Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: How did you start WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Elizabeth
    *Wave*
    Yo.

Oh, and also the South Park episode, I was determined to make a human hunter and damn it, my efforts have not been for naught!

I DECREE THAT WE SHALLETH HAVE HUMAN HUNTERSSS!!
    You can't spell 'morgue' without 'rogue'...

I actually started playing pretty randomly in early 2005. I had just gotten a high speed internet connection and wanted to play some games on my computer, so I bought WoW, and that's pretty much it. I did know of a couple of friends that played the game, but I never saw them play it or heard them ever really talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by B
    Yo.

Oh, and also the South Park episode, I was determined to make a human hunter and damn it, my efforts have not been for naught!

I DECREE THAT WE SHALLETH HAVE HUMAN HUNTERSSS!!
    If I get back in WoW when Cata hits live, I'll join ya, together we can troll the paladin forum as hunter and beast!
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by piggyahoyhoy
    Started back in jan '06 because i played WC3, saw in in the shops, and thought, must have!

same only then later on in '06 ;P

I moved out of state and had nothing better to do lol

Credit goes to Pangcakes for the amazing signature!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orgio/advanced

10+ Year Old Account

If I get back in WoW when Cata hits live, I'll join ya, together we can troll the paladin forum as hunter and beast!
    Wait, which am I?

Can I be teh beest? I can rawr rilly gud!

Oh and mispell stuff! See? I misspelled misspell! You also seem familiar...

Via my bro.

10+ Year Old Account

Friends got me to play back in 2005, I think, been so long.

A story of my noobness is on my undead mage, who was my first 60. After having watched a friend play a night elf and he took the boat to menethil and had to take the loooong walk through the wetlands, loch modan, and dun morogh. After watching all that I refused to take the zepplin to org, as I thought id have to go through a bunch of badies <.<. Also remember exploring on same mage, aronud level 10 and discovering the plaguelands...fun times
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Wait, which am I?

Can I be teh beest? I can rawr rilly gud!

Oh and mispell stuff! See? I misspelled misspell! You also seem familiar...
    Obviously I said that with you being the beast :]

And also: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Mistreseliza

I just stopped posting on the Forums because my account expired on Jan :/ I even made 3 posts that a few Paladin posters maxed out for the lulz before it expired.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress

10+ Year Old Account

i also played runescape

i can say that the quest system and the prof system was b etter in runescape but wow overall is better

i got bored and wanted a new game and then i saw south park

Thinking back to how I got into this game brings back so many memories. I guess I found out about WoW because I played some Starcraft and Warcraft, though I had never played an mmo before. So I spent probably a month or two on the main website looking through all the zones and dungeons and trying to decide what class I wanted to play. The rogue class instantly grabbed my attention and I haven't left it since. I haven't even leveled another class to 80... except for another rogue!

So, long story short, I started playing in 2005 and haven't looked back since. Going through those starting zones still brings back my first leveling experiences there, like being chased down the road in Duskwood by giant spiders! I miss those days.
    If I see you... you're dead. If you see me... oh wait, you can't!

Deleted

My first char ever, was a Tauren Hunter on my friends acc back when you couldnt inspect n shit.
    Kind of all my closest "geek-friends" played wow and one of em was like "omfg guys, gnome mages r teh shit" just cuz he had a lvl 18 Gnome mage. So, always when I was at their place, I watched em play and after some time i knew pretty much about the game so when we finally got broadband (lol) i started playing.
    This was when BWL was srz bsnz and my friends told me that the last boss of BWL, Nefarian was impossible!

So, I started out as a Troll Male Warrior cuz trolls were badass and 3 of my friends on the same server were Trolls and we were going to start a "Troll Only Guild" (wich we later on named Rex :c ).
    We raided Ashenvale n shit, with like 40 lvl 10-40s (remember I had to run when everyone else had mounts/aspect of pack n shit and I was all jelous).

I ditched that warrior later on because my wow-friend (irlfriend 2) rerolled on another server. So i rolled a NE male Hunter. I remember him leveling fast as fk and saving gold for epic ground mount and some epics, to get accepted by one of the best guilds on the server (wich they succeded with). I remember taking screen shots on my "badass" hunter every 10th level to see the change haha. And I remember beeing boosted in Gnomer (the old boosting system, where you could stay at the entrance and a rogue stealthed to the boss and Master Looted you the item) and I got a dagger with a poison chance on hit, and my mate told me it was imba!
    And when I finally got to 60, my friend was in a guild that farmed MC and up to Nefarian in BWL (and ofc Onyxia) and I was like "shit, I know one of the best druids on the server!" BUT ofc they got bored of the druid and traded account with some random dude just before Naxx got released.

But i kept on playing that hunter until i finally got bored in BC and started trading accounts all the time and ofc lost one of the traded accounts. (bought a new one ~3 months before WOTLK)

DAMN, prolly noone that'll read this shit :c

My friend is a HUGE Blizzard fan in general and had played WoW for a long time before I ever did. When I finally got into it, I decided to make a Tauren Hunter and mostly leveled alone. I got to about level 40, but at that time I didn't know what I was doing and didn't really have any help/cooperation, so I just ended up quitting after awhile.

The funny thing is that when I was playing that, I always checked out every new ability I got, and I noticed Hunter's had a few melee abilities, so I just assumed I was supposed to use them. So I'd shoot a few bullets at distance and then run in to melee attack.

Over time I started to pay more attention to lore and such and began to read about various things. I still read about random stuff on Wowwiki pretty often.
    Nothing.

10+ Year Old Account

Obviously I said that with you being the beast :]

And also: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Mistreseliza

I just stopped posting on the Forums because my account expired on Jan :/ I even made 3 posts that a few Paladin posters maxed out for the lulz before it expired.
    OH HAI!

I quit until...well..just like 10 minutes ago xD

I got some cash from my new job, so I'm back on :] No more official forums for me though, just to ask real questions and stuff, like http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...399166&sid=1#0

Still, I also keyed them in on a lazy, but still decent solution of a thing like meteor fists. It's a lazy solution, but a unique one, as no other player ae really does that :O

5 years ago I went over my friends house to pregame before hitting some bars and usually we play some Mario Kart but this time he was sitting at his computer desk grinding silithids in tanaris with troll priest and i was like "WOAH whats this". So he explained and I had many mroe questions while watching his troll run around smite spamming. So after about 45 minutes of talking about the game watching him grind, COMPLETELY MESMERIZED; I say "I'm going to get this game tommorrow morning except I want a big axe to smash stuff in the face with. and lo and behold the next day i began my adventures of a level 1 orc warrior.

OH HAI!

I quit until...well..just like 10 minutes ago xD

I got some cash from my new job, so I'm back on :] No more official forums for me though, just to ask real questions and stuff, like http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...399166&sid=1#0

Still, I also keyed them in on a lazy, but still decent solution of a thing like meteor fists. It's a lazy solution, but a unique one, as no other player ae really does that :O
    Ah, that's great, so you playing Warrior?

Btw, that response of GC is kind of vague... but I guess time will tell what will happen to warriors.

As for me, I'm planning on returning with Cata.... but I have serious doubt about it with all the school work I need to pump out next year to get back on track... especially with the huge strike UPRM (my college over at Puerto Rico) is having right now....

Campus has been closed since.... late April. Not a single class has been given since then...

I played phantasy star online for gamecube for awhile before it got boring, met a few people through that and kept in touch with them on forums though we all stopped playing it. When wow was announced several of us decided to all try it out for a new game to get into together. Been in love with the game ever since.

10+ Year Old Account

A friend from school got my hooked back in 2005. He's long since quit, but I'm still treckin'. Did a lot of research on the game before I started, I played the Warcraft series, but wanted to learn about the Races/Classes inside WoW. Looked enjoyable, so, I started.

At some point in 2006 I saw a WoW commercial and saw that there was a 10-day free trial.

I decided to try it out assuming I'd get bored of it by the first day.

And here I still am. Commercials DO work!

Edit: Not to mention I played WC2 and WC3 a lot back in the day.

I use to play runescape, but after a series of nasty computer problems and some failures in highschool (repeated failed assignments in this one mega bitch's class.... she earned that name for hating the football team, she hated all of us on the football team :) I had to lose my membership to it. I missed the feel of an mmo and there was no way in hell i'd get into everquest, never heard about asheron's call or any other ones and it was just a coincidence that I had actually run accross warcraft 3 at around the same time

fell in love with it, i never got copies of WC1 and 2, only ever fund a functioning WC3 (RoC and TFT). beat both, learned about the easter eggs and the characters involved and started messing with the editor. THEN I learned there was an mmo out and read up on it. I had to play eventually, so i rolled a NE hunter and basically did EVERY noob hunter thing (i read hunter was a pulling class.... so in groups i only pulled.... midfight too). that toon rests in a shallow grave next to this guy named Legomyegolas and I rerolled troll mage, and undead warlock.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison