Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Band Shirt Posers.

I actually buy all of my band shirts at the gigs/concerts of the band themselves (at least then we know it's official merchandise)

So far I have 5 Trivium shirts. Guess who my favourite band is
    I have 2 Slipknot shirts, from the 2 times I have seen them.
    I did have a Korn (Issues) shirt, but it's too small for me now.
    I have 3 festival shirts (Download 08,09. and Reading 08)
    One Army of Freshmen shirt.
    And one Maiden shirt.

I can pretty much say I am fans of these bands and not just fans of a couple of their songs I have heard my friends listening to. I don't even know any of my friends who like Korn... Quite sad really. Awesome band. So yeah, where the shirt to show your love of the band, not to prove anything to anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusttoes
    People like you make me laugh. I guess I could post another thread about gearscore or talk about how <insert raid> is too easy or <insert expansion> sucks. Because I guess those are SO important.

Or I can complain about a topic that isn't discussed much and bring something new to the forums rather then the same oldcrap that is reposted every day... hell every hour.

Would that make you happy?
    wow that kinda went right over your head huh, I meant the real world.
    Dinnerbone-because I binged your mother.

seriously, it's not a crime you know to wear something because you like how it looks - not my own personal way of doing things but sometimes the artwork is more important than the band behind it. That said all the band shirts i have (far too many for my own good!) are generally from shows i've been at or festivals i was at, it's kinda the memory inducement thing, i remember the shows from the shirts and there's a mighty load of them from Rush, Queen (+ Paul Rodgers - bah being too young to have seen the real thing!) through to Tenacious D & Wheatus, it's all about having fun! Besides, if i wanna be a poser i've got a ton of funny/sarcastic t-shirts i can use to better effect - or the king of all poser shirts, my Mooby's one!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusttoes
    0/10 for troll attempt. If it wasnt a troll attempt then 0/10 for intelligence level and you are lucky I even reply to you in this post. I don't like to speak with morons because I believe it may be contagious.
    So you realize i was right about you being an asshole so you just change the topic to trolling. If you don't like to speak with morons then please never talk again because you're a fucking moron.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Telric
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.
    I totally agree to this too. Maybe it would be a problem if you wore a Jonas Brothers shirt to a Disturbed concert, but otherwise you are simply expressing that you are a fan of the genre even if you don't yet own a shirt of the band you are going to see. I went to a Metallica concert and I didn't own a Metallica shirt... is there something wrong with me? I didn't go there for the opportunity to make a fashion statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues
    I totally agree to this too. Maybe it would be a problem if you wore a Jonas Brothers shirt to a Disturbed concert, but otherwise you are simply expressing that you are a fan of the genre even if you don't yet own a shirt of the band you are going to see. I went to a Metallica concert and I didn't own a Metallica shirt... is there something wrong with me? I didn't go there for the opportunity to make a fashion statement.
    Going to a concert wearing a T-shirt with that band's logo seems somewhat redundant, doesn't it?

15+ Year Old Account

Ahh I love it when this happens and I call them on it, make me feel good inside.

I went to a party and wore a Avenged Sevenfold(I own all their albums and have seen them live 3 times, I love them) and there was a guy with the same shirt on, when I was like so whats your favorite song all could name was Beast and the Harlot. That's when I walked away, pretty sure he only knew it because of Guitar hero 3 -.-

Edit: As for wearing different band shirt to the concert your going, I really don't have a problem with it. Usually I wear plain shirts cause most of the time mine end up bloody/muddy/sweaty/dirty from moshing.

I wouldn't wear a shirt of a band I don't listen to, but it doesn't bother me that much if some kid who never heard Metallica wears a Metallica shirt. It's just a shirt after all. I get bothered by kids trying to dress really hardcore you know just for attention and respect. Little posers they are
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

I like a ton of different bands, but fuck dude you don't have to know every single album and pick your favorite to wear a shirt. There is no entitlement to wear a damn shirt.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cares
    Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

I have three band shirts. I have a NIN shirt from back in 'Broken' days. I don't wear it because its awesome. I have a tool shirt, it's all ripped up though, was from around Lateralus. And I have a Smashing Pumpkins shirt that a girl gave me to wear at her house and she never got it back.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I wear Iron Maiden shirt quite much even i dont listen to them so much any more. Also @ lokann, Apocalyptica rox, theyre from finland also!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandarth View Post
    Also @ lokann, Apocalyptica rox, theyre from finland also!
    Surprising how many people on mmo-champ have a good taste in music <3
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

yeah but i think the truth is that there's an unwritten rule that you HAVE to have atleast one of the following, no one really knows why but it just is the rule!

Iron Maiden t-shirt
    AC/DC t-shirt
    Rolling Stones t-shirt
    Led Zeppelin t-shirt

(incidentally 3 out of 4)
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    I have the Slipknot Duality T-shirt somewhere, doesnt fit anymore.

Blame Hot Topic, ask someone wearing a Bad Religion T to even name one of their songs, hell they can't even point out the ones in the Tony Hawk games...
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

Yeah, i've seen people with Bullet for my Valentine shirts that didn't even know there was text on his/hers 'Cool design'. REPRESENT!

Ugh, who cares, did it make you feel good to put the kid down?
    Advertising a brand is pretty lame in the first place.
    I wear my own band's shirts all the time, can I name one of our songs? No not really.

Hell I even have a Oakridge Boys shirt and I've never ever heard of them.
    Last edited by Yoshimoto; 2010-06-28 at 05:34 PM.

It just used to be the way you could spot people
    that had similar interests, but now you never know.
    Not that people really talk to one another "offline" anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm View Post
    Real men go to concerts shirtless.

PLAY FREE BIRD
    This lmfao

But in all seriousness i hate that, being in a band this happens 2 me alot, for example ill get off stage to talk to a group of fans or friends, and ill say like oh you listen to (instert Band here), oh i love them, then you continue talking and walk away thinking wtf was tht kid doing.