Poll: What class is the best DPS class in the game, at the moment?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Best DPS class in the game?

Given the best possible single target scenario (BiS, all kind of buffs, not moving/retargeting etc)

1-Rogue
    2-Feral druid
    3-Frost Dk

Thats my top 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

So, let's do some actual research since we are talking about maximum DPS in BiS gear and maximum skill.

According to WoL,Warriors in ICC (as in the most recent content) are winning on the majority of fights. (http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...n_Citadel/dps/)

According to WMO, however, Mages and Warriors are tied for the best DPS (as in a member of each of their classes has the #1 spot on the same number of fights). (http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dtb/all/9/0/3)

So, overall from both the sites, Warriors seem to edge out for the #1 spot.

Edit: Realized a mistake and fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorick
    Wait, what?
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play.../#tab-25Heroic

Warriors have absolutely incredible scaling after hitting the arp cap, target swaps are almost meaningless to them and they have cleave and whirlwind. Of course shadowmourne is a factor, but rets and dks aren't dominating the charts to anywhere near the same extent that fury warriors are.

FURY WARRIOR ALL THE WAY
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

vote shaman because I can
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Anyone who is lucky enough to be in a guild with a warrior with shadowmourne knows that there's really no other competition. I think my guild's warrior's dps shot up about 2k on heroic Saurfang the Tuesday after he got his Shadowmourne, and no that's without a jump in the ICC buff.

I voted just to see the results.

TBH though, the classes are getting to the point that while gaps in natural dps are clearly evident, they're so small compared to the influence player skill has on the class that it doesn't really matter in the end.

Player A playing class X with a skill of 8 on a scale of 1-10 will always outdps

Player B playing class Y with a skill of 7 on a scale of 1-10 even if a program like Rawr says Class Y should be doing 100 more dps than X

Quote Originally Posted by bone123
    vote shaman because I can
    vote warr because its true

Deleted

anyone bored enough to make/find BiS list for all speccs and classes and run it all through simcraft?

i vote druid

Warriors are winning fights where they can cleave spam on fights.

On direct single target always dps fights, BiS fire mages with there unlimited hot streaks are winning.

the best class changes every patch, every set bonus, every tier change, every trinket discovery, and from boss fight to boss fight. This thread is about as ignorant as they come

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    anyone bored enough to make/find BiS list for all speccs and classes and run it all through simcraft?
    That would be a waste of time, theoretical maximum dps in a perfect situation is meaningless when that perfect situation doesn't exist.

For this sort of thing logs are more useful because they show how well the various specs are able to apart to the imperfect dps situations created by bosses.

feral dps.. im surprised no one has mentioned this yet.(cba to read the whole thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    Internet explorer, burn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorack
    TBH though, the classes are getting to the point that while gaps in natural dps are clearly evident, they're so small compared to the influence player skill has on the class that it doesn't really matter in the end.
    No this isn't true at all.