Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: When did this get so much fun?

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf
    Warriors/dk's still pretty much pwn shadow priests anyway.
    Not from what I've seen, unless every Warrior/DK I've ever fought was a scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengu
    lolololol then your just bad!!! You should never ever die against a rogue! LMAO
    I lol'd. I'm not even going to try to respond, the stupidity here is overwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengu
    lolololol then your just bad!!! You should never ever die against a rogue! LMAO
    Lol so many things can come to mind when you think about how a priest can lose to a rogue 1v1:

1. No Reflective Shield
    2. Low Resilience
    3. Out gears you
    4. Fail

Quote Originally Posted by xpyr0m4n
    Lol so many things can come to mind when you think about how a priest can lose to a rogue 1v1:

1. No Reflective Shield
    2. Low Resilience
    3. Out gears you
    4. Fail
    Really? Back when I was Disc, I had 1050 Resil, and I DID have Reflective Shield. I even made a thread about it, and while some people like you just said "noob" "fail" "lol disc facerolls rogue" and the like, others said that Rogue counters Disc hard.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

I find that the skill of the rogue dictates how easy/difficult they are to kill, as shadow or disc. Though the same could probably be said for most classes, timing is probably one of the most important skills for a rogue in pvp.

Just started some 2v2s with my rogue friend last week and I have to say it's fun. Neither of us had any Arena experience going in, so it was a little rocky in the beginning, but we're beginning to get into a groove. More often than not, they are actually going for my rogue Partner than me. There are only a few teams where we just get blown out of the sky, especially annoying was the RetPally/Prot Warrior combo we ran into a few times. They were in PvE gear, as far as I could tell, and just burst through us (the pally more than the warrior ofc). Anyone got an idea?
    The first time we were just surprised to see that combo and didn't have a strat ready. The second time we sapped the Pally and worked on the warrior but we lost that one to a couple of our mistakes, mostly because we didn't coordinate our cc on the pally well enough. We haven't encountered them since, but I think we are going to stick with that...
    [flash=450,80]http://wow.ukgl.co.uk/wow.swf?s=US&r=Mug'thol&n=Banibaq&h?=.swf[/flash]

Quote Originally Posted by Phenetix
    I smash SPriests with my Lock. Yum.
    Grats on vs awful shadow priests.

Silence -> Full dots -> Disperse and run at lock, trinket any fear, Fear them, MB/MF, grats.

i dont love melting peoples faces.. i prefer to do something else to them

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    Like you, I started off with Disc pvp because all I heard was "Disc is god in PvP". Well.....no. I got my ass handed to me by rogues, and being a healer, everyone always targeted me first. A PvP-savvy friend of mine said I should go Shadow, so I did. And I was like "ZOMGWTF! This is fun as hell!" Nothing feels better than nuking people in PvP. :P
    Disc priests that get their ass handed to them by rogues are undergeared/underskilled. Disc priests are pretty much a direct counter to rogues in 1v1.

In response to the posters that said that they have difficulty with resto druids, what you do is dispel, dispel, dispel. Have your partner(s) do the burning down while you dispel them like mad until they're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Auraye
    In response to the posters that said that they have difficulty with resto druids, what you do is dispel, dispel, dispel. Have your partner(s) do the burning down while you dispel them like mad until they're dead.
    Throwing in your fears and silence are good too, if you get the chance. But I definitely agree, the best course of action with a resto druid is to dispel your ass off, and let someone else kill it.

I used to hate PVP as a shadow priest because I would always get my ass handed to me by everyone and it seemed like every 1 on 1 was an uphill battle. I've tried it again after getting PVE'd out, and I agree it's a ton of fun.

First of all I play in my PVE gear with a PVE spec, but I really enjoy just sitting in the background and bombing the shit out of unsuspecting players. The thing I love most is that feeling of getting all 3 DoTs on someone and then thinking "Now you're fucked" because it will usually automatically kill most players if their duration runs out without any external help. For example, some random guy doesn't want to fight while they are mounted because they have other plans in mind, well too bad, because I just spent under 2.5 seconds to get my DoTs on you and you're going to be dead no matter how far you run from me .

Also I love SotA because I can just sit on demos, be in the cluster, and rape without having to worry about getting touched. And plus, Mind Flay is just unfair for the melee trying to kill demos, haha. But yeah, when a full game plays out, I can usually top overall damage with something in the 1 to 1.5 million damage range.

Oh, I also love how healers can eat shit no matter geared they are if I can just stand there and cast on them. Even if they can run around and self-cast to death, they are going down inevitably, hah.

Shadow is a blast in BGs, especially if you are geared.

ow do you distinguish a decent Spriest from a very good one?

I mean it...how do you? The playstyle is sooo fixed and based on the same pve'ish rotation every fight...
    Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Rifee
    ow do you distinguish a decent Spriest from a very good one?

I mean it...how do you? The playstyle is sooo fixed and based on the same pve'ish rotation every fight...
    The distinguishing factor is probably just like any other class, where and how you choose to use your CD abilities. Silencing a healer when you're trying to burst down dps, saving your dispersion ONLY for the dmg reduction (I can't tell you how many times I go oom in BG's and get cocky and use dispersion to get mana back faster than sitting down and drinking, only to run into a rogue or warrior and get my face pwned while stunned).

The playstyle is also not as fixed as you might think. Trying to burn down a pally who keeps cleansing himself? spam VT, it hits like a friggin mack truck when dispelled, and you can probably get the pally to dispel 3 of them or so before he realizes whats killing him. There's different techniques for different encounters. If you're using the same rotation all the time then you probably are NOT a good spriest.

shadow priests are on of the best toons for pvp i think

Quote Originally Posted by darkstar899
    shadow priests are on of the best toons for pvp i think
    Right now they are, seeing as they have no glaring counter, and they're quite easy to play.