Razer Naga Tracking Issue

Hey folks, only posting this here because I have seen a few other threads in this section about Naga problems.... kinda hoping that someone may have been having the same problems as I have.

Had my Naga about 6 months now, ye its ok to make life easier, although on my main Prot War, tanking isnt always a pleasure with it, heroic strike spam in prot or fury is annoying so I use keyboard for that, and the Naga for all else. Oh it does make my Ele Shaman the easiest class in the world to play.....

The Issue however that i am having is the tracking of the mouse.

Horizontal Tracking is perfect, no issue at all. The Vertical Tracking however is awful to the point where I have extreme difficulty even moving to click a loot window for instance. When in the heat of battle, it is almost impossible to use the mouse for targetting due to the un-predictable nature of the Vertical tracking. I have had to resort to tab/shift-tab targetting and it is really affecting my game play. Tanking is bad enough, when trying to use the mouse to chage which totems I want TotemTimers to use, its ridiculous now.

Have sent numerous emails to Razer Support, they do the usual advice - update drivers, clean the sensor lens, change mouse mat (I paid bad money for a Vespula double sided mousemat, i do not expect to have to bin it because the Naga doesnt work with it), update firmware each time after changing drivers.. I have done this all and the problem is not getting any better so i am asking for an RMA from Razer, but of course wondering if anyone else here has experienced the same problems?

At least the buttons not working has been fixed, for the most part, I got used to alt-tabbing out and back in to make it work.....

Thanks in advance

/Boom

Edit - The tracking issue is not just in WoW, its always there in windows and other programs...

Deleted

Re: Razer Naga Tracking Issue

I use a Naga myself, but I havn't been in the driver menu for a looong time..

.. But I do remember from my old Deathadder that in the driver menu you could set the sensitivity for horizontal/vertical tracking. Try digging into the "Advanced" menus

GLuck-

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Exileos
    I use a Naga myself, but I havn't been in the driver menu for a looong time..

.. But I do remember from my old Deathadder that in the driver menu you could set the sensitivity for horizontal/vertical tracking. Try digging into the "Advanced" menus

GLuck-
    This is your best bet whether it's a problem with the laser or not.

Try it on a book, tabletop or something.
    That will at least enable you to find out if it is the tracking on the surface that is at fault, where it does not like that specific mat, or something more general with the mouse itself.
    Bought a fancy mat myself for parents to use with laptop but the mouse simply would not work with it, so we continued to use the tabletop for a period of time until I gave them one which came with a new mouse I bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Hey I have to interject in this thread here for a sec (giggity), while it's not Naga related, it is Razer related. Few months back I bought a Razer Mamba with one of their eXactMat mousepads, thinking it would compliment the mouse perfectly. Wrong. The mouse freezes and locks up randomly (especially if the mouse is lifted from the pad). Once I replaced the mousepad with some other soft touch one, the mouse tracks perfectly. Go figure.

update drivers and clean the lazzzzer *pew pew*
    Pretty sure it comes with a crazy long guarantee, so if all else fails <

Have u upgraded to the new frimware? not just the drivers.
    That should sort it out.

Deleted

Oh snap, forget my previous suggestion. Me, my friend (nickname - "S"), another friend and his little bro, we all have Nagas, and "S" just got the same problem as you. He decided to send a support-service email to Razer.

I just don't hope this happens to my Naga. <_<

Okay Lads, I was searching everywhere how to fix this and I understand this thread is extremely old. But I managed to find this 7 years later so people with the same issue now are still reading these kind of old threads. I fixed this fucking issue but going into Razer Synapse and calibrating a mouse pad. I don't use a razer mouse pad but just pick any mouse pad there and calibrate it and the lifting and skipping issue stopped for me.

Deleted
    Thanks! Worked for me too!