Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Many Paladins, Handle it?

Quote Originally Posted by djspinner
    There are so many paladins because they haven't realized how great shammies are
    i have 3.. 2 lvl80 lolemental and enhancement
    and 1 lvl46 somewhere on a empty realm

still prefer my paladin

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Macabrily
    As a "flavor of the month reroller" (I started playing wow after 2.6 and rerolled paladin after 3.1 for my guild) I have to agree with Badpaladin. As always. >.>

In my eyes, you're brought for damage dealing. Everything else should be second nature and expected of you.

It's like a rogue bragging that they can use tricks of the trade on a tank.

And thank you.
    Some things are to be excepted, yes- But often it isn't expected for someone to do out-of-the-box that saves a wipe or prevents people's deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Some things are to be excepted, yes- But often it isn't expected for someone to do out-of-the-box that saves a wipe or prevents people's deaths.
    I guess that's where you and I differ in philosophy. Bubblesac, offhealing, BoP, etc are all a part of smart raiding for me rather than out-of-the-box actions. I just think it's a little odd that this is how a "good ret paladin" is defined by a lot of people, because these should be expected of all raiders.

Back in BC i did Black Temple with 25 Paladins.

back when naxx was the shit we had always 6+ paladins and 0 warlocks 0 rogues warriors...
    Quote Originally Posted by zolok
    Haha, everyone knows FIFA isn't a football game, it's Soccer!
    Quote Originally Posted by W
    You are clearly the idiot here as Blizzard would be able to check the IP address and mmo-champ can match up the ip address as well so boom headshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by fshfsjdk
    by the way, it's not key logger.

This is because paladins are the most simplstic of classes.

My 7 year old nephew can play one effectively.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Syatek
    Back in BC i did Black Temple with 25 Paladins.
    Those raids are awesome, but the horror when it comes to loot

I was a druid since about 2 months before TBC. seeing a high level druid then was rare. There are TONS of them now. and paladins, can't forget paladins

Yes there are a lot of paladins, i cant even do anything in peace anymore. I walk to the kitchen and always lookout for that hammer of justice on my face

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    What's out of the box exactly?

I don't understand. A rogue bandaging someone to prevent their deaths. That's a little out of the box. A hybrid using class-given abilities to help the raid? No.

It's my blunt opinion that anyone that thinks that a raid is asking too much of them as a hybrid to use defensive abilities alongside their offensive abilities should re-roll a pure dps class.

Quote Originally Posted by Macabrily
    What's out of the box exactly?

I don't understand. A rogue bandaging someone to prevent their deaths. That's a little out of the box. A hybrid using class-given abilities to help the raid? No.

It's my blunt opinion that anyone that thinks that a raid is asking too much of them as a hybrid to use defensive abilities alongside their offensive abilities should re-roll a pure dps class.
    Best post so far during this slightly off topic discussion.

But the real question is...

... why not many paladins use the stuff they have at there disposal. Let alone use it at the right time.
    Sig Violation - 9000341555x8821500000000000 resolution too low

Paladin was my first ever character and one of my two 80's. I was going to keep it my main for cata but I've beeh having serious second thoughts because it seems like every single raid I go to had at least 6 paladins. I may go with rogue. Rogue is still fun, but I do like having the multiple classes in one. It's just so nice to have one spec, and when you get bored, you have another to switch to. You already have it leveled, you just have to get gear, and you already have all the reputation too. Hard to beat that. I might just suck it up and live with it being a popular class.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    I guess that's where you and I differ in philosophy. Bubblesac, offhealing, BoP, etc are all a part of smart raiding for me rather than out-of-the-box actions. I just think it's a little odd that this is how a "good ret paladin" is defined by a lot of people, because these should be expected of all raiders.
    Its a PoV thing as well- Sometimes I question the simple competence of some of the raiders in my guild, and when compared to a "hardcore guild", it would be simplistic.

I don't do utility atm cauz I don't need too

I used to do it (alot) in my old guild, and now I'm freelance looking for a serious raiding guild :P (willing to migrate if necessary )
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Great, I wanted to make a Paladin up until I read this thread.

Now I just feel bad ._.