Endgame trinket options

Hey, popping my MMO forum cherry here.

Since I cbf farming H Solace, my current options (for 9/12 H ICC25 onwards) are Heroic Abacus, Purified Lunar Dust and Solace (N), all of which i have. Almost at LHW soft haste cap, usually no mana issues. My question is basically this: Is the effective healing from Abacus procs going to outweigh the regen of either Solace (on fights without 100% 8 stack uptime) or lunar dust?

Re: Endgame trinket options

Althors will beat both of those trinkets assuming your mana pool can sustain only using one regen trinket. Best bet would be to run Althors and Solace, main reason being the solace is intended to be your regen trinket and it has almost double the regen then Lunar dust does (128 vs 60-70 if memory serves).

Deleted

If you "cut it thin" so to speak with mana then you end up getting a minimal amount of mp5 on gear and getting crit rating instead. Thats why HC + normal Solace is still an absurd combo and arguably BiS. If your setup means that swapping out 1 regen trinket will make you go oom, you'll have to turn crit rating back into mp5. Question is, how much crit is that 20 odd sp & 6.8k (45sec cd) heal worth?

Or if you're totally stocked on mp5 and have no way of swapping it out go for 245 solace + Abacus. If you want regen go 245 solace + 264 sliver

I have pretty much everything in game.

Abacus + solace = trinket choice on every fight in game except heroic LK where its twin solace

Something that bothers me to no end is that with h abacus and h solace i drop to 30% mana at the end of phase 1, while with twin solaces i sit above 90% the entire fight
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

For someone who has been so unlucky with Solace drops I'm having to make do with others. What's the shaman community thoughts on Muradin Spyglass (HC)?

WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

isn't the spyglass for damaging spells only? or am I completely mistaken here - not in game to check it out, sorry
    stop the elitism

Quote Originally Posted by shayleen
    isn't the spyglass for damaging spells only? or am I completely mistaken here - not in game to check it out, sorry
    You are correct. However alot of Shamans (I personally still have no clue why) have decided to use the Elemental Totem for the haste causing them to keep up Flame Shock on a target at all times. Following that logic, the Spyglass would effectively give you 200 SP plus the static 152 crit. I personally prefer using Sliver of Pure Ice (HC) along side my Solace for fights that mana may be an issue (LoL). If you cant get your hands on any Solace, SoPI and the PLD (Badge trinket) are similar Mp5 and very obtainable.

hows losing overall healing time to keep the trinket up working out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinettik
    You are correct. However alot of Shamans (I personally still have no clue why) have decided to use the Elemental Totem for the haste causing them to keep up Flame Shock on a target at all times. Following that logic, the Spyglass would effectively give you 200 SP plus the static 152 crit. I personally prefer using Sliver of Pure Ice (HC) along side my Solace for fights that mana may be an issue (LoL). If you cant get your hands on any Solace, SoPI and the PLD (Badge trinket) are similar Mp5 and very obtainable.
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by comablack View Post
    I have pretty much everything in game.

Abacus + solace = trinket choice on every fight in game except heroic LK where its twin solace

Something that bothers me to no end is that with h abacus and h solace i drop to 30% mana at the end of phase 1, while with twin solaces i sit above 90% the entire fight
    I don't know what you're rolling with for other healers. Right now I'm doing the fight with myself (the r shaman), 2 disc priests, and 2 holy paladins. Aside from the occasional shield breaking from infests, I have very little to heal in P1. With shields soaking all the infests, there is little to no raid damage. I end P1 with 100% mana, and don't have a Solace. I TRY to get my mana down to 70%, so when I drop my mana tide in the transition for the holy paladins, I don't want it to all be a waste for me. This of course would change if you don't have 2 good disc priests, though.