Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Can a warlock solo MC?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdoll
    Some weeks ago I tried to solo the TF Bosses .. Garr was doable, but Baron freaked me out .. Everytime he casts his AE, the Buff says:"Cannot move while casting this..bla" So the pet wants to be clever and go behind him, all the time. Baron cannot move but he can turn.. so pet and Baron are changing sides regularly ...This is really annoying .. he either pulls new Trash or is out of range and you this nasty debuffs... and there is no way to turn off his "intelligence". Maybe someone has a tip? :>

but one of the biggest issues I have in MC is respawning trash ... I got Baron to 15% and suddenly a Core Haund respawnd insinde of me.. same was with garr, after wiping once...
    Remember: Every BC or WotLK dungeon has this feature: If bossfight = no trash respawn .. MC does not follow this rule... and if you are still trying, keep in mind, that many mobs have a 20-30 min respawn time
    Indeed this is really annoying, but, there is a solution. Right when you come out of the tunnel after Garr and into the room where Baron is, there's a opening to the lava on the right, followed by a little wall near the first flame pack. C;ear this pack and the one to the left of it to give yourself plenty of room to work with. What you need to do is get your Fel Guard (the pet of choice for this since 95% of the damage done to the boss will be from your pet) as close as you can to this wall while still being able to heal him from max range in the tunnel. Then, when you send him to grab Baron and call him back to that spot (while you're well back in the tunnel) Baron will, hopefully, line up just out of range of you, since the wall limits his possible positions. Occasionally he'll run past your pet a bit, making him too close and basically ending the attempt.

Now, sneak up until you're just barely able to heal your Fel Guard and start healing. you can macro Demonic Empowerment into this too since it's pretty much all you're going to be doing. When Baron starts doing his AOE and your pet starts going bananas trying to get behind him, put him on passive to get him back to the wall. Don't try letting him DPS a little before pulling him back, just get him there ASAP. It's not worth the risk. Wait for Baron to finish the AOE and resume melee attacks on your pet before you tell him to attack again. Since your pet is back where it was when he began AOE his shouldn't move at all.

Continue this cycle until the boss is around 5% then run in and get a little damage in so you can loot him. Resist the urge to go in early as you'll near instantly be hit with the mana burn and bomb debuffs. If for some reason you get one or both, have a portal ready to avoid fall damage (also the reason you're in the tunnel) and be ready to dump your mana with AOE/Fel Armor spam. If you avoid the debuffs until around 25% you should be able to pull through, though avoiding them all together is always better. With a proper spec and glyphs in ICC 25 gear you're looking at around a 12 minute fight so respawns shouldn't be a problem.
    How I waste my time: Biter Comics

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong!
    To a degree

Yes, resilience only grants damage reduction against players and their pets, but it decreases chance to be crit by everything. NPCs and Players. I doubt anyone wants to go into MC and get critted tons :|

1200 resil reduces chance to be crit by about 20% iirc. Would come in handy... Along with the stam, too.
    Well then u would only need 6%

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Magnett
    No, he means Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker, which has been available to every sword-wielding class since early-mid WotLK and was never available to Hunters before they lifted the restriction.
    it was available to hunters in vanilla too <3

there is a video on youtube with a warlock soloing ragnaros, bet he soloed the previous bosses also
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

A friend of mine soloed it as a lock(affliction I think) 8 months ago or maybe more without good gear(for 3.2)

Quote Originally Posted by galten1234
    there is a video on youtube with a warlock soloing ragnaros, bet he soloed the previous bosses also
    yes thats deadmasters i already linked it a few posts ago, and he did it in naxx gear so with icc or even 232 t9 it should be easy.

15+ Year Old Account

Here is a little guide on How to solo MC bosses

Note though: The Garr easy way didn't work for me (Yes, I tried all of his ways even though I already did them once :P), he seems to bug once you jump in the lava. Your pet loses thread and Garr starts targeting you and "Evade" bugs as well.

Really useful guide nonetheless.
    Dawwwwwww

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Contri
    Sorry but are you so stupid that you believe that he did it for the thunderfury? a WARLOCK? for Thunderfury blessed of the windseeker? Wich is only availible for Rogues, Dk's, Warriors, hunters and paladins or ?

Seriously ?
    Had to quote this .. lol!
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

i tried, couldnt kill first mob

im interested in attempting this, people have said a fel guard demo/aff hybrid spec and I can see the reasoning behind it. Self heal to a degree, solid pet for agro and pretty decent DPS.

The only issueI have is trying to design a spec for these things and still be viable. Any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is soloable, at least Garr and Geddone easily. Although many people seem to like doing it more as a Demo build and glitching things out where you avoid most of the mechanics by having you pet do it \ bugging Garrs adds. I have been doing them as affliction for awhile now using completely different strategy's.

Garr
    Both fights I use a standard PvP affliction spec with one exception: Glyph of Voidwalker. The main thing that makes Garr doable (at least how I do it) is two peice T5, which stacks with fel synergy (so your damage heals your pet for 30%). Its a pretty easy concept just:

1. Send in VW to attack Garr, make sure you dont do anything till he has aggro
    2. Banish one of his adds
    3. Precede to Dot about 3 of his adds with full dots.
    4. Just go through the adds slowly untill they all are dead
    5. Kill Garr

The hardest part of doing it this way is that it is a balacing act between how many adds your Voidwalker is tanking, and how many you have. He has too many, your dots wont keep him alive. You have too many, your going to die.

Baron Geddon
    This fight IMO is much simpler then Garr. All I do is pull him into the tunnel between his room and Garrs room. Just kill him like you would anything else and use Fel Hunter to dispell his dots. Just do simple things like make sure your health is high before you take the fall damage, use teleport to not take fall damage. AND GET OUT OF HIS AOE.

Not sure if it's been said but, to those of you really dedicated about it, Fire Resist makes Geddon a joke.