Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.

Re: The Cataclysm Fury Tree: Making it not suck

lets just hope Fury actually requires brains in Cata and Rage management is more interesting.

I think you have some great ideas. Especially removing the healing reduce from Unrelenting Assault. (Though while you call it dumb, I'd call it retarded)

Edit: Sorry about only commenting on the Arms part, the Fury ideas are awesome as well, though, wouldn't Cleave benefiting from offhand weapon make it desirable single-target? And isn't that what Blizzard is trying to avoid?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zarleck
    I think you have some great ideas. Especially removing the healing reduce from Unrelenting Assault. (Though while you call it dumb, I'd call it retarded)

Edit: Sorry about only commenting on the Arms part, the Fury ideas are awesome as well, though, wouldn't Cleave benefiting from offhand weapon make it desirable single-target? And isn't that what Blizzard is trying to avoid?
    Can always make sure the numbers always favor HS for single targets and Cleave for multiple targets. From what I've seen Cleave will basically work like HS, ie as a rage dump. The using both weapons thing was just something I tossed in there back when i was playing around with making TG 2h main/1h off, though, and it does feel like something of a balance problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica
    Being a good or bad tree has nothing to do with performance, and numbers are easy. You could make the tree nothing but 51 points of "your Heroic Strike does x% more damage" and it would top meters. That'd be a tree that "doesn't suck" by your definition, right? The point is making a tree with interesting talents. If it does too much or too little damage, tweak a number or two and get it in line. That's unimportant. What's important is that the tree feels fun and isn't frustrating, but still rewards good play. You want talents where what you pick affects what you do - Unending Fury, as an example, doesn't. It doesn't change one squat about your rotation or any of your choices. It's just a hole you toss five points in to reach the DPS levels the spec was balanced for.

Now I realize that for some people the definition of "fun" is "I win meters with minimal effort". If you do, then I'm sure you'd enjoy Cataclysm Fury if it was nothing but BT, Bloodsurge and Heroic Strike.
    You should define suck in the OP then, instead of deciding everyone should know.

I know this may sound like a dumb idea. But How about moving TG down a few tiers like say the 1/1 talent you get for reaching Level 40. This way if leveling Warriors want to experience DW 2 2hers instead of 2 1hers, they can have that option available.
    -Proud Owner of a Blood Elf Warrior-