Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Guild mates DPS way too low?

Hello DK fellows,

For a few weeks now i'm very confused about our guilds "best" DD-DK.
    His DPS is always low, no matter what encounter we are doing, he never gets over about 10-11k, not even @saurfang.
    So I rawr-ed his char and even rawr told me a dps of 11k would be alright (with full buffs & 20%ICC)
    But I still can't believe this, maybe I failed at rawr ;D
    Would be very nice if someone of you guys could manage to take a look at our WoL and tell me if this guy is doing his job right or wrong. He is getting Shadowmourne soon..
    Thanks!

Re: Guild mates DPS way too low?

HE should be doing 13k at least

Spec seems okay enough although he could do with more points in Chill of the Grave. Then again his problem isn't the spec. His gear is capable of around 12k~ dps WITHOUT ICC buff. Rawr isn't the best tool out there for frost DKs. On that saurfang kill, he should have used around 50 obliterates since he's also using glyph of disease, he used 26. I don't know how he did that but that's his problem right there. My gear is similar to his and I scored 14.4k this week on saurfang.

Perhaps he was distracted and didnt pay much attention to what he is doing. No offense intended, sometimes people really drop all all rotations and cds and are just present at the boss without putting much effort in the fight.

He's doing it wrong. Had 15,1k on the last kill with 20% buff with nearly similar Gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    The sim is correct, it isn't generally well known but war token really is a six thousand dps increase over deaths choice.

nvm checked the loggs, ask him if hes using any addons to keep track of KM proccs and diseases, real problem lies there i think

I do 10k in my gear, which is my OS.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nor&cn=Sasunoo

I logged off in my DPS-gear and my tanking spec. xD But really, I do 10k DPS as unholy sub-frost, he should be doing at least 14k imo, since there's a DK on my server who has slightly worse gear and he pulls 14-16k DPS depending on the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Sit him, and start letting someone else with Shadow's Edge farm the shards imo... His DPS sucks. I do that much DPS with half 10 normal and half 25 normal gear on my DK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

He's not using his freezing fog procs..

22.6% uptime?

Should be used almost instantly
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Desirie
    I do 10k in my gear, which is my OS.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nor&cn=Sasunoo

I logged off in my DPS-gear and my tanking spec. xD But really, I do 10k DPS as unholy sub-frost, he should be doing at least 14k imo, since there's a DK on my server who has slightly worse gear and he pulls 14-16k DPS depending on the fight.
    Oh, why so much STR/STA and why STR/HASTE and not STR/CRIT.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes
    i was gonna say some about his unholy gear-gem-enchant choices, but whats his main specc? the frost or unholy one?
    Good question, I really don't know what his mainspecc is.
    He often claims to specc [insert dk-specc] because of the raidsupport it brings, and this would be the reason for his low-dps.
    Before he went for the unholy specc, he had blood-dd / frost-dd.
    Most of the time he seems to be frost.

I found another log:
    Here you can see the difference between him and our other DKs...

10+ Year Old Account

By the looks of it, he's frost... why on earth are you giving shadowmourne to a DW DK?

But yeah, he should be doing considerably more DPS as either UH or DW Frost. I'm around 9.5k myself, at 15% buff, with considerably worse gear (4pT9 + shit trinkets).

Regarding his UH spec: He should go for a frost sub-spec instead of a blood subspec, that'll net him a little damage increase.

Sit him out, I'm doin 10.6k on saurfang 15% buff, havnt raided since before the 20% kicked in, seriously as the other said, WHY ON EARTH give a DUAL WIELD, DK, a legendary TWO handed weapon?

Just doesnt seem right, is he GM? Officer or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Oweena
    He's not using his freezing fog procs..

22.6% uptime?

Should be used almost instantly
    I dont think so...

Wow! I have never seen a more undeserving DK getting Shadowmourne.

Gear is 'slightly' worse than his and I hit 12k average, but I haven't even done Saurfang with the 20% buff yet ^^

9.8k in that gear is fking awful tbh

I can see that he cast chains of ice to slow the bloodbeast, this i very helpfull for the raid, and that will nerf his rotation quite a bit, hes still a little low imo though. but note that none of the other DK's you compare him with did use chain of ice, that could be the reason.

Deleted

Downright awful player. Sorry to say.

redirect him to some class mechanics site.
    can't understand why he have spent some of the talents they way he has. :P

well he's in the wrong spec for a start, tell him to go with a sub frost unholy spec, he has a proc weapon and should be making more of the haste.

also, and these are just my opinions that i've tried and tested for myself and work for me. with a 5.7k gs I pull 11.5k on saurfang, in that gear i would demand 13-14 of myself, but tell her to change to a chaoitc skyflare meta, and to change her cloak enchant to haste.

if she's not pulling out decent dps then she's just a bad player that's been carried through 25man hc modes, which upsets me.

15+ Year Old Account

I am not giving anything legendary to him.
    I'm not a raid leader or officer, but he is.
    That could explain it.... humm.
    And that is why I posted here. I totally not agree with him getting Shadowmourne.

Its very annoying if someone like him has got endless DKP from bringing bad (or even none at all) performance in every raid, getting the 277-Tokens (I'm druid) AND the first Shadowmourne of the guild for nothing, and others, who bring the effort of doing their job good and try to get better, can watch as the loot they deserve is "thrown away" to players like him.

I'm really pissed, I thought maybe he is "right" and something in his specc is more support and decreases his dps or something, whatsoever.

If you search our logs for our healers (Lassiona and Scadara) you will see that not only he is bringing actually, well, nothing, to the raid exept higher DKP-costs through their biddings for others.
    Well okay, thats not the topic here...