Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    ZG there is no need for resistance gear, that BWL/MC and maybe Kara (dunno, didnt bother with the place as i got the mount).

I used to use full tank spec and gear, just to see how fast I could do it in. I would assume that u want a gear with 540def, high expertise (saves the parries) and alot of str. Its how u balance it that will determine how much if any downtime u have

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol View Post
    Would you use DPS or tank gear for soloing ZG? I'm pretty much just out to get the tiger mount on my warr, and I saw Iyona saying you should get block+resistance-gear, but I've seen others claim you should use DPS gear to speed it up as you survive anyways. What'ya say? I've got 4pc T9 plus some other random pieces, better DPS gear, and also decent PvP gear(I'm thinking that might work best?).
    Resistance gear would be used on encounters where the majority of damage is elemental (Ragnaros).

A block-set can nullify all physical damage taken, even in level 80 heroics; it's possible to achieve being unhitable where your total avoidance + block is 100%. In some encounters, you may find it necessary to survive.

In some other encounters, however, wearing a dps-set or parts of one is favourable. Killing stuff faster = less damage taken too. :-)

'see, thanks I guess I'll just bring my gear sets and see what works best!

MC is definitely soloable with pretty good gear; I've been doing it for the last month or two.

4 piece T10 and the corroded skeleton key are both extremely helpful, and the extra stam from your normal tank gear eliminates the need to get resist gear. I run a standard fury/prot for most of the bosses, though it's only required for some of them. Needless to say glyph of bloodthirst is a must for fury fights. Counterintuitively the hardest two bosses (Rag and Gehennas) are much easier with, if not require, a normal prot spec.

Lucifron, Magmadar, Garr, and Shazz should be doable in both specs; fury's safer but slower. I save Gehennas for last (of the first 8) so I only need one Lesser Flask of Resistance for both him and rag.

Baron I can keep myself up without needing enraged regeneration, you just need to manage his fire ring and explosions properly.

For Golemagg the stacking debuff is a chance on hit, so just bloodthirst the dogs and thunderclap (which doesn't proc a stack) once you get 10ish stacks on you until they fall off.

For sulfuron harbinger it's purely a waiting game, don't interrupt the heals because the other three will get them off anyway and it'll take longer for them to oom.

Now for the pain, Gehennas. His healing curse screws fury over, so this is a dps race in prot spec. I use a lesser flask of resistance and magic resistance potion just before the fight for 100 to all resistances, berserker stance, recklessness, defensive stance, then charge/heroic throw and hit bloodrage for the shield. Once bloodrage expires I use the skeleton key, followed by shield wall when that expires. Meanwhile I'm pumping out as much damage on him as I can, ignoring the adds except for the cleave from imp revenge. Naturally pull him out of the fire unless a shield's up; if it is stay since it won't take enough damage to kill it before it expires anyway, and you're better off dpsing him without worrying about going out of range while kiting and he casts something. Don't forget to pop bloodrage when it comes off cooldown, and use ER WITHOUT last stand. Chances are you'll be really low on health when he is, so save last stand for an extra 20 seconds of combat rather than a pretty ineffectual boost to a gimped heal. Several times I've ended the fight with a couple seconds of last stand left and very little health left even with it up.

Majordomo's a joke in fury, probably in prot too.

Before you do rag you might want to repair your weapon, especially if you died a couple times earlier in the run. To be really safe bring a second weapon in case your durability fails too quickly.

For rag I again use the magic resistance potion and flask (which should still be up from Gehennas). His major source of damage is a dot he places on you periodically; keep an eye on your debuff bar and use a bloodrage/corroded key/shield wall cooldown whenever you see one, in that priority. Other than that just be ready to spam charge whenever he knocks you back; if you miss that you're probably gonna die, either from landing or from the ranged spam he does when nobody's in range.

You're probably gonna need one or two sons phases to get him down. When they appear I like to kill all but one and then let it wail ineffectually on me until rag repops, giving my cooldowns plenty of time to come back up.

If you have access to any pvp gear, you may want to consider taking Blood Craze for hp reg, since regardless of being critable, you have a chance equal to your resilience reduction to be critically hit, to proc on crit effects.
    Example: mob has 0 crit chance at all (ex spells), you have resi for 12% reduced chance to be crit = you have 12% chance to proc bloodcraze every time you get hit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd do it in tank gear. I tend to die a lot in dps gear.

Got down Thekal pretty easy in full honorPvP ger and damn easy with 4PC T9 tank gear(he bugged first time >_>), think I'm gonna go for 4PC tank next reset tho, just to be safe. Couldn't get Mandokir down though, got him to around 160K HP twice, but that's it. First was with raptor down at ~250K, second time I didn't take down raptor(was pretty random first time really, more revenge crits I guess), but about the same result. Might try again with the bloodthirst glyph tho, forgot all about it.

Just killed Garr but Baron completely owned me, my gear is pretty much whats holding me back
    Priest - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Yarmi
    Warrior - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Clo%C3%BAd

Heroic Mana Tombs pwned me yesterday, I was mad. The rock giant and his "deep freeze" thing (-10% hp every sec) pwned me hard ! With more burst and a PvP trinket, may be doable though.

I soloed Magisters Terrace and Zul Gurub Tiger Boss in full offgear with tank spec. ZG Mandokir in Def gear. All pretty easy

For MC is it better to use your tanking gear or dps gear? My tanking gear is pretty poor compared to my dps gear
    Priest - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Yarmi
    Warrior - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Clo%C3%BAd

i'm planning to solo some old content soon with my warrior (prot) but i'm not certain about the spec.
    This is my warrior now, with normal spec, should i change to something like This?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by archiel View Post
    i'm planning to solo some old content soon with my warrior (prot) but i'm not certain about the spec.
    This is my warrior now, with normal spec, should i change to something like This?
    You should, but Enrage doesn't stack with Imp. Def. Stance, and you should move points from UW to Booming Voice, and move points from Anticipation to Shield Mastery, as Shield Block is the best ability ever when it comes to soloing old content.

i wanna give some of these things a go soon also.
    I do ZG - tiger boss every reset for 1,5 years now but no result, but it doenst require any special gear or bloodthirst/prot spec.

I wanna go and try Baron Geddon, as i only need his binding for years now, maybe i can get lucky. should i use FR gear for him?

and any tips or tricks for first boss in karazhan?

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    i wanna give some of these things a go soon also.
    I do ZG - tiger boss every reset for 1,5 years now but no result, but it doenst require any special gear or bloodthirst/prot spec.

I wanna go and try Baron Geddon, as i only need his binding for years now, maybe i can get lucky. should i use FR gear for him?

and any tips or tricks for first boss in karazhan?
    I did geddon a couple of times with a glyphed bloodthirst prot hybrid spec, you don't really need fireresist, but is does help if you let someone buff you with a 1hour motw before you go there (I have the remote to brd, it's really quick), additionally you can use a resistance flask (very cheap to make: http://www.wowhead.com/item=44939). Just try to find a spot where you can minimize fall damage and save enough rage to use bloodthirst on cd, it should be easy.

edit: first boss in kara is easy with the same spec, takes a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatore View Post
    I soloed Magisters Terrace and Zul Gurub Tiger Boss in full offgear with tank spec. ZG Mandokir in Def gear. All pretty easy
    I can solo magisers terrace on a lot of my level 80's who don't have tank specs, such as a my ret paladin and my elemental shaman =X.