Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Enchanting - an excuse to be rude?

not worth it to level enchanting anymore, it's not a good "moneymaker" anymore

the price of mats has plummeted, there is some homo on every corner enchanting for free so forget charging for a chant, so why bother

2 ring enchants don't make it worth it for sure

you're better off with a JC toon and then you can just buy anything you want or need without regard for price.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley
    Hey there are skins, mines, and herbs in most instances. I have never seen anyone roll on those unless there are more than one of those particular gatherers in the 5 man. If they did that with everyone, so that every time a skinner skinned an animal a roll came up for the loot or the herbs or the mine nods then it would be fair. It is actually pretty simple if you stop the hot air spew and think about it.

Chanters got the short stick on this one.
    Skinning - You skin mobs you kill to get your mats - That is all
    Mining - You mine your ores, smelt them into bars - that is all
    Herbs - You gather herbs - that is all

Enchanting - You can enchant yours and other gear as well disenchant unwanted or old gear to reclaim mats you can use to then enchant the gear.

Enchanting did NOT get the short stick not by a loooooooooooong way.

Well that was not very enchanting of him.

Could not resist!

I deny every blood elf enchants, is the being rude?
    Did you hear about Will Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by mikabob
    he does HAVE a point... u need the mats for enchanting, as a enchanter.... but that logic would give your full rights to need everyting to, since u NEED the money. right?

exactly. he can need roll on a few items that no one else wants, but not EVERYTHING. higher privileges at most, and that mainly because the enchanting mats are worth more, and him being there is thus making the trash drops worth more money.

maybe like every other boss they can need on one item for disenchanting, something like that.

I'm trying to be neutral here, enchanters can get a bonus since everyone else is getting more shard money than vendor money from the items, but I still don't agree with this guy, needing everything. it makes me think of the logic used in the above quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I've already posted once in this tread, but the discussion is ridiculous. All party members have equal rights to "GREED" loot regardless of professions. "Need" loot is loot that is needed because it is a gear or vanity upgrade (like mounts). "Greed" loot is everything else. That is how the roll system was intended to work. DE is a subset option of Greed.

Greens and unwanted blues and purples are of equal worth to all party members regardless of profession.

I (or anyone else) have every right to vendor (or send to my alt to DE) a green as an enchanter. Enchanters have no special rights to roll on gear just because they can DE it. There is not a single argument I will ever agree with to the contrary because those arguments would be wrong. That is not the way the game was designed.

If Blizzard were to change anything it would be that Enchanters have an option to allow their profession to be used party or raid wide, or to be used exclusively for themselves. That way if they want to be crybabies they can turn off the party or raid function.

Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

need = not for bank balance
    greed = for bank balance
    pass = meh i don't want that

Prior to the change to the roll system, I was able to make some coin on the side by offering disenchanting to people I ran dungeons with. We all rolled greed on items we didn't need, anyone that wanted stuff disenchanted had only to ask, and I would do it. For Free. Some people would offer tips, some would even send me an in game mail asking if I could DE more stuff for them if they sent the items through the mail.

Then someone decided things needed to change, I have no idea why, but someone did. I'm not against the roll to DE side of things, sure it took away a nice business I had going, but thats beside the point. My main gripe is that it only applies to enchanters. Why isn't the mining node rolled for by everyone in party? Why aren't the skins rolled for by everyone in the party? Why is it that one single profession has been singled out?

If anyone can have an excuse to be rude about being an enchanter, it should be something along these lines, needing everything in sight is just a douche move.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not very nice indeed :<

Aside from the sometimes quoted excuse of a vein/herb/skin being worth nothing since it is not obtainble otherwise compared to drops which are at least worth gold without an enchanter.
    The decision to provide others the fruits of our labour was taken out of our hands, yet their gathers are still not something we can share in.
    It has made the prices of the materials plummet, and in many cases be virtually unsellable since everyone is providing their own materials.
    Either the mechanism should apply to all professions, none at all, or give us the option to toggle as we please.

As an enchanter, I leveled by getting mats through quests. Five players worked to kill a mob in a dungeon, and the five players should split the reward. However, by the same token, I think miners should share ore and skinners the leather they get from fallen beasts.

Personally I am a firm believer in the fact that all gathering professions should be given the same treatment as Enchanting when in a group. In other words, if someone mines a Tin Vein, then the resources should then be rolled upon. Would be fair in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    Well now with the way it is you can only need on things your class can wear so he they won't them all anyway.
    The problem with this is it's only for blue and up gear, anyone can Need on Greens.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Yeah karma since your proffession has a gathering profession built into while others don't oh wait. If a greedy enchanter does this just need everything as well.
    ^^This lol.
    I always WANT to need on shit when i run on my mage(chanting toon) but I just hit the DE option.
    I'm a Dick, not a need whore lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Aside from the sometimes quoted excuse of a vein/herb/skin being worth nothing since it is not obtainble otherwise compared to drops which are at least worth gold without an enchanter.
    The decision to provide others the fruits of our labour was taken out of our hands, yet their gathers are still not something we can share in.
    It has made the prices of the materials plummet, and in many cases be virtually unsellable since everyone is providing their own materials.
    Either the mechanism should apply to all professions, none at all, or give us the option to toggle as we please.
    I think the point is here that green BOE items were always greeded and most people were able to get them disenchanted at leisure by a friend etc. The Blue boss drops always required a little co-operation etc from everyone so the disenchanter could shard stuff that wasn't wanted, the general "norm" being they would then share out the shards. This was instead of everyone simply greeding on blues and the enchanter could shard them.

Considering the price of shards and the values they plummeted to, I would also be up for a move back to the old method of dealing with this. Enchanters could all agree that they wouldn't offer their services in instances with randoms and everyone would be happy. Blizz could be as far making it so once an item was disenchanted the shard couldn't be traded (as may now be the case actually...)

It IS a bit sucky that enchanting materials are so low in price, anyone with half a brain can get plenty of materials made fairly easy and it propped up the price of materials for other professions so gathering was worth doing rather than leaving the chinese farmers to it.

I think there's a fairly major shift in economy all over come about due to this change.

I think the tick box option is the best way to go. If enchanters want to be nice and disenchant for the group, let them, if not they can turn it off and keep their tradeskill secret. Who actually bothers looking at everyone in the groups skills each time you join a random? I know I've NEVER bothered.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2010-06-11 at 08:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

could just have told the entire group to need on everything, and then if someone needs something give it to them, 80% chance is higher than 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    i usaly pass on everything, who the fck needs the few golds from instance drops anyway lol
    ^haha, yup