Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Why do you hate death knights?

So why do you?

Don't say because people who roll them are n00bs it is impossible to prove and anyone can say that about any class.

Don't say becuase they are OP. Because again the same can be said for any class.

I want to know why before I have done anything in randoms people are 'sigh a f**king DK' when its quiet at work (I work in a PC store YAY!) i chain heroics i normally get about 6 done a day and this is amost a daily occurance.

As a studing shrink I want to know the psychological that has developed itself in this discouse of our socity.

Tell me!

I have some ideas but i will reserve them till later on.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

Re: Why do you hate death knights?

They took my stapler.

10+ Year Old Account

The dk hate is based on the first month or so from WotLK when everybody was trying out the new DK class, resulting in a lot of DKs being played by people who didn't had a clue what to do. Combine that with the fact that DKs where very OP at the start of WotLK (they are fine now, if not a bit underpowered in pvp) and you get alot of annoyed people.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana
    The dk hate is based on the first month or so from WotLK when everybody was trying out the new DK class, resulting in a lot of DKs being played by people who didn't had a clue what to do. Combine that with the fact that DKs where very OP at the start of WotLK (they are fine now, if not a bit underpowered in pvp) and you get alot of annoyed people.
    Thats my best theroy.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

Mage
    Priest
    Warlock
    Hunter
    Warrior
    Rogue
    Druid
    Shaman
    Paladin

Death Knight

Damn - it is because they have two words in their name.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie
    They took my stapler.
    Rob Schneider was an animal. Then he was a woman. Now Rob Schneider is about to become, a STAPLER! And he's about to find out that being a stapler, is harder than it looks.

Rob Schneider is, The Stapler! Rated PG-13.

On topic: People need something to whine at, and this expansion it's death knights
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

Beacuse there is a stereotype behind the people that play them being whiny kids with no real knowledge of the game or thier class.
    A Dk is so easy to level that you never really in the 30 levels given to you learn how to play it properly, you are guided through an easy, although lore wise thrilling inroduction, have most of your abilities thrown at you all at once and thus never rally get to grips with your class from the ground up.

It took me a while when 80 to learn how to really play my deathknight, where as with my rogue, warrior and priest I learned those skills as I was using them.
    Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly

http://maggeddon.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/JSMcGough

Deleted

Coz they are created by the class designer
    Earl Z. Moade along with the paladins, 2 button skill warriors and boomkins.

it's because of all the necrophilia, isn't it?

i have a dk i love dks i am tank today i joined random heroic with a dk tank that used only dnd and autoattack,after that i hate all dks except me and it's not only tank dks it's dps too if they are under tanks dmg
    at my signal unlease hell

One because they start at 55 and they dont have to lvl and are handed their shit like babies >
    and also because they always get the gear

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by demonicfrost
    i have a dk i love dks i am tank today i joined random heroic with a dk tank that used only dnd and autoattack,after that i hate all dks except me and it's not only tank dks it's dps too if they are under tanks dmg
    QFT!

It is just a throw back from earlier days when they were too powerful, but that has been sorted. Even then if you asked most people 'why are DKs overpowered' they wouldn't have been able to answer you, they just read somewhere that they are and then regurgitate that hate verbatim.

Not too worry, Cataclysm will be here soon and a different class will be more powerful than the rest in the first wave of raids and then get hated until the next expansion comes out. I think it will be hunters due to the change to focus and not really knowing how that will play out.

Add to that the incooperative attitude and playstyle of most DKs (almost equal to that of paladins).
    Add to that the intentional Frost-of-path-eL-Oh-eL (yes, i mixed em on purpose) party-killing and FPS murder for some players (not me but i pity those with low end PCs when there's a Path of Frost spamin dk around in AV)
    Add to that their tendancy to use Death Grip even when not tanking just cuz 'lol i can lift mobs up'.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The fact that Death Knight T8 tokens would drop 80% of the time back in Ulduar was the source of a lot of "FU DK"-raging in my guild. ;p

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Most of the people are either dumb shit people who don't know anything about this game or kids who can't level a real 80.
    Here's my character,im 12 years old. All kids that play wow aren't bad
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Cocoabutterz

Because first time you enter Outland dungeons you meet tons of them. TONS. There is no single instance without them. And 9 in 10 are terrible. Weird spec, wrong presence (dpsing in frost, anyone?), deathgripping mobs from tank, not using diseases (seriously, how did you get through starting zone?), d&d even on one mob and generally being clueless. Yes, you can say same thing about every other class, but while leveling I have never met so many stupid, ignorant (how hard is to google "dk leveling spec") people. Also 80 lvl DKs with Berserking enchant on weapon speak for themselves. Really. 25 levels and you still dont know about runes?
    Meet from a cat.

Not to mention casters who don't know how to deal with Death Knights' anti-caster mechanics.

The dk hate is based on the first month or so from WotLK when everybody was trying out the new DK class, resulting in a lot of DKs being played by people who didn't had a clue what to do. Combine that with the fact that DKs where very OP at the start of WotLK (they are fine now, if not a bit underpowered in pvp) and you get a lot of annoyed people.
    first serious post (soz mr stapler guy) summed it up perfectly.

I know the OP said not to mention it but the whole "noobs play DK" aspect does still come into it a little.
    People are expecting DKs to be idiots, as with hunters a year or two ago, so even an 'average' DK will be seen as a poor player.
    I know a couple of DKs who are capable of some truly astonishing dps with not particularly wonderful gear. And if I didn't know they were actually really good players I would be saying its "because DKs or OP!" referencing your other point not to mention lol
    medicus quercum, venit.
    One's soldiers should not yell abuse at the enemy. "Arouse a bee and it will come at you with the ferocity of a dragon." - Takeda Nobushige

15+ Year Old Account

I hate Death Knights because they're so easy to kill!

Don't think i've ever been beaten 1v1 against a DK unless it was in WG where he had 13 stacks of Tenacity.

GIVE ME A CHALLENGE DAMMIT!
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"