Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowfrost shards and PUG's

Ok here's my Dilemma.....

I Was in a guild that was 11/12 25m ICC working on LK, I was first in line to get shadowmourne in that guild, had done all the quests and have 20/50 Shards.

That guild i was in has since fallen apart due to frustration with LK progress, (it Happens).

I have joined a new guild (we have killed LK and 6/12 HM ) that has a Fury warrior (other than me) First in line to get Shadowmourne and A ret pally second. I may possibly be third but who knows. I understand that i am in a new guild and at the bottom of the pecking order and this dosn't upset me and i am not venting about this. My Biggest Question i have atm is:

IF i PUG a 25 ICC and i am the only person on the part of the quest chain that is collecting shards, am I the only person able or eligible to receive them for loot?

Re: Shadowfrost shards and PUG's

Quote Originally Posted by Elta

I Was in a guild that was 11/12 25m ICC working on LK, I was first in line to get shadowmourne in that guild, had done all the quests and have 20/50 Shards.

That guild i was in has since fallen apart due to frustration with LK progress, (it Happens).

I have joined a new guild (we have killed LK and 6/12 HM ) that has a Fury warrior (other than me) First in line to get Shadowmourne and A ret pally second. I may possibly be third but who knows. I understand that i am in a new guild and at the bottom of the pecking order and this dosn't upset me and i am not venting about this. My Biggest Question i have atm is:

IF i PUG a 25 ICC and i am the only person on the part of the quest chain that is collecting shards, am I the only person able or eligible to receive them for loot?

In short; Yes.

I would think this is up to the raid leader, but it would only make sense, who would want loot that is useless to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    I would think this is up to the raid leader, but it would only make sense, who would want loot that is useless to them?
    It works like the blood, if you aren't on the quest you can't receive it.

Your biggest question *should* be: How quick will I get kicked if I pug 25 ICC?

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291
    Your biggest question *should* be: How quick will I get kicked if I pug 25 ICC?
    Yeah, you better make sure your guild is ok with you pugging 25m ICC instead of running with them. I did this to get my bloods, but before i did my run through i made sure to speak with the GM about it, and the rest of the guild so everyone knew that i wouldn't be running with my guild.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

It would take you quite a bit of time to get your remaining shards in pugs... especially if it's all normal 25 mode... I doubt your guild will be ok with this..

Quote Originally Posted by Elta

If they're not ok with it leave the guild. I could understand if they're people had more than you but im guessing you have more than them. Find a guild that doesnt have some1 who has done the boss wing quests and be sure to tell them how close you are and how your wanting to gem em.

15+ Year Old Account

Imo the best option is actually to pug it since he is like 3rd in queue for Shadowmourne behind ppl who have less or even none shards, silly.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    Greedy pugs who will never get to that part of the quest chain will still demand to roll on them.

To the OP, stick with your guild run since they have killed LK and are working on Hard Mode. Yes Shadowmourne is nice but think of all the upgrades waiting for you in Heroic ICC that you wont ever see in a pug.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth
    Greedy pugs who will never get to that part of the quest chain will still demand to roll on them.

To the OP, stick with your guild run since they have killed LK and are working on Hard Mode. Yes Shadowmourne is nice but think of all the upgrades waiting for you in Heroic ICC that you wont ever see in a pug.
    This is pretty much your best bet.

If you're third in line for it you'd probably get it faster in your guild run, depending on how many shards your first guy has. Shard drop rate on heroic is three times that of reg. Factor in that your guild should be clearing at least half on heroic each week, and that pugs most likely won't get wing bosses, and it's pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia
    Imo the best option is actually to pug it since he is like 3rd in queue for Shadowmourne behind ppl who have less or even none shards, silly.
    That's not the point.

The point is that he's a raider, in a raiding guild, and not able to raid with the guild. So what if he has a legitimate excuse? That's a raider slot that's effectively empty for 3+ months. We had a guy that "bought" Shadowmourne (by FC/ST and purchasing shards from decent guilds) and got his about two weeks after the world-first. You know what? He doesn't raid with us anymore.

I can't imagine any legitimate raiding guild taking someone who has a Shadowmourne, either. It's first impression just screams: "thanks for the orange, kthxbai!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

I can't imagine any legitimate raiding guild taking someone who has a Shadowmourne, either. It's first impression just screams: "thanks for the orange, kthxbai!"
    We did. Guilds disband, you know.

Shard drop rate on heroic is three times that of reg.
    It certainly isn't. While I can't pinpoint the droprates, the plethora of Shadowmournes already completed mostly on normal runs is a strong indication otherwise. How many "heroic ICC" guild have completed three Shadowmournes on their own yet?

@Op:
    The shards are Quest Items and can be rolled on by all who are on THIS step of this chain. Regardless of master looter or not.
    Be aware though that you are of no use to a (raiding) guild if you prefer rnd ICC instead of a guild run. I'd reckon 30 shards take something like 6 weeks minimum on pug runs. The moment you'd make your proposal to our guild officers, you'd be guildless. No questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by suicuique
    It certainly isn't. While I can't pinpoint the droprates, the plethora of Shadowmournes already completed mostly on normal runs is a strong indication otherwise. How many "heroic ICC" guild have completed three Shadowmournes on their own yet?
    I can attest to the point that they seem to drop better on normal bosses than heroic.
    We did something like 5 heroic bosses and ended up with only 3 shards for the week from 12/12 clear. None of them dropped on heroic bosses.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Malorajan
    I can attest to the point that they seem to drop better on normal bosses than heroic.
    We did something like 5 heroic bosses and ended up with only 3 shards for the week from 12/12 clear. None of them dropped on heroic bosses.
    The drop chance on normal and heroic are to be found on the armory.

Normal - 25%-50%

Heroic - 51%-99%

But it is still a drop chance which means you can get 12 shards from a normal clear and none in a full heroic clear, it's just very very VERY unlikely.

if you are the only one with the quest for the shards, even the lootmaster could only give them to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorajan
    Heroic drop rate is really high, it's almost 100% drop for us. Our fury warrior currently has 22 shards in 3 weeks. Every week we did 9/12 Heroic, and 3/12 remaining normal mode.
    Honestly, this legendary is darn easy to make

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth
    They can roll on the shards as much as they want. If they're not on the quest, they aren't eligible to loot the item, neither can the Lootmaster pass the Shards to them. If you use Group Loot for example, only the Person with the quest could roll on the shards. The other ones can't even see the roll window.

Step 1. Find out if the Fury Warrior is up to the collecting of shards part. (if not stay in guild, coz you will get a few while you wait for him to catch up)

IF he is up to collecting,

Step 2. Argue that it's better for the guild as a whole to have a legendary ASAP (that being yours since you are only 2 or 3 resets off).

IF that doesnt work,

Leave Guild and Start Pugging / Look for another guild. Once you get 40+ or so, it should be easy to find another guild that has similar progression to what you are (11/12) not (6/12).