Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sitting in Dalaran Waiting for a Summon...

... is one of my pet peeves. I pug raids more than I like, and its completely inevitable that someone, quite possibly many someones, will be too lazy to get their ass to the instance.

So next time I run a PuG I'm thinking I might say, subtract 10 from the rolls of any lazy people.

Thoughts?

Re: Sitting in Dalaran Waiting for a Summon...

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalseran
    ... is one of my pet peeves. I pug raids more than I like, and its completely inevitable that someone, quite possibly many someones, will be too lazy to get their ass to the instance.

So next time I run a PuG I'm thinking I might say, subtract 10 from the rolls of any lazy people.

Thoughts?
    Are you calling people lazy for not going to the instance to summon so you dont need to go to the instance to be the one that summons?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Sigh.. Hate people that stay in dalaran for a summon

Just like, When we do VoA, and people ask for a summon that are in Dalaran.

Srsly wth? take portal to wg and ur there o_O.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalseran

Thoughts?
    I just organise a replacement and remove them from the raid.

VoA is the worst. There is no reason not to just run there from Dalaran. I have occasionally seen the portal bugged but that hasn't happened in a while. For other instances you should start flying their once the raid is near full. Summoning should only be needed if it's actually needed, eg you are in the old world with your hearthstone on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s
    Summoning should only be needed if it's actually needed, eg you are in the old world with your hearthstone on CD.
    It's so hard to take the boat from Stormwind to Northrend and fly. So hard.

15+ Year Old Account

Agreed.

It's annoying as shit. It happens, occasionally, where there's only one person there, and these dumbasses constantly spam "SUMMON PLZ," regardless if you tell them YOU CAN'T YET.

I don't pug raids too often, just the weekly VoA and sometimes ToC25, but ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenII
    it's not that it's hard but chances are it's quicker to be summoned in that case..
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

The only people who should expect a summon are the person recruiting people for the raid and the few people he's just recruited. Everyone else better be there or expect to be replaced.

If I make a pug, I have a simple rule: once the raid is complete, you have 3 minutes to come to the instance or to come up with a good reason why you can't (eg. hearth cd) If not, you will be replaced without warning.

Is so hard to right click a freaking stone ? rly people ? who gives a fuck, I just want to do the instance as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Belian
    Is so hard to right click a freaking stone ? rly people ? who gives a fuck, I just want to do the instance as fast as possible.
    That's exactly the point, and summoning people is a waste of time, so stop slacking mon.

But what about ToC? Thats so far away from Dalaran

No lewts, simple. And a GM ticket to have their emblems revoked.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Belian
    Is so hard to right click a freaking stone ?
    No but doing it 23 times because most of the raid think they are too special to get anywhere without a summon is unnecessary.

Trouble is, 2-3 people out of the 10-12 people that are already there are willing to click the portal, so it ends up taking 2-3 minutes to summon everyone, time that people tend to decide that they need to get a drink, or walk the dog, or take a shower, leading to even more time waiting for AFKers.

Another good example of this is in a recent case of mine. I was in a Hyjal pug for the acheivement, and there was like half the raid sitting in Dalaran.. waiting for a summon.

To the caverns of time.

When there's a portal to it in the citadel in Dal.

I hate people.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenII
    In that case, a summon would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by allay
    But what about ToC? Thats so far away from Dalaran
    No, it's not. The flight point takes maybe 2 minutes? Oh and AT tabard works too...

Haha, I had one recently, this huntard was at the tournament grounds and wouldn't come down to ICC. People told him to just fly down and he claims he doesn't have cold weather flying... Lol someone gear checks him (Raid leader was assuming people were good and didnt bother to check), Mostly heroics gear, no gems no enchants.

Someone tells the raid leader and /raid kick

Lesson of the day "if you are sneaking into a raid under geared, dont bitch about a summon when you are in the same zone as the instance lol"

It's too frequent to have two brave players who have to summon the whole raid ... It take a mad long time to do that, and what do the people when they eventually get their precious summon ?

- mash their /cry for a summon macro
    - Do nothing, afk, crying 10 minutes later for a summon when the raid is ready.
    - Rush like zerg in the instance, with great fear for their purplz, without thinking a damn seconde that it would take so much less time to summon everybody if anyone who get a summon summons somebody ...
    - Stand in the path, rushing afk, without helping.
    - /random uselss stuff

In the same way, we have thousands of locks who seems to not know how to use their summoning portal ... I mean, when someone in the raid need to do a quick visit to a city (which is already fail), it should take less than 5 secondes to have a mage making a portal, a lock making his summon stone, and everyone is happy.

What I often see : I make the port away from the raid in the second as a mage, hoping that a lock make his stone : no lock react, and all the retards jump in the portal and flood the chanal with "lolol wtf ??!!8? ??? :'( ???"

/sight

Players are so selfish nowadays.