T10 gear vs off-tier emblem pieces

I'm talking about stuff like Logsplitters, Longstrider's Vest (or whatever it's called)...gear you can buy with Frosties that aren't actual tier pieces. Looking at stats, it seems like these pieces are better sometimes. I've got 4pcT10 and DW's legs, I just wonder if the 4pc bonus beats out an apparent loss in stats. Any thoughts?

Thanks to Cthulhu Ftagn for the awesome sig!

Re: T10 gear vs off-tier emblem pieces

As I understand it, unless you have T10.25 or higher, having the T10 2pc bonus and the T9 2pc bonus is far superior to having the T10 4 pc.

As for the non-set gear, I THINK the consensus is that the gloves are the best to have.

10+ Year Old Account

No, the legs from Ldw are the best non tier piece.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

4pc t10 is good, although as mentioned, 245 t9 2 set (head/legs) and 2 piece t10 (shoulders/chest) with the logsplitters as the offpiece, unless if you can get 2 pieces of your 4 set t10 sanctified. If you are still using 232 t9, the stats on t10 outweigh the orgasmic 2 set.

I currently use 4 piece t10, with the dw legs, with everything but the shoulders sanctified.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    No, the legs from Ldw are the best non tier piece.
    She was asking about the pieces bought with Frost Emblems, so I didn't include anything outside of that.

Very glad to get serious responses, I was expecting "LOL l2gear". Only my chestpiece is sanctified at the moment and it will probably take a good while to get any more tokens; I only raid ICC25 one night a week (our guild pairs up with another). I recently was lucky enough to get Deathbringer's Will, best trinket EVAR, so I'm raiding MM full time (used to be SV) and slowly making the gem switch from agi to arpen. I'll link my armory, pointers are appreciated. (feel free to LOL at my gun, what can I say, I'm a dorf)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...as&cn=Michaela

Thanks to Cthulhu Ftagn for the awesome sig!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul
    She was asking about the pieces bought with Frost Emblems, so I didn't include anything outside of that.
    Which is why you shouldn't waste frost emblems on off-tier pieces.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

you gemmed arp too early

www.femaledwarf.com - read it, learn it, use it, love it.

# Your Auto Shots have a 5% chance to cause you and your pet to deal 15% additional damage for 10 sec. (Ahn'Kahar Blood Hunter's Battlegear 2pc bonus) - 473.9 DPS

# When your Serpent Sting and Wyvern Sting abilities deal damage, you have a 5% chance to gain 20% attack power for 10 sec. (Ahn'Kahar Blood Hunter's Battlegear 4pc bonus) - 237.58 DPS

With VOA and 25man / 10man heroics all dropping tokens, t10.264 gear is crazy easy to obtain so t9 shouldn't take a place in your gearset for very long at all.

u want the legs from deathwhisper of crafted 264 legs, they have identical stats and like 4dps between them on the spreadsheet. u can get the saronite for crafted legs with emblems ;D