Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Reception for Feral DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Cortano
    Swipe is really insane AoE damage; if anything, that will overstate how well ferals do.
    Swipe is not part of our rotation or priority or whatever you want to call it. I can hit it when I have 50+ energy but against a single target it's not worth it. Paladins, warriors, etc... hit bladestorm or whirlwind when it's off CD whether they hit 1 target or 100 targets it's worth casting. This is part of the reason Blizzard is changing those spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover
    It's either that, or those people are living in the TBC days, where kitty dps was kindof unheard of. During those days, the only ferals you saw were tanks. True on my server there are far more feral tanks than there are feral dps, but most don't seem to know what they are doing. It wasn't until Wrath that Kitty dps started to take hold and it really picked up in 3.1 when they made the Savage Rawr change (got to love the days of gemming for strength).
    Reeeeeally depends. I still remember back in the good ol' TBC days, my guild had to make a tough choice between me tanking or DPSing, because I was good at both. Even still, I doubt the majority of people would even know why good feral kitties would make sure to bring mana pots to raids back then! You could still bring out the card that most people did not know how to effectively kitty DPS even in TBC, and this was prior to Savage Roar, but the timing and energy management was still pretty difficult. You could still pin up ridiculous numbers if you did it right.

...gg, now I'm having flashbacks to TBC. My bear tribal name was "Tanks with Salv," and I had my flying burning kitties macro with my Tears of the Goddess macro. Such interesting memories!
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft
    My bear tribal name was "Tanks with Salv," and I had my flying burning kitties macro with my Tears of the Goddess macro. Such interesting memories!
    God, the memories.
    That boss remains on of my fondest memory. Hearing your GM saying "Swap out <warrior MT name>, we'll have the Bear tanking" is something I won't forget for a while.

Oh and... yeah, mana pots. If that wasn't milking out our class to the extreme, then noone else does it.
    DruidBar + Mana Pot + external Innervate = fun Brutallus times xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotch
    Let me rephrase.

In an ICC heroic 25 a feral DPS cannot out dps an equally geared melee dps of any class except for maybe an enhancement shaman with incredibly bad luck. not because of anything the player is doing but because the game won't let them due to differences in scaling and dmging abilities. the only fight with a feral druid in the top 10 is Festergut because they are able to get the dmg buff by going bear and getting some stacks.

Look on world of logs. ferals are almost universally the last melee listed on any fight except for 1 or 2
    You, or the ferals you're running with suck horribly.

World of Logs is a pretty useful tool, but don't stare at it too blindly. Feral dps is the hardest spec to play correctly, and WoL is full of baddies. Good ferals challenge mages and rogues regularly, and beat them too.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotch
    Let me rephrase.

In an ICC heroic 25 a feral DPS cannot out dps an equally geared melee dps of any class except for maybe an enhancement shaman with incredibly bad luck. not because of anything the player is doing but because the game won't let them due to differences in scaling and dmging abilities. the only fight with a feral druid in the top 10 is Festergut because they are able to get the dmg buff by going bear and getting some stacks.

Look on world of logs. ferals are almost universally the last melee listed on any fight except for 1 or 2
    I must be incredibly lucky. In ICC 25 we are 10/12 and all but one fight I am top 3 as a feral dps. Dreamwalker being the exception. The lil mobs die to fast.

I agree with Breatnach 10 man pugs dont want feral dps even they're just coming for frost emblems. My opinion is nowadays people are chasing after boomkins or trees. cat druids very few on my realm.

My guild usually roll with me as feral DPS a Tree and a Moonkin. CR can bring any fight back from the brink. I am on par or slightly ahead of rouges and mages who slightly out-gear me. If you have half a brain you can be competitive. But in saying that when I pug I pug as bear just to get taken fast.

With all the advice on this site you should be good.

Lol if feral was only for tanking I wouldn't be doing 14k dps in. None heroic Icc gear every feral has his own rotation . But no I've never had someone say it's only for tanking but if u link kingslayer it's a auto invite:P

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    Wrong.

In an ICC heroic guild that is done and has killed every boss on heroic, a feral DPS cannot out dps an equally geared melee. In any guild that is not the top 5% in the world, a skilled and equally geared feral can beat any other class. There are several feral's in the top 10 of boss fights, but then again if you look at WoL top 10 dps, it's whoever can get the most outside damaging buffs. (anyone getting Tricks and hysteria or FM, PI, Tricks etc)
    If anyone thinks otherwise... we will fall behind on cleave fights, this means blade flurry, cleave, whirlwind, heart strike, wandering plague, divine storm, consecration, etc, but we will still have top damage done to the BOSS, or at least near the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol
    lets compare feral druid dps against their prime rivals; rogues.

Cat brings raid stat buffs, 5% crit increased bleed damage, battle ress AND innervate.
    Rogue brings.. nothing but Tricks of the trade?
    Rogues bring an extremely important buff to raids, four percent physical damage. Do you raid with Arms warriors? Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantthink
    towards the end of TBC kitty dps was picking up it was an all out Mangle rotation but it was there, and then In 3.0 we were OP and the sea of rogue tears had us nerfed in 3.1 IIRC SR went from 40% AP buff to 30%dmg buff and then for 3.1 we were a little underpowered then they did Critting Rip which scaled up to be as good as everyone else.
    They didn't "nerf" us because of rogues, and it wouldn't be a "nerf" unless you were in gear that didn't exist at the time, but if you look at the damage scaling, in ICC 264+ gear, we would be rocking around 20,000 AP, our bleed damage would be ridiculously overpowered in both PVE and PVP, it had to be changed...

edit: proof reading usually helps... ><

Well a kitty on some decent hardcore servers is alot asked for raids but alot. Reason why for the 5% crit buff, innervate, combatrezz, tranquil & they can tank if they are in bearform they become crit immune if you got surv of the fittest.. It's really hard to get a kitty. That a kitty can't be topping on fights like putricide or LK where you got alot movement stuff isn't really true. On LK25 if the tanks got imba aggro threat a kitty would be topping easy, they already overaggro like f*ck. But a kitty would suck on fights like yogsarron just imagine you can't be all the time on that creatures in their back to use shred you can't keep your debuffs up on one target, hard to keep your savageroar buff. Phase1 they won't be dpsing on the adds just to be safe to avoid the clouds. P3 is a pain to activate shred.

If you got duelspec, spec cat & resto.. Seriously this a very fun class also feral is alot of CCing. They got more use then a retri pala in a raid.. Moonkin looks like a wrath spammer..
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

Quote Originally Posted by Begottenson
    Lol you raid with some shitty kitties then, or I raid with shitty dps. On stand still fights I can compete with the rogue in our guild and the pally and generally beat out the hunters and mages. During movement fights it varies alot but still come in the top 5 usually.
    lmao.
    sorry, go on.

Ferals are very much capable of topping charts.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...?s=3632&e=3816
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...?s=4540&e=4756

That's without Tricks/Hysteria or any other kind of meter padding.