Black Magic vs Spellpower

Curious what you fellow warlocks thought about using black magic over spellpower on weapon?

Im a demo lock so the haste proc wouldnt be to bad i suppose. Yet to try it out though, wanted to see what others thought

Re: Black Magic vs Spellpower

I'd say keep the SP enchant to further increase the amount of spellpower your raid get.

www.Ronin-guild.eu

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

As a demo lock u r in the raids because of zomfg rough 600sp buff that u provide.If u are in a proper raiding guild u can understand that even the 6sp difference (unless ofc u are raiding with something like 2-4 casters ) between using SP weap enchant and Black magic , worth more than ur several extra Sbolts casted due to haste from black magic :>

15+ Year Old Account

250 haste x 10s duration / (35s ICD + 3s to proc (50%)) = ~66 Haste, on average

Considering that you get 63 spell power for the same enchant slot, Haste must be worth 95.4% (63/66) of your Spell Power coefficient for this to be worth while.

My scale factors are 1.9647 SP and 1.9273 Haste. 1.9647 SP x .954 = 1.8743, meaning this would work for me and be a tiny dps increase. However, since Demo is my offspec I need to ensure I have two weapons. Since my only other weapon is a staff, I have to re-evaluate: 81 / 66 = 122.7% Haste is the lower stat, this won't work for me. My MH/OH combo has way too much hit rating on it to make up for the stat difference.

Therefore, in both of my situations, SP is the better bet.

You might want to check yours.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by yekeyeke
    As a demo lock u r in the raids because of zomfg rough 600sp buff that u provide.If u are in a proper raiding guild u can understand that even the 6sp difference (unless ofc u are raiding with something like 2-4 casters ) between using SP weap enchant and Black magic , worth more than ur several extra Sbolts casted due to haste from black magic :>
    I would have to agree, since you are a demo warlock you should be hording as much spell power as possible for Demonic Pact.

This debate, Black Magic vs Spellpower, has been going on for a while...for affliction. It's never been a real debate for demo. Spellpower enchant is better for demo, because one of the biggest reasons for playing demo is the raid buff. Even if Black Magic is a small dps upgrade for you, it will be an overall dps loss for the raid. If you gaining a small amount of dps means all other casters losing a small amount of dps (and heals, let's not forget they benefit from Demonic Pact too), it's a bad decision for the raid as a whole.

Thanks for the replys!
    Spellpower it is