Poll: Which one would you choose (read first post)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Deleted

Choosing nonset gear over 4T10

I'm thinking about getting rid of the 4T10 bonus, and get 2 item with haste instead for faster reaction with heals. I'm already at haste cap on raids, so any haste would make nourish, regro faster and reju would tick more often.
    Reju is ~55% of my effective healing atm with 4T10, however it often procs on the target I'm trying to heal, so it is annoying me a lot also.

Made a tinyurl link for it, but mmochamp doesn't like it, so:
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....40113&focus=2

Option #1: 236 spirit, 98 crit, 11 sp + 4t10 = 98 crit, 56,784 sp + 4t10 + some regen
    Option #2: 122 crit, 222 haste + (2 balance set item for my offspec)
    Option #3: 132 spirit, 204 haste, 16 sp = 204 haste, 41,608 sp + some regen
    I don't really go oom during fights, so regen doesn't really matter.

What would you choose?

Re: Choosing nonset gear over 4T10

stay with your 4T10 and cuss loudly every time a rejuv procs on the target you are about to heal. No amount of off set gear will compensate for the other 90% of the free rejuvs you are getting from your T10 set bonus.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    stay with your 4T10 and cuss loudly every time a rejuv procs on the target you are about to heal. No amount of off set gear will compensate for the other 90% of the free rejuvs you are getting from your T10 set bonus.
    4t10 is nice, but it picks the target with the lowest health and no reju on, so it often ends up rejuing the target 0.1 sec before I cast my own. the extra haste would let me get living seed more easily. the Extra heal is ~3-5% overall effective heal.

To me, it depends on what you're assigned to do on each fight !

heal constant damage on large groups -> choice 1

very fast refill of single persons -> choice 2

hot stacking on MTs -> I don't know

i understand that. and i'll say it again: no amount of off set items can compare to the extra 10% healing that the T10 set bonus provides unless you are a strictly 10 man raider.

If you do nothing but raid 10 mans then the T10 set bonus isn't spectacular and off set items are more appealing. Also your actual armory link will do tons more to solve your problem than that wowhead comparison.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzorz
    To me, it depends on what you're assigned to do on each fight !

heal constant damage on large groups -> choice 1

very fast refill of single persons -> choice 2

hot stacking on MTs -> I don't know
    I keep up regro, reju, lb on tank(s), and reju+wg the rest + nourish if someone is about to die.

I have different sets of gear for different situations. The 4pt10 is nice, but it isn't better (in some situations) then having more haste.

the 4pt10 works exceptionally well on fights like Fester 25 and BQL 25 where you are 99% of the time rejuv spamming (without the glyph), but on fights that are more spread out and heals are more direct like blood princes, a haste set is going to do you better. Just make sure you maintain the 2p tier 10 bonus because I haven't found a fight where that wasn't useful.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    i understand that. and i'll say it again: no amount of off set items can compare to the extra 10% healing that the T10 set bonus provides unless you are a strictly 10 man raider.

If you do nothing but raid 10 mans then the T10 set bonus isn't spectacular and off set items are more appealing. Also your actual armory link will do tons more to solve your problem than that wowhead comparison.
    Well, It is ~10 percent of the rejuvenation healing done, which is about ~55% of my healing done including 4T10 bonus.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mscale&cn=Swal armory link
    Note: Just got the gloves, and will replace the weapon to val'anyr tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by skrog
    I keep up regro, reju, lb on tank(s), and reju+wg the rest + nourish if someone is about to die.
    I figured, I just don't know the answer, I prefer to say nothing ^^

so do you spend most of your time tank healing or free for all healing/heal sniping? what is your usual healing assignment?

If you mostly tank heal then T10 isn't that big of a deal. If you free for all healing with the rest of your healers then i'd still take the t10 of off set items and get more in the habit of being a little more proactive with your heals.

Quote Originally Posted by skrog
    I'm already at haste cap on raids, so any haste would make nourish, regro faster and reju would tick more often.
    You're already at haste cap so all you'll really get is the faster regrowth. Nourish will hit slightly faster but then you'll be left waiting before you can cast the next, so there's no benefit in PvE. Rejuv will tick faster which means it will fall off faster so you won't be able to cover as many people - or (in 10 man) have as many spare GCDs for casting those 1sec nourishes.

Going over the haste cap has some small benefit if you might only have 1 of the two haste buffs in your raid, or if you're aiming to drop substantial haste later (ie. when switching a haste weapon for Trauma).

Otherwise it's just giving you more time listening to the immortal line 'I can't do that yet'.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    You're already at haste cap so all you'll really get is the faster regrowth. Nourish will hit slightly faster but then you'll be left waiting before you can cast the next, so there's no benefit in PvE. Rejuv will tick faster which means it will fall off faster so you won't be able to cover as many people - or (in 10 man) have as many spare GCDs for casting those 1sec nourishes.

Going over the haste cap has some small benefit if you might only have 1 of the two haste buffs in your raid, or if you're aiming to drop substantial haste later (ie. when switching a haste weapon for Trauma).

Otherwise it's just giving you more time listening to the immortal line 'I can't do that yet'.
    Well, the point of more haste would be a faster first reju and nourish when someone wants to die (we are talking about -0.05-0.1 sec) + could go to living seed, and I would also have 2 277 piece for my moonkin set.

Deleted

After a bit of testing, I decided that the haste would be good only if I wasn't already capped. it removes ~0.045 second from nourish, and 0.055 or so from regrowth, and speeds up reju by a really small margin.
    Conclusion:
    4T10 bonus is annoying as hell, but still worth more than stat can on non-set pieces(in 25 man).
    Maybe in cata it'll worth to mix up balance-resto set pieces, but at the moment, it doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account

If you are at haste cap with 4pT10 then getting more haste won't buff your nourish, you are already at cap. The only thing it will help is regrowth, and if you are with any worthwhile healers the hot from it will just be overheal, so nourish is good enough for fights you need burst.

And like Cerelli said, no gear from ICC will make up for the 4piece bonus, esp on rejuv blanket bosses. Even more so if you are the only druid which a lot of guilds are going to.

Also, people with full haste gear and 0 crit are just hurting themselves if they are planning to nourish spam or cast regrowth. You want crit, because you know, you want those to crit. Having no crit to go to a spec that is spamming direct heals defeats the purpose.