Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Creating Threads about Gearscore will get you a Ban!

I thought this was a mod announcement, oh the disappointment
    Cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Praiseworthy
    that hypocritical, isn't this thread a little bit about gearscore?

and 2nd, the only people who complain about gearscore are the ones with low gearscores.....

im sorry, that just needed to be said, and its about time.....
    QFT.

Threads about it are rubish but you just had to create one any way.

15+ Year Old Account

Creating Gearscore threads is not a ban-able offense but only if its not the same as any of the previous Gearscore threads.
    Dawwwwwww

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    Creating Gearscore threads is not a ban-able offense but only if its not the same as any of the previous Gearscore threads.

But...all GearScore threads ARE the same.

OP hates/loves/is indifferent about Gearscore.
    Reply 1 says: GS IS FOR N00BS. (Reply 1 has never read the OP at all.)
    Reply 2-6 basically say the same thing.
    Reply 7 brings forth "intelligent" arguments everyone has heard already.
    Reply 8-400 don't read the OP or reply 7.
    Moderator locks thread.

I agree, threads about GS need to go. They don't go any where, but a flame war made worse by trolls and idiots on both sides.

MODS PLEASE BAN THIS TOPIC FROM THE MMO-CHAMPION FORUMS!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5

:P I pretty much lock any GS thread. It's not really a subject open to much interpretation.. It's very straight forward. Gearscore is a tool that gives your gear a rating which represents how well one should do in their role but doesn't mean they will do well.

Also.. lol at some people cause I totally just stack 251 PvP gear on my rogue and get into stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium

:P I pretty much lock any GS thread. It's not really a subject open to much interpretation.. It's very straight forward. Gearscore is a tool that gives your gear a rating which represents how well one should do in their role but doesn't mean they will do well.

Also.. lol at some people cause I totally just stack 251 PvP gear on my rogue and get into stuff.
    Make posting require a GS

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis
    GearScore is like a bikini. What it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important.
    Copy and pasta ..

and 2nd, the only people who complain about gearscore are the ones with low gearscores.....

Let me rephrase that for you. The only people complaining about being descriminated against with gearscore is people with low gearscore... Well, yeah.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Deredex
    Who tf is Lor'themar? And what does he say?
    some random.

Telling us that you don't mind the addon is talking about the addon. Ban for you TS then.

Quote Originally Posted by eoopo
    Copy and pasta ..
    Mmmm... pasta....

But anyway. I don't think they should be banned, I just get tired of seeing them. I think that using gear score is somewhat necessary for PuGs, but not crucial. Just like using achievements to set up a PuG. Is it useful to see how far someone has gotten? Yes, but what about alts? You may have Kingslayer on your main, but if you don't have the first wing achievement on your alt, there is no way you are getting into ICC.

15+ Year Old Account

the only people who complain about gearscore are the ones with low gearscores.....
    Or the people with high gearscores on their main - but without god complex - wanting to level their alt like everyone else, but getting barred by Gearscore freaks.

Today 90% of pug leaders ask for at least 500 gearscore above reasonable.
    And it's in their right to choose whatever they want to group with, sadly, there are ninjas and leeches that get gear and high gearscore with no skill, wich doesn't help, because most of my guildies - on their shit geared alts - pull more performance in tank, heal or dps roles than the average pugger with 600 gearscore over them.

Gearscore is useful to help you filter the people that absolutely can't manage it in the content you're after, so you can focus your time inspecting - properly - those with decent Gearscore.

Most people use Gearscore and don't inspect.
    Then you see fail PvP geared high gearscored retards about.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellash
    Or the people with high gearscores on their main - but without god complex - wanting to level their alt like everyone else, but getting barred by Gearscore freaks.

And it's in their right to choose whatever they want to group with, sadly, there are ninjas and leeches that get gear and high gearscore with no skill, wich doesn't help, because most of my guildies - on their shit geared alts - pull more performance in tank, heal or dps roles than the average pugger with 600 gearscore over them.

Gearscore is useful to help you filter the people that absolutely can't manage it in the content you're after, so you can focus your time inspecting - properly - those with decent Gearscore.

Most people use Gearscore and don't inspect.
    Then you see fail PvP geared high gearscored retards about.
    QFT, this is NOT a thread where you can share your brilliant and new already said 1,000 times opinion.

Ok... Creating Threads about Creating Threads about Gearscore will get you a Ban!
    80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia
    My main has over 6k GS (last time I checked that wtfisyourgs site.. no one in my guild even has the addon downloaded), and I still think GS is retarded.

This would be nice, but not sure I'd expect it to happen. :-\
    This. My hunter is at 5999 according to the wtfismygearscore site, and I think its the dumbest thing. Only bad who pug all the time use it. No competitive progressive guild (And i don't mean people who just killed sindragosa 25 w/ 20% buff because thats not competitive, thats waaayyyy behind the curb) Use gear score.

Bads use it, and say only "bads" complain about it. Real good players, know its stupid they just normally don't choose to bitch about it, or get placed into the "bad" catagory for speaking their mind. The casual retard is the norm of wow these days, and they're the ones who LOVE gearscore. It tells them they're "good" and helps them sleep at night.

I speak out of rage because my alts can hardly ever get into anything...people want like 5400 gs for icc 10 pugs....thats just .....stupid.
    Alliance on Uldaman - Mortred, Traxex, Tarrasque, Kaldr, Shendelzare
    Horde on Draenor - Littleevil, Le, Xaladin, Smokingcrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia
    My main has over 6k GS (last time I checked that wtfisyourgs site.. no one in my guild even has the addon downloaded), and I still think GS is retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Llunai
    Incorrect. My GS is above 6k and I complain about it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy25
    This. My hunter is at 5999 according to the wtfismygearscore site, and I think its the dumbest thing.
    I hate gearscore and OH! by the way check out how high mine is. That must mean my opinion matters more. Oh the irony......

Quote Originally Posted by det
    The moment I read "GS" in the title, I skip it....
    Really?

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned
    get a guild and you won't hear about this addon again...
    What if I wanna do a raid with my bank alt?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    What if I wanna do a raid with my bank alt?
    LF39m for 40-man lvl 1 raid on Hogger! Must have achievement and 2k GS!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellash

I'm going to assume you mean 5000 GS.

And no, expecting people to be at least heroic badge geared isn't unreasonable.