Deleted

I need help with my Moonkin

Hi everyone!

I got to 80 last week and since then I've done a few heroics and went to ICC10 once or twice.

As you can see I still use the PVP cloak, boots and a ring. What do you think I should do? Should I get the 232 ring from HoR and look out for 232 boots and a cloak or leave the PVP items (245, 264) to boost by GS (I'm currently at a GS of 5319)?

My second trinket is the other problem. Do you think I should get the 232 trinket from Pit of Saron instead of the Talisman of Resurgence or not? The Nevermelting Ice Crystal seems to be better since SP > Int and the Use-effect is nice but isn't "higher itemlevel is better" a rule as well? Another option is the Shard of the Crystal Heart but I already have more than 9-10% of hit. Does the haste-effect make up for it? Again, I'm already over the 401 soft haste cap. What do you think?

Is there anything else you would have done different? Which easy to get items would you pick up and use instead of what I currently have?

I appreciate any advice and every opinion.
    -Corbomite
    Last edited by mmoca92f6e820c; 2010-06-14 at 06:00 AM.

Re: I need help with my Moonkin

Although the Nevermelting Crystal thingy is not really that good, it certainly is better than the Talisman. But how about getting the Sundial of the Exiled? You lack crit and the trinket's not half bad.

To say that higher itemlevel is better is just plain stupid (sorry).
    If you went by this, you could just as well run around in rogues' / ferals' clothes just because they have a higher itemlevel.

If gearscore is the only thing the raidleaders are worried about (which would be very sad), then wear high itemlevel stuff when checked and change to "the real gear" before combat.

As a last remark: you might wanna take a look at your professions.

Sigh, another tragic offspring of the Gearscore era. There's a reason we have things like Rawr and Sim sheets, just because something's a higher item level doesn't mean it's better in any way at all (I mean look at things like the Greatness cards, BiS three patches after their 'time'). Your best bet is to just get your paws on Rawr or a Sim and take a look at one of MMO-Champion's fabulous =http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-druid/pve-moonkin-guide-%28updated-for-3-3-3%29/Moonkin Guides.

I don't want to twist this into some anti-GS debate, but sometimes performance is not worth being sacrificed for for the sake of a bigger number. Get a Sim (I'm sure there's one around), check out some guides and use a bit of common sense when gearing. Gear for yourself and for the best you can be, don't gear for the sake of getting into some extra groups and to impress people with big numbers.

Deleted

I know all the arguments of the GS debate and I'm not a fan of it either. Also, I'm not an offspring of the GS era. Most of my WoW time GS didn't even exist.

Also "higher itemlevel is better" is only one rule out of many. I'm asking this because the author if the EJ compendium wrote it here: http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t66856-m...ion_Principles [ "Higher-ilvl gear is stronger" ].

I'll have a look at the WrathCalcs and Rawr. And thank you for the info on the trinkets.

You really shouldn't need 3 points into intensity. In fact you probably don't need any points in it at all. Take them out of there and put them into IIS. I would take the two points out of Gale Winds as well and put them in Typhoon and Owlkin Frenzy. That's dependent on how much raiding you do though, if you spend most of your time in heroics then you will need more mana regen and better aoe, but this spec wont give you your highest DPS potential on a raid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Corbomite
    I know all the arguments of the GS debate and I'm not a fan of it either. Also, I'm not an offspring of the GS era. Most of my WoW time GS didn't even exist.

Also "higher itemlevel is better" is only one rule out of many. I'm asking this because the author if the EJ compendium wrote it here: http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t66856-m...ion_Principles [ "Higher-ilvl gear is stronger" ].

I'll have a look at the WrathCalcs and Rawr. And thank you for the info on the trinkets.
    He means that higher ilevel gear usually has more sp/crit/haste then gear of a lower ilevel... not that ilevel is the end all be all for gear selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Slonah
    You really shouldn't need 3 points into intensity. In fact you probably don't need any points in it at all. Take them out of there and put them into IIS. I would take the two points out of Gale Winds as well and put them in Typhoon and Owlkin Frenzy. That's dependent on how much raiding you do though, if you spend most of your time in heroics then you will need more mana regen and better aoe, but this spec wont give you your highest DPS potential on a raid boss.
    I would almost certainly keep 3/3 points in Dreamstate, and 1-2/3 points in intensity, until you're average item level is in the 226-232 range. Moonkins will go oom very easily without these talents until your mana pool size and crit can make up most of your mana regen instead of mp5.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskstorm
    I would almost certainly keep 3/3 points in Dreamstate, and 1-2/3 points in intensity, until you're average item level is in the 226-232 range. Moonkins will go oom very easily without these talents until your mana pool size and crit can make up most of your mana regen instead of mp5.
    Truth; however, 3/3 in Intensity or Dreamstate should be plenty - Assuming there is a replen in group. As a trump card, keep a hardy supply of Runic Mana Pots on your person.

Re: Corbomite -

- Get that enchanting up! At least 400 for ring enchants.
    - Powerful Stats to chest - Lets not be cheap now.
    - Merlin's Robe, I believe is a better choice for BoE craftable chest... Oops.
    - Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers are a good 245 craftable until you can get some ICC loot.
    - Trinkets: I still use Nevermelting... I can't get a better one to drop I believe it is still better than the Talisman though.
    - Since you are going to get T9.232 before T10.251, I recommend a modified rotation to the "single-DoT" rotation seen 'round here. With 2pc T9, you want to keep your Moonfire up all the time. So, try:
    Pull -> FF/MF/IS -> Wrath till Lunar -> Refresh MF -> Starfire till Solar -> Refresh both DoTs -> Repeat.
    <Hell> is now recruiting!!! ~ <Hell> Recruitment Thread

Armory

There is so much bad advice around here I don't know what to do with myself...

As far as stats go, here's what you want (in this order of priority):

263 Hit (237 if you're Alliance with a Draenei in party)
    About 400 Haste
    About 1580 - 1/3rd of your Int as Crit

After the soft caps for haste and crit, they are about equal with haste being only slightly better.

As far as rotations go, never use Insect Swarm unless you're about to start spamming Wraths without the Glyph of Insect Swarm. However, since you'll be in T9, you'll want the glyphs of Starfall, Starfire, and Moonfire. Always keep Moonfire up while you have 2T9. And as far as trinkets go, the Abyssal Rune and the Sundial of the Exiled are both fairly strong. I forget where the Nevermelting Icecrystal stacks up in comparison.

For a general build, you can copy mine... http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...ade&cn=Mooboom
    Owlkin Frenzy is the optional one. You can choose to put those points into the rest of Improved Insect Swarm or if needed pick up Typhoon, but they aren't particularly mandatory.

Bad advice huh?
    I am not even going to flame on you.
    <Hell> is now recruiting!!! ~ <Hell> Recruitment Thread

Armory