heroics in cata(pugs in blues)

so, most of us have been through the heroics at begin of wotlk, having to disband groups at loken trying to get that damn IL 200 axe :P
    With the new LFG tool, how far do u expect pugs to get? i sure hope heroics will be a challenge at least... for the beginning. right now we overgear the hell outta em and go there for our 2 frosts( or to gear alts).

Re: heroics in cata(pugs in blues)

I'm guessing there will be challenging heroics, where a few wipes may occur, but nothing that a little perseverence can't overcome.

Wipe, try again, kill. There's no reason for people not to overcome the new heroics.
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

It will be exactly like it was at the start of WotLK. You'll go into them in blues, some boss will top the "deadliest creature" list for a while, people will get made fun of for standing in lightning novas, and then we will outgear everything and rain ice and hellfire down upon massive amounts of mobs at a time.

Yeah, it's going to be the same as before except you won't be going with random people for the most part. Your guild is going to have to gear up again so you'll be able to do heroics with them. Depending on your experience with raiding, you won't have much of an issue after your first encounter with each dungeon. Just power through like we did before.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

If Blizzard keeps their WotLk PoV on dungeons it ain't gonna be that tough.

I'm going to agree with a previous poster here. I remember running countless Heroics at the start of Wrath, gearing up and farming badges for things to come (although in retrospect, that might not have been the most condusive use of my/our time. Handy to know. :P). I don't think I actually had a full on 5 PuGer run until Naxx was well on farm status, and we were waiting on Uld. I'm sure it'll be similiar in Cata, but the random dungeon feature should be nice for leveling dungeons.

I'm hoping they are in-line difficulty wise with the ICC 5mans.

That being said, my guild will definitely be chain-clearing heroics until we're geared, so LFG Randoms will be a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    I expect the experiences to be on par with FoS, PoS and HoR...also I will be doing them only with my guild at first
    Hope for this. Original 5-man heroics were never a challenge in WOTLK, not even in blue gear (maybe except for the achieve on Loken in HOL).

I'm pretty sure I'll stick with doing the new heroics with full guild groups at first.

One thing i want to know in regards to cata heroics is if theyre planning on removing the 'infinite' amount of times you can redo the same heroic via the random dungeon tool. if not it will be even easier to gear up for raids than in wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Devil
    One thing i want to know in regards to cata heroics is if theyre planning on removing the 'infinite' amount of times you can redo the same heroic via the random dungeon tool. if not it will be even easier to gear up for raids than in wrath.
    I actually hadn't thought about this, but this is a legitimate concern. Otherwise people will group up and have every piece they need in one day after griding for 12 hours and will never have to run a heroic again. Hopefully they will limit it to either one lockout per dungeon per day or limit the amount of randoms you can do a day to like 5 or something. On the contrary, they do claim they are going to make the heroics more like TBC heroics in terms of difficulty so hopefully they won't be too easily farmable day one but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gron
    Hope for this. Original 5-man heroics were never a challenge in WOTLK, not even in blue gear (maybe except for the achieve on Loken in HOL).
    Give me a break.

For PuGs:
    Nexus: Idiots not pulling back to halway on first boss = More adds then your tank could handle in blues
    UK: Idiots standing out in the open after last boss rez = not enough dps left to kill him by the time the healer is oom
    UP: How many time do I have to stay "Comming down... STAY BACK"
    AN: ITS NOT A BOUNCING CASTLE!

Granted this doesnt really say Hard... more like lots of idiots... but it wasnt a cake walk in blues. & a lot of people would be in greens.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt
    I actually hadn't thought about this, but this is a legitimate concern. Otherwise people will group up and have every piece they need in one day after griding for 12 hours and will never have to run a heroic again.
    Don't assume they'll be 15-minute runs -- the new heroics will likely take quite a bit longer, since we won't be overgeared and we won't have discovered the exact optimal packs to pull and skip. I remember doing all but one or two heroics every day for a few days when the first people in my guild hit 80 (about a week after release?), and it took many, many hours (with breaks to eat and so on).

If people really want to sit there for 12 hours grinding, let them. It'll take a lot more than that to get geared up with all possible badge rewards.

There's a blue post where they stated they wanted the old school strat-like runs? Not just rush reckless and pewpew everything and instead come up with strategy, the perfect cc and such?
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

I really hope they are on par with the ICC ones.

Everyone pretty much skipped the normal lvl 80 dungeons, jumped straight into heroics. I really hope heroics are something to work for.