Cata Beta right after SC2 Beta shutdown?

SC2 Beta will go down on 7/June (previously planned on 31 May), Do you think Cata beta may start right after that? I guess they are freeing resources so they can have more servers and bandwidth for Cata beta, so I see 8th of June for Cata beta kickoff 8)
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Re: Cata Beta after SC2 Beta shutdown?

starcraft servers have no impact on wows servers, same goes with their respective staff

yes they both were made by blizzard, but two completely different teams work on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    starcraft servers have no impact on wows servers, same goes with their respective staff

yes they both were made by blizzard, but two completely different teams work on them.
    Unless they didn't want to limit the volume of beta testers that are playing SC2 Beta by rolling out Cata Beta during the final phase of testing before the bn2 upgrades. You only need 1-2 weeks of Cata Beta before the excitement is gone and you can go back to the newly reopened SC2 :P

teams are different but resources dedicated for a beta test in their office like Servers and Bandwidth are maybe shared and limited
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

I'd say so.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Wouldn't be surprising. Ruby Sanctum's practically done and, judging from blue posts, Gnomer/Echo Isles are almost finished and will just be switched on when they're ready for 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned
    teams are different but resources dedicated for a beta test in their office like Servers and Bandwidth are maybe shared and limited
    nope, seriously u should think of WoW and SC2 as being owned by 2 diff companies with nothing to do or affect the other.

blizzard is a MASSIVE company and have mutiple teams working on things, the Diablo team, WoW team, SC team and now the "unknown new mmo" team.

SOME of the Head designers work with more then just 1 team but the actual designers, technical etc are all 100% devoted to their game, same goes with their comps/servers.

the only thing these games share is the battlenet association

Now thats not to say i dont agree they will prolly launch it right after but idk the reason, could be as someone said to free up some testers, not likely consider how many ppl want in the beta, who knows lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned
    SC2 Beta will go down on 7/June (previously planned on 31 May), Do you think Cata beta may start right after that? I guess they are freeing resources so they can have more servers and bandwidth for Cata beta, so I see 8th of June for Cata beta kickoff 8)
    Except the SC2 beta will be coming back up for a final stress test a few weeks later.

Essentially, they're unrelated.

When Battle.net 2.0servers where broken in sc2, Blizzard said that they could not fix it for the moment becuse they had Cataclysm Alpha, Ruby Sanctum and Ruby Sanctum tests running and that their "test maintence" team was limited because of that. So its possible that they open Cataclysm after starcraft beta.

Ill be back with a source
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: Cata Beta right after SC2 Beta shutdown?

Blizzard have the SCII beta so many WoW players will buy SCII too and right after that they have the Cataclysm Beta so annoyed people will buy that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk

One would think it wouldn't have an impact but so far there is evidence that it does. I don't think it is a coincidence that Cataclysm alpha was announced on the same exact day as Blizzard announced the release date of SC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Atica
    When Battle.net 2.0servers where broken in sc2, Blizzard said that they could not fix it for the moment becuse they had Cataclysm Alpha, Ruby Sanctum and Ruby Sanctum tests running and that their "test maintence" team was limited because of that. So its possible that they open Cataclysm after starcraft beta.

Ill be back with a source
    This shows once again as to why alpha was announced on the same day as SC2's day of release. It just goes to show that SC2 can in fact have delayed Cataclysm alpha and beta. It seems Blizzard doesn't have the manpower to have more than one intensive alpha/beta test at a given time. SC2's beta is on its last legs and doesn't need a huge focus any longer, so this is why Cataclysm is now in alpha. I think it is very likely that as soon as SC2's beta ends Cataclsym beta will begin. I can see them start with Cataclysm beta on Tuesday June 8th.