Page 1 of 2
LastLast

US player on EU server

i asked someone about this and they said it is as simple as getting my friend to download the data from the EU site, but they also mentioned something about manually patching. anyone know anyone that has played on a different set of servers and how easy it is to get going? IS it that easy?

Deleted

Re: US player on EU server

I did it the other way around and all I did was the same as EU just on the US website.

and does your autopatching work just fine?

as far as i know you will need Eu CD Keys (so you would need to buy Eu versions of the game aswell as time cards) to play on eu servers
    /l、
    (゚、 。 7  Tremble at the might of the LICH KITTY!!!
     l、 ~ヽ  . 
     じしl_, )ノ

yeah i figured that, already planning on buying the cd's from here.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

It's as simple as purchasing and installing an EU version of the game - you can download the client from the wow-europe.com website, and get somebody living in Europe to buy a copy of the game for you (generally cheaper than buying it from wow-europe). Server maintenance, patches, etc will occur at the usual EU times (on Wednesday), and you'll be able to patch without any (related) issues using the standard Downloader.

Only thing i would worry about is ping there is some site you can test your ping for eu servers but i forget the name of it (i will see if i can find it)

/l、
     l、 ~ヽ  . 
     じしl_, )ノ

perfect, i'll buy her the games n give her the codes, n prolly have to do some timecards too as i would imagine the EU site won't take her US credit card

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillv1
    perfect, i'll buy her the games n give her the codes, n prolly have to do some timecards too as i would imagine the EU site won't take her US credit card
    but them on ebay there cheap
    /l、
     l、 ~ヽ  . 
     じしl_, )ノ

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Your friend won't have problems paying a monthly subscription for an EU account with a US credit card.

oh that's cool, i thought there might be some clash with it.

n sky i can get em cheaper from a shop (i work there)

oh that's cool, i thought there might be some clash with it.

n sky i can get em cheaper from a shop (i work there)
    oh hehe

well goodluck may i ask why you want to your us friend to play on eu server?
    /l、
     l、 ~ヽ  . 
     じしl_, )ノ

because i have all 10 classes at level 80 on an EU server, and don't really feel like starting again just to play with her

I live in Los Angeles and play on an eu server all you need is the EU version of the game.

because i have all 10 classes at level 80 on an EU server, and don't really feel like starting again just to play with her
    oh well that makes sense that a very nice gift Powerleveling ftw and don't forgot to ref
    /l、
     l、 ~ヽ  . 
     じしl_, )ノ

ha thought of that, i can't RAF cuz i can't make anymore on the server

but carebear if i get that rocket mount!

oh hehe well atleast you can powerlevel them (lets hope you got a prot pally)

/l、
     l、 ~ヽ  . 
     じしl_, )ノ

got everything ^^ i'm prepared n geared for every possible situation!

tbh i think the time i will save using my motorbike mount driving around between quests is likely to balance out what i will miss from the triple exp anyway, plus all the boosting will save many hours

and does your autopatching work just fine?
    im sure u can change your realmlist to the eu realmlist and it will let you auto patch for eu but yes you will need an original eu version of every game and need to buy eu time cards.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

ha thought of that, i can't RAF cuz i can't make anymore on the server

but carebear if i get that rocket mount!
    Correct me if I'm wrong but do you have to make new characters to get the mount? I thought by just RAF linking your account to your friend will make you legible for the mount. The only down side is your RAF friend wont get the triple XP bonus due to level differences.