hc nibelung or hc maghari?

Hi, what are your thoughts about the subj?
    can't run a sim atm, as i am in raid, and can't decide whether to take that staff or pass it
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ndoun&cn=strah
    thanks

Re: hc nibelung or hc maghari?

Heroic Nibelung = 11769 dps
    Heroic Maghari = 11399 dps

Nibelung is dps increase according to simcraft, I imported you and replaced mainhand fyi.

10+ Year Old Account

If you have Nibelung, take the other one. If you have the other one don't take Nibelung, easy!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravemstr
    If you have Nibelung, take the other one. If you have the other one don't take Nibelung, easy!
    thx for the help tips.... not

heroic nibelung is better atm, till u can get dying light or w/e that 1 is

why a 2 hander?

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh
    why a 2 hander?
    Why not?
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

why a 2 hander?
    Clearly you are not a disciple of Kralnor.....

Nibelung by a good bit.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DrNemesis
    wow can't believe i never heard of this guy

Quote Originally Posted by KhameleonN
    wow can't believe i never heard of this guy
    Then you should definitely read these.. Teachings of Kralnor

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrazr
    thx for the help tips.... not
    Quote Originally Posted by felstorm
    Heroic Nibelung = 11769 dps
    Heroic Maghari = 11399 dps
    If you're going to get a staff at least get one with stats on it. If you take Nibelung(even HC) you're not only giving away a lot of haste and spirit, you're also giving away two slots worth of itemization points for a proc. Imo, that proc should be worth more than 370 dps.

If i'm giving away shorter cast times, faster Corruption ticks and a faster/better execute than that proc should be worth it. And it's not!

You may think "Yes, but it's a dps increase!", well, keep in mind that a lot of that dps increase comes from the fact that Nibelung HC is a higher iLvl weapon, thus has more Spell power. It's not only the proc that gives you that dps difference, it's also the extra spell power.

MH/OH are just better at stat distribution then staves. Even more so than a statless stave... You're underhit? Get a +hit OH. Overhit? Get an OH without hit! You can play with your weapons to get the best out of your gear. Move some hit over to your MH so you can wear those pants that just dropped that have a lot of haste...

Everyone who takes Nibelung says: "No Mr. Blizz sir, i don't need more stats, i'm haste capped, crit capped and i want a flashy worthless Val'kyr by my side so i can feel like the LK!"
    Leave Nibelung to those who can get haste capped. Locks can't!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

cant say for heroic but I prefer maghari normal over nibelung normal. Tried both cant seem to get the val kyrs to be worth more then the 4% haste from Maghari my lock gets. The spirit on normal maghari pretty much makes the SP equal between the 2 for my lock which is demo so (59% of spirit to SP)

Quote Originally Posted by DrNemesis
    I am well aware of that thread. Staff is the easy way out the right MH/OH is 99% of the time a better choice. MH/OH is 2 items as opposed to a staff which is one. This is why most people go after them imo. Flame on....
    I use heroic Marrowgar dagger and heroic BQ OH.

I am well aware of that thread. Staff is the easy way out the right MH/OH is 99% of the time a better choice. MH/OH is 2 items as opposed to a staff which is one. This is why most people go after them imo. Flame on....
    I use heroic Marrowgar dagger and heroic BQ OH.
    Unbeliever!

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not 100% sure about this, but, isn't it true that Nibelung's Valkyrs are not affected by the ICC buff, thus making it a lot less worth what it would be?

I got Nibelung 264 on the first week ICC was out and was really disappointed. I ended up using the Quel'Delar and a 245 hit/haste offhand from ToGC10 on most fights until I got Dying Light HC. Started using Nibelung a bit more when the proc rate was buffed and they self healed, but it was still a bit meh.

If you use DKP then I'd suggest not to waste it on Nibelung HC, wait for Dying Light HC or Rigormortis + Shadow Silk Spindle.