feral druids and you

Do you guys notice how common it is to use pve gear in arenas these days? I sure do. I run with 888res on my rogue, and most casters playing harrypottercleave tend to like to wear at least 5 pieces of pve gear.

However, as a feral druid, I'm being FORCED to wear full pvp gear and go for stam. Why? Reason simply being that we have limited defensive CDs. SI and barkskin? No where near enough.

When I tried playing at 897 res(20%arp 10.6k AP in cat, 66% crit), compared to my rogue's 888, I die at least 4x faster than my resil/stam set (34k hp 1.3k res, 10k AP, 60% crit, 0 arp).

The only way to counter this is to use the corroded skeleton key, but even that can do little for you against casters/hunters.

Why is this so, and what can be done? Breathe new life on feral please, blizzard. We have less than 1% representation above the 2.2k mark. And even the 'comp of the month' for ferals (MM/druid/Hpal) has all but 1 team above 2.2k in BG9.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: feral druids and you

I'm a feral druid and i go in arenas with only 500 resi and still we win like almost all the time, my partner is an dk with 1k resi works like a dream when ppl are stupid enough to stand and gank him instead of me when i come out of stealth

[Black Vantage][Mobo: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe][CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz]
    [GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz][SSD: OCZ Agility 120GB]
    [HDD: WD Caviar Green 1TB + 1TB Blue][Case: NZXT Switch 810][PSU: XFX Core Edition 750w][OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit]

I'm not talking about 1500s or 2s, I'm talking about post 2.3k MMR in 3s where is actually matters... (Don't even get me started about 5s for ferals)

Nice, your like a ret paladin.

No defensive utility outside of survival instincts.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Togepii
    When I tried playing at 897 res(20%arp 10.6k AP in cat, 66% crit), compared to my rogue's 888, I die at least 4x faster than my resil/stam set (34k hp 1.3k res, 10k AP, 60% crit, 0 arp).
    Of course you live longer in the resil stam setup -_- thats 400 resil. Lack of feral representation is mainly because resto is simply so much stronger. There were several rank 1 3s teams in s6 with ferals, simply because their damage and instant cyclone ensured a kill. Nowadays, people aren't dieing to that same combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

ray (~2800 rated feral) played with something along the lines of 9xx res I think
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Currently I'm running with 1230 resil and around 31.7k hp unbuffed. That is gemming for 90% agility with 1 resil gem and 3 spell pen. We are usually the tanks in 3s and our cooldowns aren't great and we have trouble interupting casters. The only solution is lots of resil or be good enough to LoS every single time anyone looks at you. Giving us a kick is going to help and so will extra stam in cata.(I'll be the optimist and say they get it right) But for now try running with a different healer/comp or be prepared to just get sat on all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Togepii
    I'm not talking about 1500s or 2s, I'm talking about post 2.3k MMR in 3s where is actually matters... (Don't even get me started about 5s for ferals)
    Because you asked, I have a 2.3k MMR in 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr
    I was unaware medieval prostitutes wore iron bras and panties.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Where in the world are pancakes and bacon not wed in the holy house of breakfast!?
    I will sunder this place from existence.