Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would be nice to get Vanilla Crusader Strike in CAT

since it being made baseline

it would be nice if blizzard added the Holy damage stackable increment similar to Vanilla's Crusader Strike, but not next melee.

This could be the new effect on Crusader strike.

Seem interesting. but hey
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Re: Would be nice to get Vanilla Crusader Strike in CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    since it being made baseline

it would be nice if blizzard added the Holy damage stackable increment similar to Vanilla's Crusader Strike, but not next melee.

This could be the new effect on Crusader strike.

Seem interesting. but hey
    Yeah but it will be op, more unresistable damage no thanks.

Just make it give seal of vengeance stacks when you use it.

paladins definitely need more power, anyone who knows anythin knows that
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie
    Yeah but it will be op, more unresistable damage no thanks.

Just make it give seal of vengeance stacks when you use it.
    no I meant the debuff, not the holy damage.

Holy Strike did that.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

15+ Year Old Account

since blizz said plain +dmg are boring they are supposed to add something to the ret 41 point talent

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    since blizz said plain +dmg are boring they are supposed to add something to the ret 41 point talent
    no wasnt talking about the talent.
    but then new base skill.

IMO it would be interesting if Crusader Strike had a special effect like Vanilla

were it increase Holy Damage, and stacked.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Oh crap ... this is so full of win.

15+ Year Old Account

no wasnt talking about the talent.
    but then new base skill.

IMO it would be interesting if Crusader Strike had a special effect like Vanilla

were it increase Holy Damage, and stacked.
    they wouldnt do that part has the baseline one, the talented version would be terribly bland :-\
    and
    The CS from Vanilla was only from mobs right, like the Scarlet one? http://www.wowhead.com/spell=14518
    Edit : ah nvm its from alpha before the seal/judge system was implemented

It was a strike that gave a stacking debuff to holy damage, similiar to the now defunct Judgement of the Crusader-effect

Beta, I believe. Otherwise, spot-on.

15+ Year Old Account

well it seem they recycled the idea for SoV for 3.2, dont you think? :P

they wouldnt do that part has the baseline one, the talented version would be terribly bland :-\
    and
    The CS from Vanilla was only from mobs right, like the Scarlet one? http://www.wowhead.com/spell=14518
    there wont be a Talented version anymore since its baseline
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

This is clearly a discussion that applies to both prot and ret, and potentially to holy as well.

However, it is about Cataclysm. The mods have made it clear that failing to post in the "appropriate stickied thread" will generate a thread lock, possibly a ban.

So, which thread is appropriate? The ret thread (where we will discuss the talented ability, likely rendering the baseline pointless beyond level 50), the prot thread (where we can't discuss as it relates to ret at lower levels), or the holy thread (where we can't discuss this ability being used by specs that are actually likely to use it)?

15+ Year Old Account

there wont be a Talented version anymore since its baseline
    lol you might want to check the cata blue post and some alpha leak
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crusader Strike will be a core ability for all paladins, gained at level 1. We think the paladin leveling experience is hurt by not having an instant attack. Retribution will be getting a new talent in its place that either modifies Crusader Strike or replaces it completely.

Back in my day crusader's strike refreshed all of the judgements on a target to full duration...

I kind of miss that =(.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker
    Back in my day crusader's strike refreshed all of the judgements on a target to full duration...

I kind of miss that =(.
    back in my day too, but its not that useful anymore when judgement has a cd of 8sec and always (almost) 1st on our priority list :P

lol you might want to check the cata blue post and some alpha leak
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crusader Strike will be a core ability for all paladins, gained at level 1. We think the paladin leveling experience is hurt by not having an instant attack. Retribution will be getting a new talent in its place that either modifies Crusader Strike or replaces it completely.
    Thats what I said.

There wont be a Talent Crusader Strike since its being made Baseline
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Currently even mentioning that much can be deemed as going against the NDA, Synthaxx.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker

I kind of miss that =(.
    That was a ridiculous ability.

You brought a retadin to keep the Holydins from having to renew his judgement.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    It didn't actually stack afaik, but you'd use it in a "judge-seal" macro to get it up straight away (remember, judgement didn't trigger GCD then), and then follow up with SoR (or SoV if Alliance and knew the RNG proc gods were with you).

However, i do believe the original, or vanilla, "Holy Strike" did put a stacking debuff up increasing holy damage. It was actually a much better and more viable system than what we had in TBC.

I personally hope to see ret becoming more "DPS" rather than "Damage Per NOW!". By that, i mean dealing very little damage at first with very little burst, except as time goes on, and within 30 seconds they'll be at full constant output. See, having played other classes, i see at most brackets how you can still come so close to death (or dead) while stunned by a single ret pala. Yet on the other side, as a Paladin main, i see the issues we face. So, with burst essentially gone, but DPS remaining strong, i'd go with giving out some more survivability that's NOT bubble.

The stacking debuff idea is one way that this could be achieved. Something like +40% damage for every application stacking 5 times (200% max). Since CS is 4 second CD for [i can't tell you how much] in it's current beta form, i'd imagine making it (and other holy-damage offensive abilities) do 300% damage when stacked to 5 might be a way forward. I don't want to turn this into a new ideas thread, so i'll leave it at that.

And i'm glad i don't need a ret pala available to guarantee 100% JoL/JoW uptime

Currently though, the talent replacing it affects/modified CS, but once again, can't say how or by how much (WTB Lift on NDA, 1x[Human Soul]).
    no Crusader Strike had a stackable debuff similar to Sunder Armor, which is why it got removed.
    But back then the Developers were very bias to the idea of Paladins having a similar role to Warriors.

Those days are gone. and as well see today, its perfectly fine to have a similar class role to Warriors.

Edit: btw wasnt talking about mods to the attack.
    I was stating the attack wouldnt be a talent skill, but a baseline spell.

And adding the original purpose effect to it would spice up the spell for all specs.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    It didn't actually stack afaik, but you'd use it in a "judge-seal" macro to get it up straight away (remember, judgement didn't trigger GCD then), and then follow up with SoR (or SoV if Alliance and knew the RNG proc gods were with you).
    I expressed myself poorly ^^ I meant that the old CStrike stacked whereas the whole sum was similiar to how JoCr was.

Also, I believe Holy Strike was just what the name implies. Instant strike with x%weapondamage as holy damage.

Aah, good ole' times. I miss 8-32-11 :'c Best specc there ever was, both for healing, flagrunning and damage, all in one.