Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: So I found someone AH botting...

Standing in the exact same spot everytime doesn't mean anything. :
    You know, nobody forces him to "move". Nobody.

Deleted

You said you found out his threshhold for Runed Cardinal Rubies, so:
    1. Buy a lot of cardinals
    2. Cut them into Runed
    3. Place 1 copper below threshhold
    4. See if you get a couple instant thousand gold

Simple, yet profitable.

And btw, there is no sure way to know he is botting, because as another guy in the thread said, there are addons which do these things...the only thing that may be an "exploit" is using the Auctioneer trough the wall :X Wish I could do that...

I've done almost the same thing standing at that corner so as to be able to access the auctioneer and sometimes not visibly moved my character for up to an hour.

Doesn't mean im AH botting just means im lazy and its easier without having to move between mailbox and auctioneer.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhakera
    the only thing that may be an "exploit" is using the Auctioneer trough the wall :X Wish I could do that...
    Hold Control and press V. You now see the nametags.
    Stand on the stormwind mailbox.
    Right Click auctioneers name.
    ???
    Profit

This is all legit.

I use this already for the last year.

I put my bank against the wall at SW. I can open mailbox (Postal opens all auction mails automaticly)
    Then with a macro I can target and interract with the AH. I have never ever need to walk. Just 3 bindings on my keyboard.

Besides that. He probably uses auctioneer of Quick Auctions 2 (I use the last one).

You can make groups in QA2. I have groups for my gems. So Cardinal Ruby has a treshold of 100g and max 250g. Undercut by 1 copper.
    I have done that for all gems and some enchants and pets.
    Now open the your auction tab. Press the button "Cancel" He checks every auction you have and if you have been undercut. After that he cancells the auctions.
    Open mailbox auto loot all mail.
    Then use AH again and press "Post" He then automatically puts all gems/enchants/etc on AH with an undercut off 1 copper.

GL Im always just online for 5min on my bank alt. 1-2-3 times a day and making 5-10K a week with only doing that.
    Easy peasy.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Random Nigga
    "Stop Snitching"

10+ Year Old Account

1. Make a Random Horde or Ally Rogue
    2. Get it to 80
    3. Kill the Lich King HM and Get full 277 gear
    4. Make your way to the boter
    5. Gank him
    6. Congratz you just wasted about 2 months of time to end Botting!
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Quote Originally Posted by Nirron
    Like it matters now with the mobile AH
    Sorry, but mobile AH is complete joke for serious money-makers. It does not support addons, and you need those to be really competitive.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakeshi
    Hold Control and press V. You now see the nametags.
    Stand on the stormwind mailbox.
    Right Click auctioneers name.
    ???
    Profit
    Saw a macro that targets and talks to him for you awhile ago regarding the wall/auctioneer.

Well, what I have been doing is getting a feel for his buyout thresholds.

Soooooo, what I have made my current practice is to list an item above his threshold, to make him pull down the 5 gems he has posted and re-list them, then pull down my 1 gem and list it at his threshold price so he buys it.

Then he automatically re-posts his 5 gems again, 1 copper under the next highest person.

It costs me 5g instead of 2.5 to list the item: but I get the satisfaction of a guaranteed sell, and the knowledge that I just cost him ~36g for nothing every single time I want to post a gem.

Edit: Lets say this guy wasn't botting, but really just putting balls to the wall time and effort into making gold...
    Why the hell would you not just become a day trader and make real money?

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    Sorry, but mobile AH is complete joke for serious money-makers. It does not support addons, and you need those to be really competitive.
    Its useful for repostig a few high priced auctions or buying materials. Though after beta I doubt I'll buy it.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Its useful for repostig a few high priced auctions or buying materials. Though after beta I doubt I'll buy it.
    Yea, it's useful to the average player who doesn't take the AH seriously and doesn't use addons to make as much of a profit as they can. All the people who claim it'll ruin the AH have no clue of the economy of the game nor the addons required and how to use them in order to do so. Honestly, putting something up on the front page of this site about how to use an auction house addon will effect the economy more than the stupid iphone auction house.

He must have a tiny profit margin if he's doing this.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Random Nigga
    "Stop Snitching"
    Fo Sho

I stand between the AH and the mailbox for hours on end. I have 2 accounts so I can raid/level/farm while my 2nd account stands at the AH. I use several addons that help me cancel+relist really really fast. I also have an addon that loots my mail for me and can even scan the AH and buy items for a specific price.

Believe it or not, I am not a bot. I dont have a script that will do this stuff for me and run non stop without me being there. Thats what a bot is right? I have to open the AH. I have to click "post". I have to click "scan". I have to open the mail box. I have to click "loot all". I have to do all this every few minutes for however long I play. Sometimes this can be hours at a time. This is all done by addons that blizzard has been aware of (and so far allowed) for years now.

Dont be so quick to judge someone else just because they enjoy making money, or because they compete with you and you still use default AH UI and get left in the dust.

The underground miners are definitely doing something wrong, but this guy sounds like an economics major with the right addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifersam
    Hmm my recommendation if they are botting is... don't report, extort!! Send him an ingame mail and threaten to report him if he doesn't pay you a weekly stipend or something.

This would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by macazine
    I stand between the AH and the mailbox for hours on end. I have 2 accounts so I can raid/level/farm while my 2nd account stands at the AH. I use several addons that help me cancel+relist really really fast. I also have an addon that loots my mail for me and can even scan the AH and buy items for a specific price.

Believe it or not, I am not a bot. I dont have a script that will do this stuff for me and run non stop without me being there. Thats what a bot is right? I have to open the AH. I have to click "post". I have to click "scan". I have to open the mail box. I have to click "loot all". I have to do all this every few minutes for however long I play. Sometimes this can be hours at a time. This is all done by addons that blizzard has been aware of (and so far allowed) for years now.

Dont be so quick to judge someone else just because they enjoy making money, or because they compete with you and you still use default AH UI and get left in the dust.

The underground miners are definitely doing something wrong, but this guy sounds like an economics major with the right addons.
    It's not about being "left in the dust" at all. I have more gold than I'll probably ever need, and don't post large quantities of items, nor spend more than ~5-10 minutes in front of the AH on the days that I do use it, save today, obviously.

Why are you so quick to assume that simply because a person noted abnormal behavior, that they are only concerned because they are "getting left int he dust"? My main concern when someone is / may be cheating in some capacity which is negatively impacting others, or giving themselves an unfair advantage.

Some of us still hold on to a sliver of hope that there is still some form of integrity in the game, you know.

Didnt read much of the replies so if it has been said ignore or whatever.

But basically, why dont you get a crap load of ur own gems (i dno like 30, i think ive had like 40 at one point of the same gem). And undercut him once with 1 gem. Then let him repost them all. and just keep doing it until he's undercut u like 40 times.

I know you might lose a bit of money, but so will he....

can do it if you're rich i guess.