major elemental glyphs

what are the best major glyphs to get for elemental spec?

Re: major elemental glyphs

From the sticky.

What Glyphs should I use?
    Major (BiS):
    Glyph of Lightning Bolt - Increases the damage dealt by Lightning Bolt by 4%.
    Glyph of Totem of Wrath - When you cast Totem of Wrath, you gain 30% of the totem's bonus spell power for 5 min. (84Spell Power at maximum rank)

+

Glyph of Fire Elemental Totem - Reduces the cooldown of your Fire Elemental Totem by 5 min. (SEE EXCEPTIONS BELOW)
    Glyph of Lava - Your Lava Burst spell gains an additional 10% of your spellpower.
    Glyph of Flametongue Weapon - Increases spell critical strike chance by 2% while Flametongue Weapon is active.
    Glyph of Flame Shock - Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Flame Shock damage by 60%.

Minor:
    Glyph of Thunderstorm - Increases the mana you receive from your Thunderstorm spell by 2%, but it no longer knocks enemies back.

At ICC gear levels it's ToW, Lava and LB.

http://wowhats.wordpress.com/element...alents-glyphs/
    Signature size violated forum rules.

You can switch between Lava and Flametongue depending on the fight. Lava when there's a lot of movement, Flametongue for the more static fights (think Saurfang).

Also on the Lich King fight you can trade in Lava/FT for a Fire Elemental Glyph since you're able to drop it twice, during phase 1 and 3. Providing there's a Demo Lock or another Elemental Shaman in the group to provide the spellpower buff.

so i was doing some math the other day wasnt alot of it but a tiny bit and since i got the 2 pc t10 i decided to look at how many LB and CL i did on avg and i added them up and and the avg amount of both was in the vacinity of 150 total....and was thinking about picking up the ele mastery glyph with it as well so thats a total of 330 seconds in reduced EM time or 5 1/2 minutes in reduced cd time so assuming its a 5 minute right and you pop it every time its up then you should be able to fit at least 5 EM in the fight as opposed to 2.5 roughly doubling the uptime on it

Sadly it doesn't work that way. The time you have to reduce the cooldown of EM using 2t10 is contingent on the base cooldown which is affected by the glyph. If you reduce the base cooldown you reduce the amount of time in which you can cast LBs/CLs to reduce the cooldown further.

So, Glyph of EM + 2t10 equates to at best a 15s reduction in the effective cooldown of EM, which is maybe one extra use per fight. This is why the other glyphs already mentioned are considered so much better.
    Zamir's Blog // Elemental Beginner's Guide // Elemental ZAP! Spreadsheet // TotemSpot Community

Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies you will not find another.
    -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Ushra
    At ICC gear levels it's ToW, Lava and LB.

http://wowhats.wordpress.com/element...alents-glyphs/
    Actually, in a stand and nuke scenarios, FTW outperforms lava with lava being better for on the move / single add killing. For multiple adds (LKing, Saurfang, not putricide, just chain lightningable adds) FTW remains better.

10+ Year Old Account

Adding to that, if you're not using Fire totems and are stuck on ToW duty, stick with Lava.