Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFG System in CAT, Not Fair for Non-Tanks?

for the rush to 85

do any of you believe this system will be a added advantage for Tank Spec classes in CAT, when it comes to LvLing fastest for Server Achievement?

I know you have to discover the instance first, but how hard will that be? the new lvl cap is only +5.
    Even though it will take the same amount of time to get to max as it did from 70-80,

But how intimidating is a lvl 83, 85 NPC to a tank spec player? They can easily explore for Instance locations, and get instant queues for Dungeons.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Re: LFG System in CAT, Not Fair for Non-Tanks?

Pretty sure if you are pushing server first instances with random peeps is not the way to go.
    Or dungeons in general for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    for the rush to 85

do any of you believe this system will be a added advantage for Tank Spec classes in CAT, when it comes to LvLing fastest for Server Achievement?

I know you have to discover the instance first, but how hard will that be? the new lvl cap is only +5.
    Even though it will take the same amount of time to get to max as it did from 70-80,

But how intimidating is a lvl 83, 85 NPC to a tank spec player? They can easily explore for Instance locations, and get instant queues for Dungeons.
    What do you want them to do? Set a minimum 15 minute queue for tanks?

15+ Year Old Account

I think as far as people going for server firsts go, they will have their guilds behind them so I don't think the LFG system even comes in to play.

Leveling is not as efficient in dungeons as it is while questing. That said we do get the advantage of gearing up faster than others, grabbing upgrades through normal dungeons and then grinding once we hit 85.

Remember that the other 4 people would have to go and find them too...
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

10+ Year Old Account

I thought they where going to take Server 1st Achievements for lvl 85 out of the game
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

This assumption is based on a false premise (that the LFG system inherently aids tanks in gaining a group). However, the LFG system merely assembles groups based on need. With or without the LFG system, there is a demand for tanks, and they will get groups quicker than others.

If you don't have a tank, healer, and 2 other dps to queue with on the way to 85, you're either casual enough that server first achievements shouldn't matter to you anyways, or you're an asshat/idiot/both and nobody in your guild and/or on your server likes you.

And I'm not trolling you, seriously, it shouldn't be that hard for you to be friends with a tank who can level at the same time as you if you're that concerned about server firsts.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Haruno
    I thought they where going to take Server 1st Achievements for lvl 85 out of the game
    I was under this impression myself, cant remember a post about blizz confirming it so it might've just been a troll on a forum : <
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    You damn dirty apes!

Dungeon running as everyone is leveling is iffy at best. Barely anyone knows the fights, for one thing.

Generally, people who go for server first achievements (which I'm not even sure will exist anymore) do so through grinding or questing with the backing of a large group of people.

Anyway, the queue times favoring tanks and healers is a good thing, imo. Makes more people want to learn and fill those roles.

Dungeon leveling with random groups assembled by the lfg tool is not competitive in speed (for first achievements).

The following methods are faster:
    - Questing, knowing the quests beforehand from beta or having a good and already functioning quest guide.
    - AoE-Grinding certain spots, maybe even with a dedicated healer on your side.
    - Chain-instancing with a competent premade group.

For really fast leveling, all methods can be modified by having pure helpers on your side. You tag mobs and your companions help by downing the mobs and healing you while they are not grouped with you. This means a huge sacrifice on the helpers part, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by azrielen
    Dungeon running as everyone is leveling is iffy at best. Barely anyone knows the fights, for one thing.

Generally, people who go for server first achievements (which I'm not even sure will exist anymore) do so through grinding or questing with the backing of a large group of people.

Anyway, the queue times favoring tanks and healers is a good thing, imo. Makes more people want to learn and fill those roles.
    Assuming dungeon exp stays about on par with how its been since VC, I would expect that a group of people who learned all the fights in beta and know where all the dungeons are located at would level incredibly fast, unless blizz goes with more UK like dungeons that are moronically long with much less trash than they should have.

There always have been less tanks than anything else, healers not too far behind generally speaking. However, I'm willing to bet dps that have the capabilites of going to tank spec just for a short period of time will do so so they can find groups faster and therefore there will probably be a fair amount of tanks when people start to ding 85, particularly since they are removing defense. But, having dinged 80 after about a week of launch and probably being in the top 5 or 10% of players at best to do so, I really didn't have too hard of a time in the beginning finding groups on my hunter, granted I did make friends with a tank DK and priest healer and went with them when I could.

Deleted

tanks aint that hard to find in the "lvling" levels, in that range,healers are more rare, since they are slowest to quest with (since there are ppl that just quest, and not go for server first). i leveled my paladin as a tank from 1-70, played some holy on 70 for fun, leveled again from 70-80 as tank, only then did i go full holy. now im trying to gear up both my tanking and retri sets again, to be ready for cata, since im planning on leveling as tank again, im sure there will be more ppl like me, since all tanks can do quite some dmg, certainly in bigger packs of mobs. healers will have a hardered time killing mobs then tank i would say, i know that goes for paladins for sure.

Tanks aren't any more needed than healers, with dual spec the LFD should remain pretty similar to how it is now. Plus smart questing with a friend or support toon is by far the best way to level, not LFD.

I am not looking forward to the lfg system in Cata. Its bad enough when the instance has been around for months, if its new....my god I can just see the mistakes and general asshatery that will take place.

I dont think Its going to give tanks an advantage over others in lving. Thought should they chose to do instances more than quests they will pretty much get auto joines while the rest of us have to wait ten minutes or more. The same as it is now.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

I'm amazed that no-one else has mentioned this yet.

Questing, you will be in competition with a large portion of the server for mobs/lootables, as everyone will be levelling again after just buying cata.

Dungeoning, there is NO competition at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    I think as far as people going for server firsts go, they will have their guilds behind them so I don't think the LFG system even comes in to play.
    This.

It is only feasible to be Server First if you do it as a Guild.

I sure hope Blizz does something that disallows people from using the LFG feature for the 80-85 dungeons, at least for a while.