Poll: Why do you currently raid 25 man over 10 man?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Why do you currently raid 25 man over 10 man?

I don't. I've loved the people in my small little casual guild since I joined up with them mid-BC, and wouldn't rather raid with anyone else.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

None of the reasons listed above really. I raid 25-man raids because that is what PvE seems to be focused on. 10-mans are easier, drop lesser loot, and the mechanics seem like they're adapted from 25-man. Also, the server first achievements are all in 25-man only. All of these things indicate to me that PvE content is 25-man based. I also raid them because of the people in my guild, but that's more a cause of an effect of a cause. If the focus wasn't on 25-mans, I wouldn't have raided them in the first place, which means I wouldn't know all the people I'm raiding with now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie
    I did achievements for realm firsts and drakes and stuff.
    Who gives a crap about loot.
    Oh, don't be so full of crap.
    You obviously give a crap about the loot. Why? Cause in order to do the almost 1 year old "realm first" raid achievment you need 2 tiers higher gear. Hence without the loot from icc you wouldn't have done yogg + 0.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Trinkets and tier marks! If only DFO dropped in 10 mans

I'm actually quite surprised by the results of this and how many are just after the loot.

something to do...

Because I don't enjoy 10 man's at all, unless I'm raiding with 5+ of my friends.

rotface and fester's blood...
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

Where is the option 'I do not'?

Cause im in strict 10 man guild with few of my friends, 11/12 HM

Occasionally when i go on 25 its to help out friendly guild when they are missing few people to start 25.

Better loot, plain and simple. I want the best loot, with the least amount of effort. A 25 man guild raid is usually made up of two 10 man teams and 5 people who are getting carried because they don't have a 10 man team to gear up before going into 25 man content. I would rather be one of those 5 people who skip the 10 man grind, and go right into 25 man content.

I raid both 25 and 10 man but i prefer 25 over 10 because:
    1) It gives me an epic feeling. Raiding with more people, who most of them i like (others i'd hit them with my car and with a bat when they are down, but it's something you will do even at work or school against people you don't like) gives me that feeling of fighting the bad guys with a little army. In 10 man it feels empty.

2) Increased difficulty. I play for challenges and the actual system makes 25man (both normal and heroic) harder than 10man. You have to coordinate more people to actual succed the raid and position yourself well to avoid a mess. The perfect example for me is Lich King. On phase 2 you have 3 Valk'yrs which need 3 different stuns and control, surely only this need a little more thinking to decide who has to control each one. Defile on 25man isn't that different from 10, but making move more people in one direction needs more coordination. There are plenty of other examples, but i think everyone can think about one by himself.

3) Loot. I don't care much about it, but surely it gives incentive, not by much but it gives me.

In TBC of course it was different, Kara and ZA were balanced around 10 man, and the abilities weren't some dumbed down version of a 25man raid, and first of all they were different and fresh raid.

In Cata i will probably continue raiding on 25man if my guild will still run, otherwise i will find a 25man hardcore guild :P
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account

None of the options.
    I raid because i enjoy raiding, the more the better. I don't care about loot, mounts, achievements etc, i just enjoy raiding with the people in my guild.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

10+ Year Old Account

I don't. Getting into 25mans is extremely difficult on my realm (besides VoA, obviously), because local raid guilds accept one person per year (on average), local raid communities the same, and nobody, NOBODY, is willing to run with someone who doesn't know the run yet. I was extremely lucky to run with the group I run currently ICC10. All of them extremely competent people.

All of that combined, why even should I try and raid 25man raids?

Need to have an option of "I don't raid 25man".

I would pick that one. I play to have fun and relax, 25mans are neither of those two. Plus my guild isn't large enough for 25man, so I would have to pug. A 25man pug on my server is pretty much the same as an orgy filled with blind quadriplegics and a monkey.

The monkey isn't blind, but will stand in the fire...

Tacocat is a palindrome.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

currently 25 . From the bosses I can find PUGs for in ICC 10 I need nothing (4/12 average) whereas in 25 man I need things from like every boss there
    Insert Signiture here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfkfc
    I have another question: Why do you currently raid 25 man over 10 man?
    Well, I don't....

10+ Year Old Account

My guild is mainly 10 man running . Usually pair up with another guild and run 25 mans . So for me it was mostly for loot. I love 10 mans because of the synergy you have with 9 others compared to 24 others
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief