Page 1 of 2
LastLast

realy need help-shadow priest

Hello ! http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...kir&cn=Yvainne -my armory link
    I use : mindflay vt dp and then sw ...mf everytime ...mb when's off the cd and refresh the dots when necesary-
    Why do i do low dps? can someone explain me please?-doing in icc10 about 8k dps with the 20% buff ...i got a warlock in the group also
    Lightwell! It's gewd!

Re: realy need help-shadow priest

Quote Originally Posted by Shonubi
    I use : mindflay vt dp and then sw ...mf everytime ...mb when's off the cd and refresh the dots when necesary-
    Considering you just told us exactly how a shadowpriest works the only way you could be doing low dps is that your not actually doing it properly or don't have the correct buffs ..

Looking at JUST YOUR GEAR...I would say you could make a few tweaks. The rule I live by when gemming for color/bonus is, if the bonus is 7+sp or more. You've a couple pieces gemmed for color that might be better gemmed for straight Runed Cardinal Ruby.

But that doesn't seem to be the meat of the issue because on a whole your gemming and enchanting look fine. You could definately use a replacement for your trinkets(heroic muradins is sexy) I would have to guess that maybe its a rotational issue. Your opening rotation versus your sustained rotation. Does your guild record parses?

What is your opening rotation? Are you casting your main dmg dots after five stacks of shadowweaving? Are you perhaps cutting your dots off? How much haste do you have? Why are you still using a staff? Try for maybe Frozen bone spike and scorgelords baton or maybe just a better staff? After 2900 spell power you should probably enchant for blackmagic. Although to be entirely honest I don't know if thats true for staves.

Being that haste scales into spell power better then crit are you sure you're stacking your stats properly? Those are just some of the questions I'd be asking if I was you because I pull about 8.9k in ten mans on some bosses and I dont have any sanctified gear. So it sounds to me that maybe your issue is rotational or maybe(highly unlikely) a raid comp issue? I know I do more dmg with a boomkin in my raid and a shaman then when I don't have one.

I'm by no means great on theorycrafting but maybe some of those questions will help point you in the right direction !! Goodluck!

Pssst Lanathel is a sexy fight for spriests...BIIIIG numbers

10+ Year Old Account

your gear has a little to much spirit, focus on getting pieces with no spirit,
    also make sure you aren't clipping your dots, if you renew a dot when it has 1-2 seconds left makes you lose alot of dps.
    Priest? What do you mean i'm a priest?
    I have dots, a pet and i can turn into a dark purple form with wings, i'm obviously a warlock!

1: get rid off Noobelung.. not a good staff for SP lack of crit/haste is not good, especially when u only get that "random" proc instead.
    2:Trinkets, its hard to replace trinkets as it is atm, DfO, spyglass, and the sindra ones are what u must aim for!
    3:Rotation, rotation, rotaion... as it is atm i open with VT, DP, MF until u have 5 stack of weaving. after that use INNER FOCUS and SW:P right after! gives ur SW:P chance to crit 25% more often, and because its refreshed trough other spell's in most fights u wouldt have to recast it <-- DPS improvement!
    3,5: do NEVER clip ur spells! start casting VT when u have around the same time left on spell as it takes for u to cast it, varies with ur haste, same goes for Dp ofc.. so get a addon to watch ur timers.. ex fortexorcist!
    4: replace the enchant on feet for Tuskarrs!
    4,5: replace some gems for pure spellpower, qq +6spirit isent a bonus worth going for.
    5:ur fine hit wise, u MUST get more CRIT and HASTE! means alot!!

btw be sure to get ur shadowfiend in on ur fights!! pop it as soon as ur opening rotation is up! should be able to have it up 2 times atleast in most fights.. see fiend as a 3 important DoT! <- DPS improvement!
    Here's my armory to give u a idea, im not perfect either but..
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n+Mill&cn=Auru

im a bit under hit atm, due to some item trying.. slowass armory..

Quote Originally Posted by uhitudie!
    3:Rotation, rotation, rotaion... as it is atm i open with VT, DP, MF until u have 5 stack of weaving. after that use INNER FOCUS and SW:P right after! gives ur SW:P chance to crit 25% more often, and because its refreshed trough other spell's in most fights u wouldt have to recast it <-- DPS improvement!
    This is wrong, Inner Focus doesn't effect SW:P like that. If you replace IF by the Nevermelting Ice Crystal, then you're right.

I think neither your gear or geming ist the problem nor your rotation.
    shadow priest is all about timing your dots right so your internet could be the problem.

when i'm playing at my laptop via W-Lan i do 1-2k dps less than sitting at my desktop.

maybe you just have a latency or fps problem ?
    also wich addon do you use to time your dots ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fyneia
    I think neither your gear or geming ist the problem nor your rotation.
    shadow priest is all about timing your dots right so your internet could be the problem.

when i'm playing at my laptop via W-Lan i do 1-2k dps less than sitting at my desktop.

maybe you just have a latency or fps problem ?
    also wich addon do you use to time your dots ?
    While I agree that timing is important I do not believe this persons connection is responsible for the loss of dps she/he is capable of with the gear on the toon. If you really want to discover if latency is an issue there's addons like quartz that will roughly calculate the latency between you and the wow server and allow you to effectively QUE spells to the server. Now keep in mind this only works for casted spells but its better then nothing. There's a bigger issue here then internet problems. Clipping is more likely in my opinion.

your haste is low

you could have a bad raid composition which is likely

you may not be flasking or using a food buff

you are more than likely clipping your last dot ticks and not clipping your mind flay correctly.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shonubi
    Hello ! http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...kir&cn=Yvainne -my armory link
    Why do i do low dps? can someone explain me please?-doing in icc10 about 8k dps with the 20% buff ...i got a warlock in the group also
    We need more concrete information to make an analysis of your problem. You're Gear seems to be ok, you're Hit capped, and while your gemming isn't ideal, it's not bad either.

You also described the rotation correctly. So in theory you've got thing right. The problem must lie in how you DPS in practice.

Just a few things that might help:
    -With T10x4 Bonus you can cut Mindblast from your rotation. It's only needed if you're responsible for Replenishment. It might make things easier and it should not impact your DPS.
    -You could be clipping your MF casts or Vampiric Touch. DON'T EVER replace a dot before it has actually fallen off. That's a hige damage loss. Better to have a Dot fall of for 1 Sec. then to clip it.
    -Your situational awareness might suck. A lot of DPS comes from knowing fights and being confident in them. It's not just about pulling of a flawless rotation.

I'll point you to Shadowpriest.com as they have a more detailed break-down of potential problems.

http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=26963

Quote Originally Posted by Xorz
    This is wrong, Inner Focus doesn't effect SW:P like that.
    Why doesn't it? It DOES give +25% crit for your next spell, so why would it not apply to SW: P?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

It does apply ,
    I know that not from theorycrafting and shit but by testing it over and over again.
    Every time i used inner focus at the start and my SW:P didn't drop off ( like on LK in transition phases ) my SW:P had 25% more crits than before .. and that's the whole fight.

Now about ur problem .. get more haste , get more crit ... glyph of dispersion instead of glyph of SW:P
    when u get to ~ 900-1000 haste u're gonna have to change ur specc @ 0/5 IMB and put the points prolly at 3/3 Focused Mind and 2/3 Shadow Affinity

Cheers
    Zoulis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis
    when u get to ~ 900-1000 haste u're gonna have to change ur specc @ 0/5 IMB and put the points prolly at 3/3 Focused Mind and 2/3 Shadow Affinity
    Why would you ever, EVER get Shadow Affinity for PVE? You should never need threat reduction, ever, unless your tanks are ebayed. And the only time you should ever drop Imp. Mind Blast is if you have enough haste/SP/raidbuffs that Mind Flay has higher DPET than Mind Blast.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

that's what i said.... he should take IMP MB off when he has enough haste.
    About shadow affinity ... what else would u spend ur talents on? if u're going to literaly spend em on something useless , make tanks life easier on raging spirits on LK at least.

Cheers
    Zoulis
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon

that's what i said.... he should take IMP MB off when he has enough haste.
    About shadow affinity ... what else would u spend ur talents on? if u're going to literaly spend em on something useless , make tanks life easier on raging spirits on LK at least.
    Except 900-1000 haste isn't enough to drop MB. And you could easily get Silence + Psychic Horror, rather than a useless threat reduction talent. Speccing for one aspect of one phase of one fight isn't really smart, imo.

and how would psyching horror help u? :P
    CCing melee in Lady hc.
    1aspect of 1 fight

same thing

better make the life of ur tanks easier imo. but that's just my opinion i'm not forcing anyone to agree with me
    And with t10 4piece around 1000haste is the time to go for 0/5 IMPMB
    i'm saying again it;'s only my opinion , you don't need to agree since that's what opinions are :P
    Cheers
    Zoulis
    Zoulr of Hexagon

and how would psyching horror help u? :P
    CCing melee in Lady hc.
    1aspect of 1 fight
    -Disarming melee adds on trash to reduce tank damage: Dreamwalker trash, Blood wing trash, Deathwhisper trash, Gunship trash.

Silence: Extra CC on Deathwhisper, interrupt on the Lich adds on Dreamwalker, silencing trash casters, ect.

So no, not "1 aspect of 1 fight".

And it would help in PvP as well, so you don't have to take up your offspec, or keep changing specs for PvP.

Threat reduction talents are just plain useless =/

Well i'd rather help my guild on 2 phases of one fight actually :P that is our main goal :P than on trash It does help in those phases in LK hc cause u need to kill em quickly so starting dps asap helps.. fade before u start and then full out nuke , after that though u might get some aggro if the tank is silenced and some shit happens so i prefer being sure that won't happen :P
    and for Lady hc we have droods cycloning melee's so they don't die from the other melee's splash damage and sheeps / hexes on ranged so we don't need more CC :P @ valithria hc things die too quickly :P
    Well we prefer different things and i respect that :P and they don't even really matter for the specc since it's little things

Cheers
    Zoulis

Zoulr of Hexagon

thx all for the help -i open my rotation with mf -vt-dp -inner focus and trinkets+ haste pot then sw ...-i will try to make use of the pieces of advice!
    Thx again
    Lightwell! It's gewd!

It's already been covered before, but it's all about execution. Tests have shown that starting rotation doesn't effect end DPS by a huge margin as long as you get 5 stacks of shadow weaving before applying shadow word pain.

Also, you want more haste. A lot more haste. As much haste as you can get. Essentially, point for point, haste is worth exactly the same as spell power. The more haste you have, the faster your dots tick, the more mindflaying you do, the less mind blasting you do.

I still recommend the mod EventHorizon even though it has been discontinued do to the developers quitting the game, but it still works, and works fantastically. Once you learn how it works, it's a charm. Makes my shadow priesting and affliction warlocking much better. Spend less time looking all over your screen for DoT durations, cooldowns, etc... and more time at what you're actually doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.