Poll: Would you...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

IF Blizzard would ban all add-ons...

A lot of people are saying that add-ons are making the game much easier these days.

As far as I know add-ons aren't allowed on arena tournaments.

And from my own point of view, wow is a game and what makes the game fun a creating the rules of that game. You don't create special things to, let's say, remind you to say "UNO!" when playing uno. Or, let's say, a system that would place a house at every street you want AT ONCE in monopoly. I know add-ons don't affect game play, but they do affect general game enjoyment and play-style quite a lot.

Now macros are awesome and in my opinion that's enough.

Re: IF Blizzard would ban all add-ons...

If they banned boss timers and things like that, I wouldn't really care. If they banned add-ons that make my UI cosmetically appealing to me and all set up in a readable, simple format (which it is not in the default UI), then I would quit. To me, and I don't speak for others, the default UI is almost unplayably hideous.

http://i49.tinypic.com/33k3znp.jpg <- my UI. I could not live without my UI, from a cosmetic standpoint. Nor could I live without the ability to cosmetically alter it how I wanted.

ban gearsocre ftw

10+ Year Old Account

Addons are a necessity for the ongoing development of game ideas and functions. They're here to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

yeah go lk 25 hc without addons, try to pass the 1st phase :

if All-addons are banned, than 90% of the casual raiders / pvp'rs would'nt be able to do it anymore. and 99% of healers would die alittle inside(due to grid/healbot/vodoo being banned)

Meh the only addons i use are Prat so i wouldnt mind

i wouldn't mind if all addons except healbot were banned

Yeah the raid UI for healing is unplayable.

Deleted

No addons = No Gearscore.

One can only begin to imagine the benifits. I can almost savour the glory.

IF BLIZZARD BAN ALL ADD-ONS healing would seriously be over 9000x harder then it is, i mean, a resto druid would have such a clumped up UI and it would be soo hard to heal, and no threat watchers, the dps dies. No fancy pitbull shit, the dps will cry. either way the tank doesnt change much, except for having to change a few things around...

Deleted

All should be reminded that blizzard do not build their classes and boss fights with addons in mind. It's all do-able we're all just so used to having all these crutches that we're forgetting how to walk without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Addons are a necessity for the ongoing development of game ideas and functions. They're here to stay.
    This

How about a go "huh, inc rage quits." and then continue like nothing happened optioned? Some of us know of this amazing thing called a middle ground. Where we may not be happy about it, but we wouldn't be unhappy about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen
    All should be reminded that blizzard do not build their classes and boss fights with addons in mind. It's all do-able we're all just so used to having all these crutches that we're forgetting how to walk without them.
    You really believe blizzard doesn't plan for crap like DBM? Seriously?
    Of course they do man. They aren't horribly out of touch with the game, despite what some whiners may think.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Solace
    healed uld hardmodes on my gfs shaman with the raid ui and had no clue what i was doing i didnt even have mouseover macrosi just pulled the groups to the center of the screen and prayed it worked quite well acctually =P

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Quote Originally Posted by Solace
    Quote Originally Posted by bio
    healed uld hardmodes on my gfs shaman with the raid ui and had no clue what i was doing i didnt even have mouseover macros i just pulled the groups to the center of the screen and prayed it worked quite well acctually =P
    yeah you got the prayed part right....

I don't know what healbot even is. And I use Blizzards UI and raidframes. No macros either.
    And I've been healing the entire expansion.

Have I missed something?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Purplegnome
    As far as I know add-ons aren't allowed on arena tournaments.
    You know wrong.

Now macros are awesome and in my opinion that's enough.
    I would never, ever play with the default UI for more than 5 minutes. I wouldn't give a damn if they took away the various boss mods, timers and stuff, but the moment I can't customize the look of my UI is the moment the game becomes a huge pain in the backside.

I do not like pain in the backside.

HOW COULD WE LIVE WITHOUT ATLAS LOOT

Only addons I use are Atlasloot, Postal and Gladius. I don't really care for the rest of them, but since I like these ones, I'd say let the addons stay.