in my shoulders and gloves? Red sockets with a bonus of 4 Agility, so with those two changes i bagged myself a total 28 Agility & 30 stamina instead of a straight 60 Stamina, totally worth it in my opinion, especially now.

Deleted

To above poster:

try run rawr and tell me that sta ain't the best

oh and my favorite color is blue <3

Just add agi for dodge and some stam if needed. Take a look at hybrid gems maybe if the socket bonus is handy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    To above poster:

try run rawr and tell me that sta ain't the best

oh and my favorite color is blue <3
    Have never and will never use Rawr. That may be pure ignorance towards it but in my opinion and in my own experience, General knowledge about your class will always outweigh what Rawr has to tell you. Especially because there are a lot of differentials you have to plug into it, just to make it work - which change from fight to fight to instance to instance.

"Why do you gem stam in every socket"
    "Because Rawr told me to"

No thanks, i'd rather have an answer for someone if they ever ask me

Rawr told me 10 agi 15 stam until I got into ICC, but that's just me.

Blue: 30 stam
    Red: 10 agi 15 stam
    Yellow: 10 hit/defense /15 stamina

Only take yellow sockets if the bonuses are 8 agility and 9 stamina.
    If you already have to take a red gem in that piece, I'd gem 30 stam anyway.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond
    Have never and will never use Rawr. That may be pure ignorance towards it but in my opinion and in my own experience, General knowledge about your class will always outweigh what Rawr has to tell you. Especially because there are a lot of differentials you have to plug into it, just to make it work - which change from fight to fight to instance to instance.

"Why do you gem stam in every socket"
    "Because Rawr told me to"

No thanks, i'd rather have an answer for someone if they ever ask me
    This here is almost exactly the way i feel. Coming across a druid fully stacked with stam gems always makes me cringe because more often than not they wont even see the hard-mode content and they do it because Druid X from paragon/ensidia/server top guild (the people who actually need the stam) do it.

fyi this is for all WoTLK not just ICC patch.

Well, either gem pure agi, pure stam or hybrid 10 agi + 15 stam.
    Ta da.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Basically, my last guild leader was a wheel-chair bound Mexican who wanted to be Black, posted pictures of his dad claiming it was him, had the hots for his sister, created a fantasy in which his sister was his wife and that they had twin daughters together, and thought he was an FBI agent.

Yeah, would just like to add my own /agree to gemming a healthy amount of agi and not just stam all the way. You can balance RAWR to weigh your preferred stat anyway you like depending on what your current gear is/ trinkets/ current ICC buff lvl, etc. As a VERY general rule, I'd say try to even out your stam and agi until ICC, then depending on how serious you are, you can min/max on a per boss basis, but even here, to start with, a good average build will happily get you through normal mode. Only my 2 cents ofc.

Deleted

i love big numbers ---> i rolled tank ---> i still love big numbers ;D

Might be a silly question and it will be ages before I actually get to do it. If you upgrade from lashweave to sanctified lashweave, do you lose the gems on the first item?

Cheers.

If the socket bonus is 8+ stamina, put a def/stam gem in it. any less just stick pure stam in their.

I would put a stam/agi gem in any red slot which will get you a set bonus which is helpful (so not strength or parry)

Deleted

Might be a silly question and it will be ages before I actually get to do it. If you upgrade from lashweave to sanctified lashweave, do you lose the gems on the first item?
    yep its 2 different items