When you read a post....

When you read a post, do idiotic things/memes stand out to you?

So I'd just like to draw attention to how annoying these things are:

1) Cool story, Bro!
    2) /thread
    3) anything using similar sentence syntax: Obvious rant thread is obvious.
    4) quoting posts but adding nothing else. much more annoying when combined with points 1-3.
    5) FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU
    6) Using a picture instead of a valid argument
    7) kthxbai
    8) rating a thread with x/10
    9) typing in all caps, and increasing font and bolding it
    10) claiming someone is a troll because something he said a) was incorrect b) made you mad or c) wasn't popular opinion.

These things are the product of a lack of creativity and intelligent conversation. I hope you're proud, community, that you've allowed them to become so common on the forums.

I've noticed a rise of a--holes and jerks, and if we keep bein asses to each other, we'll all end up quitting WoW and playing another game. I don't know about yall, but I like WoW and I like not reading idiotic fads that people use to bolster their arguments in addition to infuriating someone else enough so they can't defend themselves.

I'd like to see the concept of sportsmanlike conduct applied to WoW (and the internet in general). Call me idealistic, but heroics go faster when ppl aren't an ass.
    "stopdps is webbed" (a little while later) "why isn't the boss dying?" = win for the whole raid.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: When you read a post....

Quote Originally Posted by Stopdps
    1) Cool story, Bro!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Irony detected.
    "stopdps is webbed" (a little while later) "why isn't the boss dying?" = win for the whole raid.

10+ Year Old Account

But what can I say? People do it their way, it's not that we can do anything about it, really. if they want to be a--holes, then let them be that.

nuff said.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

you had to expect people quoting and doing the things you said you don't like. A wise man will never announce his pet peeves. Regardless. yes it gets old, when i quote someone i always comment on it.

0/10
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to defeat you in a duel, you would have to fight off the strong urge to thank him.
    He would be allowed to use speed hacks in Battlegrounds- if he needed them.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He is- The Most Interesting Player in the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Membrane
    Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found.
    Yeah, I troll, Whatever

15+ Year Old Account

So I'd just like to draw attention to how cool these things are:

1) Cool story, Bro!
    2) /thread
    3) anything using similar sentence syntax: Obvious rant thread is obvious.
    4) quoting posts but adding nothing else. much more annoying when combined with points 1-3.
    5) FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU
    7) kthxbai
    8) rating a thread with x/10
    9) typing in all caps, and increasing font and bolding it
    10) claiming someone is a troll because something he said a) was incorrect b) made you mad or c) wasn't popular opinion.
    fixt

You have to take into consideration that a vast majority of any large internet community is composed of drooling, self-important, lemmings. Once something is made popular, it will be used to death. Then it will be used more.

It's going to happen, regardless of what anyone does to prevent it, that's the cycle of the internet. Your best bet is to just overlook the crap and focus on the real content of the thread (which may never exist, especially in a thread like this).

15+ Year Old Account

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THE OP!

yes it is annoying.

usually when i read things like those listed in the ops post i just dismiss those people as children or bitter 40 year old virgins who still live with their mother.

perhaps im just getting too old for this shit.

My biggest peeve is when people make terrible Subject lines. The purpose of the subject line is to tell the reader what the topic is about. Yet somehow people fail hardcore at this shit sometimes. Some examples of bad Subject lines:

Subject: Don't you just hate it when....

Body: People ninja?

Seriously, you couldn't put that last part in the Subject so that people who are totally uninterested would not have to click on it to see what it's about?

Subject: WTF Seriously

That is so incredibly vague. You literally have conveyed no information other than that you are pissed.

Come to think of it, this thread has good example of the first type. I'll think of more examples later.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

1 through 9 will generally just be deleted by the mods if they bring nothing else to the table (which they often do not). That said, we don't really moderate trolling threads. We just delete them, much more convenient

1) Cool story, Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    My biggest peeve is when people make terrible Subject lines. The purpose of the subject line is to tell the reader what the topic is about. Yet somehow people fail hardcore at this shit sometimes. Some examples of bad Subject lines:

Subject: Don't you just hate it when....

Body: People ninja?

Seriously, you couldn't put that last part in the Subject so that people who are totally uninterested would not have to click on it to see what it's about?

Subject: WTF Seriously

That is so incredibly vague. You literally have conveyed no information other than that you are pissed.

Come to think of it, this thread has good example of the first type. I'll think of more examples later.
    A title is meant to grab your attention and judging by your reaction, I would say all of those titles did just that.

i used a valid picture as argument and it got me banned as you can see in the quote in my signature :<

Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

Thank you all very much for your replies. Honestly, I'm surprised that I had constructive feedback, what with the original post and all.

tbh don't want shit replies stop using the internet
    fixt!
    Mark my words: When we are a year into Cataclysm, posts about "Oh, WotLK was soo great" will start appearing.

I personally like #10, never heard of people calling another person a troll because they made you mad :
    [successful troll is successful]

Deleted

No I don't, I freaking hate internet memes.