Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Why Hunters are STILL called Huntards

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra
    Hey, wouldn't it be funny if, in a thread where people are ragging on the OP for wrongly generalizing an entire population, someone else wrongly generalized an entire population?

Yeah, it sure would!
    Yes it would

>> ITT: Butthurt huntards attempting to defend their own stupidity with more stupidity and the internet hippies that defend them.

Its like Peta for mentally challenged Classes ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth
    Why Huntards Exist:

The class is easy to level using only a few basic abilities.

Then you get to raid content, and you're no longer levelling. And all of a sudden, those 15 or 16 abilities you purchased or spec'd into way back when are given a second look.

And then you have a choice: relearn your class, or just play the way you always played and hope for the best.

Not everyone takes the time to relearn their class.

EDIT: Sadly some of us levelled after TBC and can't CC for ****. I'm working on it though.
    Edit: It's not so much to relearn, as it is to learn a new play style.

That is a good chunk of why such a large portion of the population plays like absolute shit these days. People who aren't made to utilize those abilities will not think to use them.

The other large portion is pretty much that with more of the game accessible to "the bads", the more you see "the bads".

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyStanger
    LK: nope. so for 2/3 out of 12, hunters have to actually do something out of the ordinary.
    So you don't utilize hunters to tranq shot the shamblers when they enrage? When they fail to do that is the only time we wipe in P1 for LK...

10+ Year Old Account

I think we're seeing there's too much stupid for just one or two classes to monopolize it
    /s

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by demonicfrost
    same happens for retri paladins and arcane mage.
    Pally i agree... Mages i deny completely!

See somethings were added to the OP. First off, you can not keep loot from anyone in the raid, that violates the new Ninja Loot Policy. While I agree the player was bad, if what u say is true, you and your raid leader violated the ToS and I hope the guy reports you. When loot rules are established you can not violate them simply because a player is bad. If they are in on the kill they are eliegible for loot the same as everyone else. What your RL should have done is wiped the fight, at least to reset the weekly, then kick the Hunter from the group for his poor behavior and performance.

Also, like others have said, if you are going to attack a group of ppl as a whole you can expect them to attack back as a whole. There is nothing wrong with the Hunter class being easy or OP but since it has no real faults ppl have to resort to grade school insults like Huntard. Of all the classes I'm fairly sure Paladins get complained about the most, maybe DKs depending on what Nerf/Buff they get hit with each and every patch.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    This belongs in the PvP forums. I have seen much worse incidents of hunters being huntards. As people have said though, every class has its fair share of spastic players. Within any given population, a certain percentage are below the intelligence threshold. It's life; it's fate; it's unavoidable. The trick is being able to deal with mindbending durpadurpa moments that special players throw at those around them.

I tell you that I'd never have believed this if I hadn't seen the screenshot.

Deleted

haha, i LOL'ed at the chat ;D

OT; well, i have also encountered those *cough*idiots*cough*. hwoever, i have also seen some nice hunters doing around 8-10k dps in voa, knowing their class, giving MDs and such. you were just kinda unlucky

I think the reason people call hunters "Huntards" is because everyday in dalaran you see atleast 1 or 2 hunters stacking STR and spellpower

Same goes with Spellpower DKs

Those are the two most common bads you will see, and MABY once a month you see a melee mage or Int rogue

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Belize
    Pally i agree... Mages i deny completely!
    Well, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Realistically though I'm just gunna guess that you play a mage? lol. I play 2 servers pretty often for my horde and alliance toons and as of the last couple of months, Arcane mages are sprouting up like weeds. You can't get rid of them and alot of them are really really bad. (Hitting blizzard in VoA when the orbs spawn, etc)

Anyway, this topic is pretty tired. Even more so then Hunters and even Deathknights are the ret paladins in my opinion. I'm sure I'm far from the only person who think so. They're getting super bad. Plus there's the extra kicker of them being a class that has 2 "useful" roles and they're still choosing to download an addon that tells them what button to press next and dps.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I dont respect hunters as a enh shaman but i have even less respect for paladins or any tank who thinks just because hes the tank he'll call the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth
    See somethings were added to the OP. First off, you can not keep loot from anyone in the raid, that violates the new Ninja Loot Policy.
    I'm not aware of this, anyone have a source as to what he's referring to?

The moral to the story is this:

Bad players are bad. Some learn and get better, some refuse to learn; convinced that "their way" is the "right way".

My personal stance is that if someone is unwilling to learn, and bad (DK stacking SP, hunter stacking str, etc.) just let them be bad. So long as it is not impacting you negatively, they are free to play the game as they choose, no matter how misguided.

However, when their "badness" starts to encroach on your enjoyment, one of the two of you need to be removed from the situation. Flaming them doesn't work. Bees to honey, etc.

Honestly, though, I would rather play with a nice guy who plays a DK stacking spell power than I would spend a moment with the "anal"-spamming, thunderfury-linking loltards in trade chat every day.

Quote Originally Posted by demonicfrost
    same happens for retri paladins and arcane mage.
    Same happens with every class. What people forget is the avg. Iq is like 90 and when you couple that with young people you get drooling idiots. How people hit 80 and do 1k dps or only spam one heal or can't hold aggro is beyond me. Some people just play "for fun" which is their excuse for being terrible. Learn to laugh at them and kcik them from rqaid.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

I agree with most of the posters here that say that you shouldn't make generalizations about a class without expecting to get a lot of shit for it. Notice that when people assume that you are ret or retarded that you get upset? Yea. Take that to heart.

I will admit, as a hunter, I see a lot of other hunters that are straight up retarded... but I see that a lot from EVERY class. Not just hunters. Especially since I started healing on my druid, I notice the retardation much more than before. It comes from every class, and every age group, not just douche-bag idiots and 12 year olds.

Get your foot out of your mouth, your head out of your ass, and just play the damned game.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranger
    I dont respect hunters as a enh shaman but i have even less respect for paladins or any tank who thinks just because hes the tank he'll call the shots.
    You steal the hunters loot, not the other way around, but ya I agree about the tank thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben
    Same happens with every class. What people forget is the avg. Iq is like 90 and when you couple that with young people you get drooling idiots. How people hit 80 and do 1k dps or only spam one heal or can't hold aggro is beyond me. Some people just play "for fun" which is their excuse for being terrible. Learn to laugh at them and kcik them from rqaid.
    Playing for fun is never an excuse for being terrible; it's a cop-out.

I myself don't pursue the "lolhardcore leetraider" style of play anymore. I play "for fun". Just because I'm playing for fun doesn't mean I'm ok with idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Galladon
    At the OP. If you are serious about this, then you seriously are a retard.

Coming from a Warrior.

Edit: I think anyone generalizing another class, such as the OP, should really take a look at themselves. It's stupid, old, and the word 'huntard' never was fun.
    Huntard... *giggle*

Seriously though, the fact of the matter is... Hunters aren't actually stupid by standard... it's just... ... As an instantcast-based ranged with a pet on crack that likes to charge anything not within 10 yards... They tend to do the most damage to the team effort. It's sad but true. :< If a hunter tabs to some mob not yet aggro'd and his auto shot was on BAM! EXTRA FUN! If that pet is on Aggressive and the Hunter didn't think to turn it off BAM! Extra Extra fun! If the pet is on defensive but growl is on and the DPS pull Aggro quickly followed by the Healer BAM! AWESOME STORY BRO!

Sorry, but Melee can't do that kinda stuff without deliberate intention and ranged have cast bars that give them time to say OSHI- and interrupt their cast. :P

It's not that Hunters are that stupid as a whole... It's just Hunters are the most dangerous by far, able to turn a badge-farm into a serious FUBAR moment with just a single innocent mistake. :P

so w8 icc25 PUG and yer pissed about a hunter who did 4k dps and didnt get to roll on loot he wanted? WTF. Not sayign 4k is hot shit but 4k si fine for a pug. Why exactly couldnt he roll on loot clearly im missing something.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

becuse some hunter is stupido.i mean sometime there is stupido hunter=bad but i think nightelf hunter=best becuse i have see it