10+ Year Old Account

Enchancement Shaman Question.

I have a question for enchancement shamans. Why do some shamans have http://www.wowhead.com/item=41531 instead of http://www.wowhead.com/item=41542. This is somewhat of a clarification because I see the shamans who have Heroic Lk killed have Flame Shock glyph but shamans who don't have Heroic Lk killed mostly have Windfury weapon Glyph instead of Flame Shock Glyph.

Thanks.

Re: Enchancement Shaman Question.

Glyph of Flame Shock = bigger DPS increase. The Windfury Glyph can only go so far with the 3 second CD on Windfury.

Simple: Glyph of Flame Shock does more damage than Glyph of Windfury. This generally comes from higher levels of gear. As per usual, you'll need to use a sim to determine which is better for your current setup.

Deleted

The changes to Flame Shock dot being extended by two ticks, able to crit and being affected by haste as well as the changes to the FS Glyph have meant that with decent haste & crit on your gear the damage from this glyph is higher than the damage from Windfury. Its a balance though, for lower levels of gear WF glyph will be better.

As others have said to find out what is right for you please use the sims they really are fairly simple to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    The changes to Flame Shock dot being extended by two ticks, able to crit and being affected by haste as well as the changes to the FS Glyph have meant that with decent haste & crit on your gear the damage from this glyph is higher than the damage from Windfury. Its a balance though, for lower levels of gear WF glyph will be better.

As others have said to find out what is right for you please use the sims they really are fairly simple to use.
    I'm pretty sure the WF glyph is still BiS with 100% uptime on a single target though..

Quote Originally Posted by Mileylool
    I'm pretty sure the WF glyph is still BiS with 100% uptime on a single target though..

You'd be incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Deleted

Nothing a sim can't handle. I had GoFS as a 70 DPS increase.

a few very simple reasons Wf is inferior with current content levels of gear you have so much haste and hit that your WF will most likely be procced almost instantly every single time the CD is up regardless of glyph not to mention that FS is able to crit and with higher gear lvls oyu have more SP,haste,crit which all have a major impact on FS DPs

Quote Originally Posted by Mileylool
    Since the sim doesn't include a way to put FS on multiple targets, you cannot say this. Regardless, at most current levels of gear, glyphing flame shock is better.

it's Enhancement, not Enchancement.