Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lacking Arms DPS because of ArP Trinket or something else?

http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21426879#inventory

Basically, I've read the topic here on Arms Warriors, follow the priority rotation (Rend>MS>Sudden Death>Overpower Proc>lolstorm>Slam, although SD and OP don't always get used in the right order), and still only pull roughly 3.5-4.5k on boss fights with (according to Gear Score) a 5.5k GS. Knowing it's this high, I KNOW I should be pulling more. Is it the fact that I'm missing an ArP trinket to get me ArP capped? Is Arms really that gimped and I should go Fury? Or am I just doing something wrong?

(Arms is my OS. Assuming I dump the money, honor, or emblems into Cardinal Rubies, my ArP raises by 105, or ~7.50%. 2H Massacre is also taken over Berserking for the same reason.)

tl;dr I'm cheap and don't get the best for my OS, and do sub-par DPS. Is this an ArP issue, spec issue, or player issue?
    Thanks Soko<3

Re: Lacking Arms DPS because of ArP Trinket or something else?

1. Go Fury
    2. hit arp hardcap
    3. ???
    4. success

Arms isn't nearly as gimped as some say it is, though it is lagging behind Fury. An arms warrior in my guild has no ArP trinket and is entirely capable of pushing out 10-11k DPS. You are definitely doing something very wrong, OP. Here's one thing horrifically wrong: you have 17% hit. SEVENTEEN PERCENT.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's because you're wearing MAIL gloves AND bracers AND boots with INTELLECT.

But I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Garam
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's because you're wearing MAIL gloves AND bracers AND boots with INTELLECT.

But I could be wrong.
    you are, for the most part
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE
    you are, for the most part
    How? That's a completely worthless stat for his class. That'd be like me stacking spirit as a hunter.

But I could be wrong.
    Not wrong. Fury or Arms, I don't care what spec you are, a warrior is better off with 232 plate from H ICC 5-mans than agi/int gear intended for shamans and hunters! You need gear with STRENGTH and ArP. Personally, I don't like Arms for PvE, simply because it is WAY too GDC dependant for the raid utility added, in my opinion. Just go fury, ditch the rogue/hunter gear for some real warrior gear, and go to town.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...am&n=nicthalon

actually you need gear to be able to crit. agi gear has better crit than str gear, and crit is valued high when you have a good wep + deep wounds.

mail and leather is in no way bad for a warrior.

on topic: its not about an arp trinket. its about your arp on gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Becvar
    Not wrong. Fury or Arms, I don't care what spec you are, a warrior is better off with 232 plate from H ICC 5-mans than agi/int gear intended for shamans and hunters! You need gear with STRENGTH and ArP. Personally, I don't like Arms for PvE, simply because it is WAY too GDC dependant for the raid utility added, in my opinion. Just go fury, ditch the rogue/hunter gear for some real warrior gear, and go to town.

That's what I figured. I don't have a Warrior, but I figured that for common sense. There's plenty of plate str loot in ICC anyway, why do you take the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Craigadiddle
    actually you need gear to be able to crit. agi gear has better crit than str gear, and crit is valued high when you have a good wep + deep wounds.

The OP has nearly 1k ArP at the moment, and would have more than 1k OP if he decided to go ahead and make them all epic gems instead of blue gems. This is a player issue.

I smell a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigadiddle

It's not about the fact it's mail or leather. I couldn't care less about the armor classification.

It's the fact it has intellect.

It's not about the fact it's mail or leather. I couldn't care less about the armor classification.

It's the fact it has intellect.
    Intellect makes me smart duuurrpp

There are situations where Mail and Leather beat Plate gear, especially if they are well itemized pieces. Warriors are not limited to only Plate, stop spreading misinformation. And yes, pieces with Intellect were best in slot in ToC, so, again... that means nothing. If it's better, it's better.

Leggings of northern lights are bis for arms warriors. dont troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Intellect makes me smart duuurrpp
    You don't see me stacking spirit.

great example of how not to gear
    hardcapped with a NES, you know your stuff obviously

@garam
    most of the plate out of icc sucks, im actualy suprised that they have 1 piece thats got somewhat right itemization(belt from DW)
    the mail bracers from lootship are 2nd BiS with the crafted ones from toc25 are 3rd(before hardmodes)
    with a glorenzeg the mail pants from LDW heroic are BiS
    its not about it having int on it, its about how much dps you'll lose by choosing the plate counterpart
    the fact that you dont have a warrior makes your mail/leather point moot
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE
    great example of how not to gear
    hardcapped with a NES, you know your stuff obviously

@garam
    most of the plate out of icc sucks, im actualy suprised that they have 1 piece thats got somewhat right itemization(belt from DW)
    the mail bracers from lootship are 2nd BiS with the crafted ones from toc25 are 3rd(before hardmodes)
    with a glorenzeg the mail pants from LDW heroic are BiS
    its not about it having int on it, its about how much dps you'll lose by choosing the plate counterpart
    the fact that you dont have a warrior makes your mail/leather point moot
    You'd think you would lose DPS by having a worthless stat. It's like being over hit capped. It doesn't do anything.

If you check my Warrior out, Azeus from Kael'thas US, you will see that i do wear leather as fury. But for arms i didnt bother. I still am above ArP cap as arms do to the fact i am using a mace, and specced into it that is 15% + the 10% for being in battle stance so there fore i basically have a free 25% ArP. My dps Rotation is, Rend-Ms-Slam-OP-Sudden Death when procced. From there on out i use Ms off Cd OP off IGC-and sudden death when it procs, i can get lucky and do 10-11k single target as this spec.

You'd think you would lose DPS by having a worthless stat. It's like being over hit capped. It doesn't do anything.
    overinflation of stam on plate gear makes the 4 stat plate worse than the 5 stat leather or the 6 stat mail- less points in stam and more in agi/crit/arp
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD