Thread: Dispelling hots

Dispelling hots

Quitted playing resto druid 6 months ago, going back and will play pvp. How is the overal situation with resto druids in pvp today, and is dispelling hots nerfed or dispelling in general?

Deleted

Re: Dispelling hots

PvP in general: we pwnz

dispels: Well, usualy they don't bother dispelling them since we just cast em
    again, but if you face a purge-spamming shaman keep spamming lifebloom. That will bloom after 8 secs (or something, can't rememer) and if dispelled.

yeah if you meet someone that constantly disspells your hots just start throwing up Life Bloom. when the effect ends for any reason the target recieves the final healing and you get some mana back. nice way to handle bursts
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

In general Resto Druids are in a really good place in PvP. Quite powerful unless there are dispellers around. If so then as it's been stated use Lifebloom. However, in bgs this is tricky and when you don't feel you're healing at all I bet you'll find a Shadow Priest and Shaman on your ass.

I love the HoT and DoT (my main is a Warlock) mechanic but since healing this way is our primary source it's quite annoying they can be so easily dispelled. I wish Purge and Dispel Magic only removed one effect at a time, then I wouldn't find them nearly so nasty.

The only time I've ever had REAL issues is in select bgs where I'm the only healer and the Horde are just surrounding me spamming dispel mechanics. I sometimes run into problems in 5v5 when our other healer dies (Paladin). When it's just me healing we're screwed because there are plenty of GCDs for dispels.

Conclusion: overall you'll be fine but when you see players that know how to beat you it sucks because we have no silence/interrupt duration reduction so actually casting *gasp* is risky.

Oh and you're biggest threat in this dispel game is an Enhancement Shaman. Usually I can survive several Horde on me at a time, fully DPSing. Put an Enhancement Shaman on me and a really undergeared enemy can kill you because they continue to melee while purging. Normally Enhancement Shamans aren't that annoying but against Resto Druids they are very well equipped...until Cataclysm! Mwahahahaha!

Deleted

I love the HoT and DoT (my main is a Warlock) mechanic but since healing this way is our primary source it's quite annoying they can be so easily dispelled. I wish Purge and Dispel Magic only removed one effect at a time, then I wouldn't find them nearly so nasty.
    we have a talent called "sublenty" that reduces the chance that our helpfull spells(all healing spells) are dispelled by 30%

The dispelling of hots has become alot easier to handle, i'm guessing if you've been away for 6 months that your refering to a time when DK's could take your hot off of you everytime they hit you.

Its not lke that anymore and if you run into a shaman doing it, then you'll likely outheal his burst anyway as he'll be using alot of GCD purging you. Its only really a problem in BG's when you have a shaman and another DPS on you, you wont last long in that situation